Does anyone ever lose in the arena anymore?

Charlesbusa
408 posts Member
edited April 2016
I guess this is more directed at players who rank in top 100 everyday as their toons are maxed out or close to it.

Before the update I would lose once or twice a day. But overnight I would only lose a few ranks.

After the update, I never lose. Never. But I lose a lot more ranks overnight, because nobody else seems to lose anymore either.

Is this what you guys are seeing as well? There doesn't seem to be a team that the AI can successfully defend with anymore. The AI has never been good, but it did used to beat meet once a day.

Replies

• Options
    I finished 9/10 battles today winning most of which with a full squad remaining. And I haven't dropped in 6 hours so far.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Overnight I have been dropping no lower than top 15. I will lose sometimes on offense against dooku leads + daka due to dodge procs.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Well, do you use any of the following:
    -Dooku
    -QG
    -RG
    -GS

If so, thats why you lose on defence and win on offense.
    {RotE}
  • Charlesbusa
    408 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    -Dooku
    -QG
    -RG
    -GS

Who do you recommend for defense. Because every team I come across is easy to beat. Whether they have those you listed or other toons like fives and savage.

I'd love to figure out a good defense team, but the AI....
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    100% wins with any team
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I find the same thing and I am down in the 300's for ranking. I swapped out a bunch of characters when the update happened and I can still win. I even tried out a 3* gear 7 RG and won easily (I can definitely see how nice he is).

Now with a 3* RG I dropped like a rock into the 500's within a couple hours. I actually went back to my pre update team and can hold somewhat steady only dropping 100-150 or so and able to climb right back up.
  • Options
    Funny, I'm running a 4* RG and I've actually done better at holding my rank overnight, of course mine is gear 9 which makes a huge bit of difference.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Funny, I'm running a 4* RG and I've actually done better at holding my rank overnight, of course mine is gear 9 which makes a huge bit of difference.

Dat protection tho.
  • Clodas
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Try running Dooku (L), old Ben, Bariss, RG, ST Han on defense

They're basically impossible to take down in 5 minutes
  • Options
    Fives, Oppress and RG are the three chars I try to avoid now. A team with all 3 is brutal to face.
  • Options
    Clodas wrote: »
    Try running Dooku (L), old Ben, Bariss, RG, ST Han on defense

They're basically impossible to take down in 5 minutes

Nope, they are not. That team has zero damage output and can be easily beaten in under 3 minutes with no bother at all.

Han dies before he can get a taunt off, Ben is stunned and locked down as every team runs Dooku, RG is bypassed as most Dooku teams run Qui Gon specifically to take down taunts.

Also I see a LOT of teams running Ventress instead of Qui Gon now who single handedy beats your team.
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Had a mare today gaining places seems people settling on teams on my server that I can't counter yet

One team I faced consisted of

Daka
    Old Ben
    STH
    Fives
    Lumi

Tip don't kill Ben before fives he lights up the board like a Christmas tree beat three of my toons when he was last

damage isn't high but they just grind you down lol
  • Clodas
    71 posts Member
    Options
    @Old_Tallen obviously you haven't met that team at 34 000 power with a pre crafted RG that has effectively 50k health. I'm not talking about them DPSing anyone down. They can't...at all...I'm talking about them having an extremely good chance at just running the clock out.

If you can beat them in three minutes, your stable of Heroes survived the patch a lot better than mine.
  • Options
    Isn't this sort of proof that arena is more balanced? If you have 5 maxed out toons, you can probably beat any other team comp at the same level. The only team I can't beat on my server is the #1 whale who is two levels higher than everyone else and all five characters have pre-crafted gear IX. Top 30 on my server appears to be the same as ever though, and no one at the top is dropping further than that. The snipe-fest at payout time has gotten brutal though.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't this sort of proof that arena is more balanced? If you have 5 maxed out toons, you can probably beat any other team comp at the same level. The only team I can't beat on my server is the #1 whale who is two levels higher than everyone else and all five characters have pre-crafted gear IX. Top 30 on my server appears to be the same as ever though, and no one at the top is dropping further than that. The snipe-fest at payout time has gotten brutal though.

It's proof that defense is poor and the gap between AI control and human controlled has increased due to an increase in fight duration.

You could sort of call that balance but if you ever had competent AI or real PVP it would be back to one or to Meta teams.
  • Options
    I've not lost a battle since the update and get rank 1 everyday providing I can play at payout (before the update too). I also seem to lose a few more ranks on average and have fallen into the 20s by the morning one time (which I haven't been anywhere near for a good 2 months now keeping myself in the top 12 on purpose).
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    -Dooku
    -QG
    -RG
    -GS

Who do you recommend for defense. Because every team I come across is easy to beat. Whether they have those you listed or other toons like fives and savage.

I'd love to figure out a good defense team, but the AI....

I use Poe(L),Han,Daka,Rey,Phasma. Havent dropped above top 10 since the update.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Cool, I'll try a couple different squads on my last battle and see if some hold rank better than others.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    They want everyone to feel like a winner because many of the players are millennials who were always taught they were winners and they got a trophy for getting out of bed. Reality will soon set it once they reach the real world and work force. Yep nothing special about you.