The gear meta RG 5 star gear 9 >> RG 7 star gear 8

LordAlvert
1193 posts Member
edited April 2016
I'm not going to start with complaint about precrafting and gear not available. Oops might have just done that.

They promised no eighth star... So let's see...

Getting RG to seven stars was 3 months of arduous farming and no way around it.

Gearing guys to gear 9 usually one set of purple twenties and one set of 50 purples which can be accomplished with refreshes in a few days.

Long hard farming of stars has been neutered. Anyone else enjoying their seven star toon having same offense and vastly worse health bars than their better geared toon 2 stars below.

Even 4 star RG with gear 9 is a beast. Careful of targeting.

Replies

• slama
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree, gear IX RG is all over my top 10 arena. I would be ok with this if I had the opportunity to gear him up but I don't since those pieces are not available. I am yet to beat a team with gear IX RG. This decreases the joy units associated with my playing experience substantially.
  • Options
    Excuse a noob question, but what does precrafting mean? It's not possible any more?
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Excuse a noob question, but what does precrafting mean? It's not possible any more?

People who crafted Gear required for gear level 9 prior to the update as prior to the update, we didn't need the 50 of the new current unobtainable items CG added that now blocks people from crafting those items.
  • Options
    Silence has been deadly on precrafting topic.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    RG in general is super strong. That stun and passive taunt with the new shield is just nuts. I'm running a 2*, gear VIII RG and have been placing in the top 50-20 range the last several days. I think they went overboard a bit when they buffed him. I actually have 1 piece of precrafted gear that I'd love to give him except I haven't progressed in DS far enough to get access to a random purple lol
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    RG in general is super strong. That stun and passive taunt with the new shield is just nuts. I'm running a 2*, gear VIII RG and have been placing in the top 50-20 range the last several days. I think they went overboard a bit when they buffed him. I actually have 1 piece of precrafted gear that I'd love to give him except I haven't progressed in DS far enough to get access to a random purple lol

Lmao what level are you? 50?

Yea pre-crafting is not cool. That being said...seems everyone is doing it in my shard so i am going to do it as well.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

Lmao what level are you? 50?

Yea pre-crafting is not cool. That being said...seems everyone is doing it in my shard so i am going to do it as well.

74. I just didn't bother farming him since he was weak before. I'm also 100% F2P.

And why is precrafting not cool? It's not like everyone at that point couldn't do it or anyone actually expected the dumb move on the dev's part to randomly close access to the new gear. I precrafted one piece because I simply could and wanted to equip it as soon as I could. I had no idea it would be this dumb.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ok well i can tell you that at level 74 nobody is going to have trouble in offense on a 2* RG. So are you complaining about him being good in offense or what? If so that is ridiculous, no? Shouldn't all be characters be good at least in offense?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes the subcomponents are possibly needed in other recipes. Which makes precrafting potentially shortsighted. U cant uncraft items. So the update hmm.

But the real problem is they haven't made these gear parts available anywhere.

What about the people that couldn't even get the parts yet to precraft. Even if 5hey read the latest forum news, it didn't even apply to them yet.

Now they finally unlocked and or can clear LS/DS to get the previously required parts for gear9, but now it doesn't matter. The new material isnt avail. And when it is, it will be another 5 or 6 player levels before they can unlock the new mission. And another couple days before they can clear it. And another week of refills before they can collect enough. They are artificially way behind. Because someone leaked the magic bean exploit. And not everyone was at the point where they could do anything about it. I guess u can call it a reward to the oldest players and or whales. But some of them even didn't get the message.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Ok well i can tell you that at level 74 nobody is going to have trouble in offense on a 2* RG. So are you complaining about him being good in offense or what? If so that is ridiculous, no? Shouldn't all be characters be good at least in offense?

Yeah, he does seem a bit too good on offense. He doesn't hit hard but he controls the field a lot. Better than most taunters and he's certainly way better on offense that vast majority of other characters would be at 2*. He's not broken but I can still see him getting toned down in a little while when every has easier access to 7* and rank IX gear.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I believe he is quite easy to defeat at 7* gear 8. But i've just seen a video with RG at gear 9. That really does look like much trouble, especially in a tanky team. But we will have to see how all chars look at gear 9. This pre-craft thing they allowed is not good. The whale in my server is going to have gear 9 on all chars soon lol, including RG. Then i'll weep softly.
  • Options
    What precrafted gear does RG need?
    Droid caller or furnace?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Zip0zilch Droid caller.
  • Zip0zilch
    110 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for reply :smile: