To all of you fellow consumers.

Baldo
2863 posts Member
edited April 2016
Whenever we feel you've done something good for us it completely turns around and bites us all you know where. Yoda for example. Here's a free 7* character and it's Yoda! Oh wow Company thank you so much how kind. You know what else he's your April fools day present. Yoda is back surprise, surprise. Wow thanks so much again Company I needed another week to farm my Jedi to get him because you have been so consistent with this 21 day spread before the event comes back. (We also nerfed Yoda in the challenge to make him more bearable). April 14th or 15th I cannot remember off hand. Yoda is nerfed!!!!! EVERYONE is nerfed (FOTP,ANAKIN) took months and $500. Then protection is a fabulous new feature we've added to make battles longer woooooo hooooo!! You realize adding defense without nerfing damage will still make battles longer. March community update notes. Something big is coming!!! Everyone assumes ships! Nope it's guilds which is fabulous I was absolutely estactic have my own guild {KøR} so anyways my point is things have just continued getting worse and I want to address that everyone seems to care but nothing gets done and why? Personally I think they may not either. The only big thing I see coming out of guilds is piles of money poured into them, big numbers needed for any decent reward, expensive start up cost to create a guild. This game has one common denominator and You all know what that is.

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    I heard 5mil creds to start up, then nothing more. That is like $50, so not that bad. If you have a good mix energy refresh costs are distributed.

For the nerfs I'm a bit peeved too. I dumped in to get yoda, jedi really are not great, but it's Yoda man,lol. Then nerfed. I was doing the 50 and 100 refreshes on FOTP to finish him off, nerfed. I can agree with you on the nerfings, especially on those that are more difficult farms/costly to.

Honestly I like protection added. It forces some better strategy than just burst and blow to kingdom come. I think nerfing attacks on ones like 5's, Luke, Barriss was not needed, and Ventress please she is so slow let her hit hard. I do like the Dooku hit. It forces you to choose do you want that great leader ability with a wet noodle hit, or a different lead that allows more DPS. It gives you need for offense/defense as I run a bit differently if I'm going idle for awhile.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I heard 5mil creds to start up, then nothing more. That is like $50, so not that bad. If you have a good mix energy refresh costs are distributed.

For the nerfs I'm a bit peeved too. I dumped in to get yoda, jedi really are not great, but it's Yoda man,lol. Then nerfed. I was doing the 50 and 100 refreshes on FOTP to finish him off, nerfed. I can agree with you on the nerfings, especially on those that are more difficult farms/costly to.

Honestly I like protection added. It forces some better strategy than just burst and blow to kingdom come. I think nerfing attacks on ones like 5's, Luke, Barriss was not needed, and Ventress please she is so slow let her hit hard. I do like the Dooku hit. It forces you to choose do you want that great leader ability with a wet noodle hit, or a different lead that allows more DPS. It gives you need for offense/defense as I run a bit differently if I'm going idle for awhile.

@DarthMasterShawn I love the protection man I just said this because the nerfing with it didn't need to take place. I would not have cared if they nerfed any other toons I had except Rey, FOTP, Anakin, Yoda. If anything Anakin needed a buff more than a nerf. I'm so mad about these nerfs Rey wasn't really touched which I'm happy about :). But the others it's ridiculous. They took so much investing and time. @DarthMasterShawn
  • Options
    Baldo wrote: »

@DarthMasterShawn I love the protection man I just said this because the nerfing with it didn't need to take place.

I like it in arena, not in GW, the nerfing that is. Though some as I mentioned I really don't like being nerfed.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    "Everyone" was pretty non smart for expecting ships. There was no indication for that, none whatsoever.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    "Everyone" was pretty non smart for expecting ships. There was no indication for that, none whatsoever.

I didn't want ships. I wanted guilds I'm saying everyone thought it was ships.
  • Options
    Yoda was not nerfed.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda was not nerfed.

Why do people keep saying that he was nerfed 30% can you not read or?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yea nerf Yoda but leave Rey the same. Totally makes sense. Said no1 ever!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Yea nerf Yoda but leave Rey the same. Totally makes sense. Said no1 ever!

She dies easily has the same issue as FOTP. Which is why I don't understand why he was nerfed!
  • Options
    +1
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Baldo 164 speed man 164 speed! She is not that easy to kill, especially if you stick an RG in there!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    @Baldo 164 speed man 164 speed! She is not that easy to kill, especially if you stick an RG in there!

Lol mine is about 140 speed man.
  • Options
    Yoda is not intended to be a high damage attacker. He is a support - and a very effective one at that. Tenacity up is no joke. It makes sense that he deals less damage. He is balanced.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is not intended to be a high damage attacker. He is a support - and a very effective one at that. Tenacity up is no joke. It makes sense that he deals less damage. He is balanced.

Squish and Yoda is dead.
  • Options
    At lvl80 he will be the 5th fastest toon (I think). Fast toons are meant to have lower health.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Yoda was bad before in defense now he is a joke. I'm not one to linger on defense but he is not goot at all!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I went to a stand up comedy show once and I saw Yoda, Anakin and FOTP. They were the opening act!
  • Options
    Go to swgoh.gg and take a look at the stats. Yoda is by no means the weakest toon on defence.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Go to swgoh.gg and take a look at the stats. Yoda is by no means the weakest toon on defence.

Don't think those guys there play the game if Yoda is still top tier. He is still good in offense. But not against all comps. Clearly! In defense...forget about it!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Don't think those guys there play the game if Yoda is still top tier. He is still good in offense. But not against all comps. Clearly! In defense...forget about it!

Yoda, like healers, is very good one the offensive side. The problem is, on defense, both are very vulnerable, because the AI plays them so poorly. With "protection" Yoda can do all kinds of things - but his abilities (just like healers) are not just about the "what" - but about the "when" - especially since they nerfed his attack damage (he's no longer "ability + damage", more just about ability). Now, you want to save his "AoE steal" for when the enemy has buffs - but not just any buffs, the ones you need - if QGJ just pulled off a humbling blow, Yoda doesn't need to steal it. Sometimes you just want Yoda to attack with his base, get foresight, then hand it out to everyone. Other times, if you have a tank that's taunting and in good health, it pays for Yoda to wait until the opponents gets a useful buff (or two or three), then steal and pass it around.

Since the update, there are a number of ways Yoda has been weakened:

1) Obviously, his attack numbers.
    2) His tenacity buff is now auto-removed by QGJ's humbling blow (which makes the timing of using BM more important)
    3) Battles last longer (this hurts Yoda because he is all about timing now - and longer battles work in a human players favor, as it only gives the AI more opportunities to screw it up).
    4) Yoda has one of the lowest protection %s in the game (his is around 45% of his health - which id not that great to begin with). Most heroes are at least 50% - some much higher.

Sadly, not only has the Jedi Master been nerfed, he has also been weakened tremendously on defense given the above. He is quickly becoming the F2P version of GG - that is a trophy to collect dust on most people benches.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yoda, like healers, is very good one the offensive side. The problem is, on defense, both are very vulnerable, because the AI plays them so poorly. With "protection" Yoda can do all kinds of things - but his abilities (just like healers) are not just about the "what" - but about the "when" - especially since they nerfed his attack damage (he's no longer "ability + damage", more just about ability). Now, you want to save his "AoE steal" for when the enemy has buffs - but not just any buffs, the ones you need - if QGJ just pulled off a humbling blow, Yoda doesn't need to steal it. Sometimes you just want Yoda to attack with his base, get foresight, then hand it out to everyone. Other times, if you have a tank that's taunting and in good health, it pays for Yoda to wait until the opponents gets a useful buff (or two or three), then steal and pass it around.

Since the update, there are a number of ways Yoda has been weakened:

1) Obviously, his attack numbers.
    2) His tenacity buff is now auto-removed by QGJ's humbling blow (which makes the timing of using BM more important)
    3) Battles last longer (this hurts Yoda because he is all about timing now - and longer battles work in a human players favor, as it only gives the AI more opportunities to screw it up).
    4) Yoda has one of the lowest protection %s in the game (his is around 45% of his health - which id not that great to begin with). Most heroes are at least 50% - some much higher.

Sadly, not only has the Jedi Master been nerfed, he has also been weakened tremendously on defense given the above. He is quickly becoming the F2P version of GG - that is a trophy to collect dust on most people benches.

Terribly sad, terribly true! @Nikoms565
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Nikoms565 I was told QGJ dispelling tenacity was a bug and that will be fixed soon. I hope this is true because i'll be mad if this is intentional! I mean comeon! Yea agreed with everything you said. Terrible in defense now! And keep in mind, i don't care much about defense!
  • Options
    Speed, Damage, Health. That's the three main categories and each character should be strong at 2 and weaker in one.

For example, if a character is fast and does a lot of damage, their health should be low.
  • Options
    I would consider Yoda a top prize and hard to get character worthy of top performance. Players that work hard and pour money into a top prize deserve their top prize to consistently stay good.

Not to mention like players have said: its Yoda, he should be top notch....period