No one exciting left

I now have 33 characters, 15 of which I care anything for. I just realized there is no one exciting left I can farm. Ayala and Fisto would be cool, but I can't farm them. If Grievous was good I'd try for him, but heard he's slow, which is a terrible sin. Just got Anakin right in time for a nerf. Now it's endless Sims for gear, though I can't upgrade most because the gear is unobtainable. I can keep getting characters to 7 stars, gave 3, the rest are 5 or 6, but will the game get much better when tbey're all maxed? I've only been playing a few months, but without fun goals it's just a time sink every day for a few more shards, a bit more gear. What does everyone else do to keep interested?

Replies

• Options
    I find that drinking helps
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    I literally hit 100/100 for someone I've been farming last night and then looked at all the choices left, which I thought along with every shipments type, there's no one exciting to farm left. I'm having the same thought. I'm no means a whale or big spender but there's no one "worth farming" now.

The game must be getting stale (for collection of characters) for big /bigger spenders, probably for a while now.
  • Options
    There's plenty of characters they can add, Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, Republic Commandos, etc. I can't believe they would make Grievous so hard to get, but not effective. Might collect shard points for him anyways since you don't see him much. Maybe they'll buff him by the time I'm done.
  • Options
    I'm stickpiling arena and GW tokens. Just in case new toons come out at the end of April.
  • Options
    Faustino wrote: »

Drinking helps everything.

As for OP, what I usually do is I make sure I am farming a character that I like all the time. Right now that happens to be Old Ben. Farming characters to 7* is a big grind but it makes arena and GW easier.
  • Options
    I'm stickpiling arena and GW tokens. Just in case new toons come out at the end of April.

+1
  • Options
    I semi agree with this, mostly agree. I still have a couple characters I find interesting that I'm farming, other than that I wish they would bring General Kenobi already and other bounty hunters, etc
  • Options
    yeah after i finish rey, im gonna just pray darth maul gets added someway
  • Options
    Mauls worse now than before bc of protection. No OHKO binges
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Work on an odd team? Im doing ewoks now after doing jedi mostly for last two months. They will always add more characters
  • Options
    Idk about you, but about 15 minutes ago i was thinking, "im having more fun in this game now than ever before."

I finally will have a legit empire team once i unlock cantina stage 7. Im ready to finally use vaders leader ability. 30% offense up and tm reduction on hit.
  • Options
    Congrats on joining the "I have Anakin now he's trash club". Always exciting to get new members!
  • Options
    Prgynt wrote: »
    I now have 33 characters, 15 of which I care anything for. I just realized there is no one exciting left I can farm. Ayala and Fisto would be cool, but I can't farm them. If Grievous was good I'd try for him, but heard he's slow, which is a terrible sin. Just got Anakin right in time for a nerf. Now it's endless Sims for gear, though I can't upgrade most because the gear is unobtainable. I can keep getting characters to 7 stars, gave 3, the rest are 5 or 6, but will the game get much better when tbey're all maxed? I've only been playing a few months, but without fun goals it's just a time sink every day for a few more shards, a bit more gear. What does everyone else do to keep interested?

Im in the same position, but I do farm gear. It's a good time to farm gear not having to farm hard mode shards.
  • Thire
    111 posts Member
    Options
    They better buff GG, I'm working long and hard to get him so I can put him in my droids team. He's hard to get, 15 times harder to get than most characters, he should be worth it.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk would be another good one to add. Maybe I'll get Mace since he's the only one with a purple lightsaber. Grievous should take close to 2 months. I had Ahsoka sitting at 2 stars forever, they buffed her now I love her. They need to see the light on Grievous. Right now I'm doing great at GW, having no arena issues, firmly in a comfortable spot. Nothing needs doing. Maybe get all my jedi set for a yoda event.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Congrats on joining the "I have Anakin now he's trash club". Always exciting to get new members!

Woo, initiation time! Welcome! Sigh. We'll probably have better luck getting membership cards mailed to us than CG fixing him with any speed
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    3 words. Coruscant Underworld Police
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Prgynt wrote: »
    Bossk would be another good one to add. Maybe I'll get Mace since he's the only one with a purple lightsaber. Grievous should take close to 2 months. I had Ahsoka sitting at 2 stars forever, they buffed her now I love her. They need to see the light on Grievous. Right now I'm doing great at GW, having no arena issues, firmly in a comfortable spot. Nothing needs doing. Maybe get all my jedi set for a yoda event.

Haha I'm going for Grievous. He's gonna be alright one of these days. I'm in the same boat, after I got my Jedi I couldn't decide on who to go for next. I decided I'm going ewok, and my teddy bears will be awesome one day.
  • Options
    I'm going to a adopt a toon for charity. I saw someone already 7*d a Ugnaught and he kicked behind in the vid I watched. Not sure if he meant it as a joke at first or boredom, but he seriously kicked the droid teams tail.

Just acquired Hoth Rebel Scout, thinking of starring him up.

• Options

Dont get your hopes up. There will be a new shop (guild shop) in which you will be able to farm characters. I would be very surprised if they added any other characters in another shop.
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    Options
    @LastJedi I was considering him and faced a 7 star one on GW, he was too slow to be a threat in that battle what's your opinion on him ?
  • Options
    My goal is to get all of them eventually. I already have about 15 7* and about max lvl and gear - the unobtainable, and bc of credits and my good bench ive been stopping all my newest farms at 6*(lando,magma,chewie,greedo,nute etc.) and just bc i dont see a need for 7th* if i can't use them anywhere and also bc that last 100 shards gets me any toon at 4* and 20 shards. So i have a about 25 at 4-6* and will be much quicker to * if some1 gets viable.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean guard looks exciting. Taunt that also gives retribution. How cool is that!
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Options
    Three letters - CUP

Have a CUP of Coruscant coffee...

Even Padme approves!
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Faustino wrote: »

Spoken like a true Englishman. I'll meet you at the bar for a swift G&T.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    @LastJedi I was considering him and faced a 7 star one on GW, he was too slow to be a threat in that battle what's your opinion on him ?

He's a sleeper toon!

Not many people know his true potential. People assume he is awful. That he has no synergies. That he has low health, low speed, and low damage, and decent debuffs that don't stick because of his low potency.

But only those who have him can know this for sure. The rest just assume.

Sssshhh... CUP is sleeping.
  • Options
    Gotta catch 'em all bro =P

That's my main reason for playing, that and making cool squad synergies.

For example, this was semi-viable before the protection patch:

Boba (Lead)
    Phasma (for speed down and turn meter gain)
    Poggle (offense up and ability block)
    Fives (tank and slow enemies on basic attack)
    Tusken (tanky and assist attack)

I normally used that team to clear the really difficult GW nodes, except swap Tusken Raider for JK Anakin instead =)

Now that JK Anakin is weak as a kitten i use him as Team B fodder in GW.