How I deal with RG comps. Any and ALL.

Hopefully this inspires others to post their RG counter comps and show that he is not impossible. In fact this is just my main comp - I didn't specifically design it to BE a hard RG counter comp. The characters I use:

Rex Lead
OB1
5's
St Han
Leia

The Strategy:

What I typically do is use Rex's Turn Meter Tenacity ability first to speed Han and Ben up (and protect my team from stuns to keep them going). This is assuming nobody shuts Rex down first - rarely happens. With Ben's ability and Han's turn meter, the opposing team is pretty immobilized and ability blocked/offense downed which allows me to focus RG. Leia and Rex come handy here. I use Rex's special to eat a large chunk of Health and Protection, and Leia's basic to get him down (of course 5's and the remaining crew chip in). Then I typically use Rex's dispel again as the CD is relatively quick. Also keep in mind Rex's special really gets 5s excited.

When RG is down I typically focus who I consider to be the next biggest threat. After this person is down I'm able to repeat Ben's ability and essentially "rinse and repeat" the entire process outside Han's taunt. This has worked without fail, and on every comp I've faced (with or without RG really).

The real beauty of this comp, and also the main reason why I use it - it allows for a large margin of error (thanks to protection). It's FINE if Rex gets stunned first, I'll know how to handle it. It's FINE if anyone else gets CC'd outside of Rex, I'll know how to handle it. You get the idea.

Can this comp be beat? Sure. What comp can't. Kinda the point of this post.

I'm not saying you need these characters - as I'm certain there are other comps out there that can get through RG comps. But the beauty of this update is that it allows a lot of variety in team composition than previously noted in the past. They key in my comp was turn meter control and debuffs. It wasn't quick offense heavy, or based on dodge.

For those who want this comp but don't find temporary chromium exclusives appealing - consider the following characters:

Sub OB1 (recently added to Cantina mind you) for HK-47 - debuffs (no turn meter unfortunately).
Sub Rex for Yoda (for Tenacity up - to keep your team going).
Possibly sub Rey for Leia.

This comp may or may not work with the sub characters mentioned, but for those looking for their next investment - they are pretty solid characters to have anyway.

Hopefully this helps somebody - thanks!

P.S. Lets not turn this into a "Cool whale story bro" thread. I'm just not gonna respond.

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Cool whale story bro
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Nice setup.
    I run Asajj, Daka, QGJ, Rey, RG. Can also replace RG with STH. But I like the extra stun from RG

Keep high damage dealers stunned when the first one drops below and RG taunts, typically about the time the opponents have all them green boxes above their heads, use Asajj dispel and finish below character off. If dispel miss remove with QGJ. Rinse repeat. I always leave tank for last.
  • Options
    Nice strat scuba!