Counterattack Team

Prev1
Imagine a full counter team of aayla qui gon jinn dooku fives & kit fisto... I really wanted to build a team that countered on almost every single hit but Aayla jinn & kit are drawn by luck or anyone crazy enough to spend thousands & max them out, & dooku is annoying & takes way too much time to farm. Hopefully they start adding characters to the shipments so we have more access to team building.

Replies

• pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    They won't as long as people spend thousands of dollars to gain an advantage.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    They won't as long as people spend thousands of dollars to gain an advantage.

Agreed
  • Options
    Sorry this team already exists but doesn't do well in high end meta.
  • Options

Im sure it owns in cantina & galactic, 3 counterattackers & 2 Healers would be a beastly team preferably a 7 star Aayla because her health is nice 7 Star Kit & 7 star dooku with lumi & one other healer

• Options
    Full counter teams would be fun but only against AOE comps. I think you're in to something though with 2-3 counters, plus assist/bonus attacks.

Realistically you'd have to go 2 counters, possibly with a counter hero buff and then Lumi for heals (or Barriss if that's your flavor)

I want to try a hybrid counter/assist team with two counters, two assists, and probably Lumi this way I get counters against AOE with some bonus damage from assists.

• Options
    Jedi counter teams with Ima used to be beasts. Since anti-jedi buff thankfully they are rarely found (and maybe cause it takes some cash to max them:)
  • Options
    Jedi counter teams with Ima used to be beasts. Since anti-jedi buff thankfully they are rarely found (and maybe cause it takes some cash to max them:)

Even before the buffs to sith, counter attacking teams weren't hard to deal with, you just had to offense down them or defense up your team and avoid AOEs... They were only truly deadly and perhaps still deadly to droid aoe teams, aside HK the IG droids tend to have very low health
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Imagine a full counter team of aayla qui gon jinn dooku fives & kit fisto... I really wanted to build a team that countered on almost every single hit but Aayla jinn & kit are drawn by luck or anyone crazy enough to spend thousands & max them out, & dooku is annoying & takes way too much time to farm. Hopefully they start adding characters to the shipments so we have more access to team building.

I have all these expect Dooku. No, I didn't spend thousands of dollars the force was with me, lol.
  • Options
    Would they be good defending an arena? I can just image how often they could make the timer run out.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Options
    I think counter attack teams just eat away at your health I fought a CA team in GW & It killed acouole characters fairly easily.
  • Options
    At the moment im running Dooku, Sid, fives, Ren and geno soldier :smile: ranked 1 on my server 3 counter attackers.
  • Options

The guy on my server who was first to 60 spent a boatload on his Jedi counter team. When he saw he wasn't invincible, it looks like he quit.
  • Options
    TheVinegru wrote: »

The guy on my server who was first to 60 spent a boatload on his Jedi counter team. When he saw he wasn't invincible, it looks like he quit.

love it when pay to win guys get facerolled :D
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Options
    I tried this team yesterday for fun. It worked surprisingly well against the cookie cutter f2pish team(chewy,lumi,jc,dooku,sid) even though half of them are from my C-team and not geared or leveled. Note:kylo triggered a lot of counters/bonus attacks.

Captain Phasma 4*(leader)
    Kylo Ren 5*
    Dooku 4*
    FO stormtrooper 3*
    FO tie pilot 2*

It's not exactly a counter attack team but 3/5 can. I was testing to see if a FO team was legit.
  • Options
    I'm working with

Phasma(L)
    5's
    Douku(duh)
    Lumi
    Qui-gon

It's definitely fun, Qui-gon and 5's bonus attack skills are great for the extra damage and Lumi keeps most of them alive except Douku he's a light weight and target but when you use a bonus attack with 5's or Qui-gon that uses Douku and Phasma's ability triggers then Douku gets another attack and Phasma's triggers again it just feels so gooooood
  • Options
    I'm use a counter team in arena,
    ima gun di (L)
    Qui gon
    Aayla
    Dooku
    Either fives or lumi depending if I feel I need the heals, working quite well, Poe teams kill me if qui gon dies early, proberbly not very good on defence tho I do stay on top 50 on my shard
  • Options
    I tried this team yesterday for fun. It worked surprisingly well against the cookie cutter f2pish team(chewy,lumi,jc,dooku,sid) even though half of them are from my C-team and not geared or leveled. Note:kylo triggered a lot of counters/bonus attacks.

Kylo Ren 5*
    Dooku 4*
    FO stormtrooper 3*
    FO tie pilot 2*

It's not exactly a counter attack team but 3/5 can. I was testing to see if a FO team was legit.

You need FO officer for a legit team. Word on the street is he will be the next big thing.
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

Kylo Ren 5*
    Dooku 4*
    FO stormtrooper 3*
    FO tie pilot 2*

You need FO officer for a legit team. Word on the street is he will be the next big thing.

I agree
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    Been wanting to build this counter-bonus-assist-doubletap team forever. Now that kit is farmable, I may do it at some point. Other higher priorities out of cantina for me atm though. Not really in need of more jedi's. I'd swap out dooks for qui gon, however.
  • Options
    Misogi wrote: »
    Been wanting to build this counter-bonus-assist-doubletap team forever. Now that kit is farmable, I may do it at some point. Other higher priorities out of cantina for me atm though. Not really in need of more jedi's. I'd swap out dooks for qui gon, however.

Wouldn't IGD, fives, kit, sunfac, Ayala work best?
  • Options
    I ran: Dooku, FOST, Fives, Khylo + 1 toon that grants armour up and it doesn't do enough counter damage to suppress high damage AE. The biggest issue today of course would be Palpatine.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    A counter team is a good yin to the current yang of AoE teams. I ran into a team of IGD led Jedi the other day. It was very disheartening to see Lando hit by 5 Jedi at once after his attack. And he didn't do enough damage to survive the attack.

I really like the current situation in Arena. Several different teams, all with benefits and weaknesses. Some are easier to farm than others, but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    This is my goal, was sad to think I would have to QGJ out of my arena team, now I am working hard on IGD, but Dooku is almost to 7*, Aayla and 5s are almost to 6* and I was lucky enough to 7* Sun Fac out of packs,

Can't wait though for IGD, JKA is at 37/100 and QGJ is 7* should be an amazing team.
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I feel like I am getting more and more screwed in the arena because I can't draw speed from my mods. Out of 250+ mods, I have one speed secondary at 12, a couple 7's, and everything else lower. @IrwinTheGreat how mange mods did you need to get your STH up there?
  • Options
    Full counter team with qgj :D lmao .. Rly if u want a f2p counter team, u should go igd,fives,jka,aayla,and whatever jedi u want.. Or jka lead, fives,dooku,aayla, sun ****/biggs/ig100/ whatever
  • Options
    ArglosH wrote: »
    Full counter team with qgj :D lmao .. Rly if u want a f2p counter team, u should go igd,fives,jka,aayla,and whatever jedi u want.. Or jka lead, fives,dooku,aayla, sun ****/biggs/ig100/ whatever

Without qgj or another dispel goodluck getting stuck on sth feeding the opponent tm.
  • Options
    @Old_Scott I got lucky and managed to get 2 digit speed mods for each different slot type in under 6 days. I was doing 3 refreshes per day.
  • Options
    I agree with @Mullato, countering while St Han is taunting is suicide.
  • Misogi1981
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oh we have Gar now. OOOOOOHHHHH (Sarcasm). Empire Gun Di... Still not relevant outiside of GW. Also... If you're going to bother giving Gar a weak Zeta lead... you might as well throw one on Gun Di as well. At least mix it up with the Jedi.. Qui-Gon's is cool and everything, but some other available options beside's Yoda's lackluster Z-Lead wouldn't hurt. Doesn't seem fair.... -_-
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Necro'd... Again?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*