Ewok elder: sleeper hit?

I know noone likes ewoks, but i just noticed that hes the only healer with a guaranteed revive skill. So the elder has a heal skill with revive chance AND a skill with a guaranteed revive.

Think he can be awesome?

Replies

• Options
    I would say it is thanks to him I am able to do GW every day with just 1 squad. I would not put him in a pvp team that will have to defend though.
  • Options
    I use him in GW as well. He isn't bad for a ball of fur.
  • Options
    What I think would be much better would be if you could put dead heroes in your party. So it would be 4 heroes with green health then one hero with no health. Then, you can try to revive heroes by retreating and subbing in dead ones. This would make Galactic War much more interesting.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I think ai would work if you get the right team together.
    What AI does, is heal when they're below 40% they'll fire off heals until its above that. Thats why having 3 healers in defense is bad.
    Just have one good healer and you'll be golden because there will be no chance of missfiring.
    And when one of your crew dies, Ewok will revive the first one, which is typically a squishy one like dooku or IG88, and they'll be able to swing their hammer at least one more time before they die again,
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What I think would be much better would be if you could put dead heroes in your party. So it would be 4 heroes with green health then one hero with no health. Then, you can try to revive heroes by retreating and subbing in dead ones. This would make Galactic War much more interesting.

Edit: See my my post that is 2 posts below.
    Post edited by Heronmar on
  • Options
    He is only farmable 6 attempts a day, isn't he?
    That will hard to get him in my Squad and make him at least 4*.
  • Options
    ToBakai wrote: »
    He is only farmable 6 attempts a day, isn't he?
    That will hard to get him in my Squad and make him at least 4*.

3 actually. He only has 1 hard node.
  • Options
    Heronmar wrote: »

He can still revive the fallen hero AFAIK at least he used to, just leave a slot open. Will possibly test this today to see if it was changed.

Editing this, it seems that this is no longer true. Ewok Elder's rez nor Daka's rez will bring your dead GW allies once they are marked 'unselectable' (meaning they died and you had no way of reviving them)
  • Options
    Ranivoos wrote: »
    I know noone likes ewoks, but i just noticed that hes the only healer with a guaranteed revive skill. So the elder has a heal skill with revive chance AND a skill with a guaranteed revive.

Think he can be awesome?
    Also that heal which is a joke, removes debuffs.
  • Options

He can still revive the fallen hero AFAIK at least he used to, just leave a slot open. Will possibly test this today to see if it was changed.

Editing this, it seems that this is no longer true. Ewok Elder's rez nor Daka's rez will bring your dead GW allies once they are marked 'unselectable' (meaning they died and you had no way of reviving them)

The only way you can revive them is Id they're in their group while fighting without pulling out.
  • Options
    Playing against an ewok elder level 66 (in hard mode darkside 6b) and his heals can do 6000 points and revive the whole clan, i dont know if thats going to be the same with a human lvl 66 ewok elder. But that was a nice preview if thats a taste of things to come
  • Options
    I only just got mine to 3star but he is still completely worth having in the team, even so much lower then the others. Starring him with only 1 hard node does take ages though :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I love healers but this is one I will not get for a simple reason: I will not waste my time with characters where I have to spend 3 months and 3,000 energy to get them to 4*.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • genserik
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi. I run ewok elder in arena. I posted a screenshot of my normal arena team right now but I ran out of tries from the 6pm snipefest. The thing that ewok elder does the best is create a second kill on sight target for your enemy. If they kill my FOTP, well, he's coming back to life. With additional heals to follow with daka and luminara. He has about 3600 power at level 60 as a 4 *, heals for about the same as daka (slightly less because my daka is 5*). But, his heal can revive. His heal does remove debuffs....with some bugs that are being addressed by the developers apparently. One thing is that the healing immunity is not classified as a debuff in the game yet so it doesn't clear, secondly, it doesn't clear all debuffs, just one. On this same note, ewok elders heal will heal through a healing immunity debuff which makes up for the removal not working (kind of, but I usually use it as a debuff clear). His direct revive has an 8 turn cooldown. That's plenty imo considering how much energy my guys have when they revive. The AI usually bursts down the guy I revive, so it's nice to run a character like stormtrooper han alongside ewok elder, to taunt, then revive (if I'm that lucky). It's not perfect but ewok elder is literally on every arena comp I build. He's just too strong of a utility character to leave on the bench.

http://imgur.com/JjjSxvm