Farm Savage

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Qgj is a joke. I look for him in arena. The only ones I stay away from as much as possible are teams with 2 of these 4, savage, kylo, or phasma or dooku. Sid is good but he is too easy to kill.
  • Ccibball50
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I also stay away from heavy bot
    teams with poggle
    Post edited by Ccibball50 on
  • Options
    Everyone says they just leave Savage for last. What if you have a team like this?
    Old Ben (L) once he's fixed
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard
    Leia with her level 8 perma-stealth

Who do you attack first?
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Kiroz wrote: »
    When people say don't use him against QGJ they aren't really making a statement against just savage but against ANY character that can provide a buff. So because of QGJ we shouldn't be using Lumi's heal? Or Ren's retribution or even dooku as lead with his offense up? Any buff/support character provides QGJ a chance to steal.

The thing is, if someone sees an arena team with Savage they can use QGJ lead, hit Savage right away with humbling blow, and immediately give his entire team offense up right off the bat.

That's a pretty big head start for the QGJ team. One reason why you rarely see SO in the arena anymore. Too many people know about this exploit.
    Thats a good plan and I would do that but it doesn't work for me, if I do that and not totally save him for last I have to hit him right before Q then dispell and get my team offense up

• Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kiroz wrote: »
    When people say don't use him against QGJ they aren't really making a statement against just savage but against ANY character that can provide a buff. So because of QGJ we shouldn't be using Lumi's heal? Or Ren's retribution or even dooku as lead with his offense up? Any buff/support character provides QGJ a chance to steal.

Savage has an absolutely massive HP and Protection pool. Add his insane execute, chance at Offense down for 2 turns, Critical chance up for 3, and a chance at turn meter whenever he gets hit. Ignoring these just because QGJ can steal his buff is silly. Let's stop using Luminara at all. Or Dooku, Phasma, Geo, or any number of other Characters.

This is incorrect.

Savage gives whole team offense up to opponent on "First Turn" right out the gate. So if the opponent is running QGJ speed leader chances are Rey, QGJ, Yoda, GS will ALL go first with offense up in the next few turns.

No other buff does this, Savage is the only character I know of in the game that works like this. Very different from Lumi's heal later in the match.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Prana_lama wrote: »
    Everyone says they just leave Savage for last. What if you have a team like this?
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard

Who do you attack first?

Leia
    RG
    Fives
    SO
    Old Ben
  • Options
    Savage can have his basic attack moved up 30 percent with gold omegas(wow). I use asoka too. So I already have ten gold omegas. The first thing I do is move those basic attacks up when I hit 76
  • Options
    Because with phasma lead those assists are really going to hurt. Plus with the change to straight critical with advantage just wow.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    anyone wanting a tanky attacker should look at Fives first before considering Savage Opress.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard

Who do you attack first?

You deal with Leia and RG, stun lock fives, then press auto.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    I have him at 5 1/2 stars. I switched over to Eoth though. But, I might go back since Yoda is apparently useless now.

This. Our shiny new fun toy that created strategy and required sacrifice was murdered by order 66 from ea sports.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm like the only Person in the top 20 who uses Savage and I will keep it that way,

My Team now

Dooku
    Savage
    Phasma
    GS
    QGJ

My new Team when I get iG-86 Geard

Phasma
    Savage
    QGJ
    IG-86
    Gs

Going to do it my own style with no Dooku and no Taunt :D
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard

Who do you attack first?

How will you deal with Leia once she goes stealth and never comes out if you aren't going to change up your team to include AOE?
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard

Who do you attack first?

How will you deal with Leia once she goes stealth and never comes out if you aren't going to change up your team to include AOE?

I'll either stun her the first time or just finish RG's protection and then get her to half health, finish off RG, and then finish off her.
  • Prana_lama
    158 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BamBam wrote: »
    555's
    Savage opress
    Red Guard

Who do you attack first?

I'll either stun her the first time or just finish RG's protection and then get her to half health, finish off RG, and then finish off her.

Leia goes first with her speed unless you lead with QGJ. you cannot target her again once she goes stealth once she gets to level 8 ability.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Easy. After I throw my phone at the wall, I'll self declare myself the champ as I go buy a new phone.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    No, he's awesome.

You and I define awesome differently.
  • Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    I have him at 5 1/2 stars. I switched over to Eoth though. But, I might go back since Yoda is apparently useless now.

Not to argue, but I don't get the "Yoda is useless" argument. I find with longer matches, it means I get to use more of his (my team's) skills. I find having more creativity allows for a better use of him. I think it fits his character too.

As for Savage...like many others, I find QGJ and patience a good foil for him...so far, not much to worry about post-update even.
    I have no idea. I just heard he's not good anymore.
  • Options
    Chef5 wrote: »
    anyone wanting a tanky attacker should look at Fives first before considering Savage Opress. [/quote

Fives doesn't do near the damage savage does. His counter attacks are weak. I have been hit by qgj in a battle and still get the win all the time. Mt team consists of Phasma,Savage,Tano,Talia, and JC all level 74