72-ish hours since big update

And forum silence...

I'm indifferent about the new changes, but I had hoped someone would pop on here, rub my head and let me know everything is alright.

Like a, "Greetings Heros. I'm going to start a new post-update poll and see if you all still want to burn EA/CG to the ground. Or can we be friends again :)".

Replies

• Options
    /headrub follow by /facepalm from your smiling
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Dev's have been quiet today
  • Options
    Coding is tough
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Dev's have been quiet today

im a little surprised, i would have thought they would have at least mentioned something
  • Options
    Maybe in the future running a AMA through Reddit *shudders* and give a Q&A?
  • Options
    I'm sure they're not pleased with the response they received over the new prot update. Considering they probably put tons of work into it and it got crushed.

I think an open forum would help the negativity.
  • Miyugai
    87 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I guess they have other stuff to do other than posting here. May be they read some of the posts, but are working on the raids update so they dont have time to answer these things. Regarding communication, I think they have improved greatly in the last couple of months
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    What? They posted about an update on Saturday!! They have been communicating more than ever.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Definitely still here. :)

I sometimes wish there were a flag that would show up on a post when someone from the dev team reads a post. I think you guys would be (positively) surprised. Or maybe freaked out. :)

Jesse is working up some info on the upcoming Raids, but he's been extra-busy recently.

I'm going to be posting an updated announcement about how things are going and what the team is focusing on right now. Should be up in a bit in the Developer Updates section.

Thanks!
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would be willing to bet very large money that most of the people that ea angered with the update have bailed, especially the people who said they would. In fact, I would not be surprised if that in fact is at least partially why people think arena has gotten easier
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Hire me. I will take some of the workload ;) i know u guys have extra cash to spare :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Ziggy23 wrote: »
    And forum silence...

I'm indifferent about the new changes, but I had hoped someone would pop on here, rub my head and let me know everything is alright.

Like a, "Greetings Heros. I'm going to start a new post-update poll and see if you all still want to burn EA/CG to the ground. Or can we be friends again :)".

The Apple App Store language speaks best. Rated 3 stars in spite of inflow of new downloaded that rate 5 stars when the invited them early on. Game slipped from top 10 grossing to 20, and now to 28. EA understands that language best. Mods have managed to close, bump down or merge negative sentiment by at least John / EP thread is intact and pinned and you can get a sense of sentiment there - that is the only thread that I can sense is transparent and captures all angles.

GOH top grossing position is concerning as it evidences the sentiment with the Wallet Language, and this in spite of CG timing a very much anticipated bundle for the much prized Ewok, actually, 2 bundles.
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

It was 2.5 but the little clan of pro-update goofballs, which have been trying to shout down the majority on the forums, went and did a bunch of 5 star no review ratings to artificially inflate the overal version ranking of the app on app store.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    And forum silence...

The Apple App Store language speaks best. Rated 3 stars in spite of inflow of new downloaded that rate 5 stars when the invited them early on. Game slipped from top 10 grossing to 20, and now to 28. EA understands that language best. Mods have managed to close, bump down or merge negative sentiment by at least John / EP thread is intact and pinned and you can get a sense of sentiment there - that is the only thread that I can sense is transparent and captures all angles.

GOH top grossing position is concerning as it evidences the sentiment with the Wallet Language, and this in spite of CG timing a very much anticipated bundle for the much prized Ewok, actually, 2 bundles.

Don't care about the Apple, but the Android market still rates it at 4.6 stars with more than 10 million downloads.
  • Chapel
    34 posts Member
    Options
    I'm fine with the update, just Galatic Wars seems to take too long, but they just said they are addressing it. It was a little tough to deal with some of the nerfs, but it looks like balancing is better than before. They seem to be addressing and adding stuff every month so I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    Not much has really changed IMO, everything is just slower.
  • Arim74
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Well for me the fun is greatly gone since the update.
    More balanced some say? I think not. I think the toons underneath eachother were good balanced before the update, with the exception maybe of count Dooku.
    They have not been more balanced since. Dooku now in his counterattacks brings about even more damage, even when he is ten levels down to your toons, making it unwise to even attack him anymore.
    JC deals less damage then before and never heals for 40 procent (I'm talking about the healthbar and not the protection bar). When his health gets into the yellow and JC heals, it takes only one strike of the opponent to bring him back into yellow, so it's not even usefull anymore to heal. My sentinal droid, if in yellow, heals so less by JC that when he hits yellow it also isn't usefull anymore to heal. In addition JC attack as defense has become so less powerfull, it deals lesser damage and heals lesser to. The same goes for Talia's draining strike. She doesn't heal herself as much anymore, making it suicidal to heal your squad with her. In dark side battles you now really need Old Daka, wich is bad luck if you prior to the update have choosen to chase another characters shards.
    I harvest characters and went after shards and gear to star up and gear up some characters I now feel have been a complete waste of time, effort and even money. I would have never brought up AT knowing what would happen with this update. She has become rather useless in comparison prior to the update. She had become my favorite toon, because she was so usefull, but now she can go down the drain. Het protective manuever now is only usefull to deal damage or after your whole squad has lost protection and health. But then still it doesn't do the trick as it used to. I'm really annoyed. I would have brought up RG and Ewok Elder to gear 7 if I was to know this protection **** was to happen, instead of bringing other characters gear up. I now just go in a daily battle, then immidiatly retreat, and do this three times just to collect my daily award. The same with GW. I just go in once, retreat and call it a day. **** this protection bar ****. It annoys me so much that everytime I start playing a battle I soon think "why do I even bother anymore?". And then I quit.
  • Options
    And forum silence...

It's morr like 120 hours
  • Options
    It's a lil more Challenging but if it wasn't then folk would have a issue with that. It's all good adapt and overcome.
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just think it is funny to see 20+ posts about how bad the update and developers are (one extreme)

Then I see another 20+ posts thanking the CG/EA about the job well done on communication. (Another extreme). Where is the above camp in those update threads? Just an observation, no harm intended.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29991/more-updates-coming-megathread#latest

Maybe people are happy overall, why else are they still playing the game?
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Simda wrote: »
    I just think it is funny to see 20+ posts about how bad the update and developers are (one extreme)

Then I see another 20+ posts thanking the CG/EA about the job well done on communication. (Another extreme). Where is the above camp in those update threads? Just an observation, no harm intended.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29991/more-updates-coming-megathread#latest

Maybe people are happy overall, why else are they still playing the game?

people are different with different expectations and possibilities. I personally see that devs improved in communication a lot and listening to our complaints. They are trying to make this game more interesting and keep us busy with new stuff. I feel this game is going to the right direction and should last much more longer than expected.