What to do with Poe Dameron since last update

I was wondering if someone could point me to any useful Poe discussions since the last update. His expose doesn't seem to go off as much and I cannot tell if the turn meter was adjusted. I have mine halfway through to 7* and use him on the typical droid squad in GW. I see people dropping him for ST Han. I was hoping to use Poe for arena in the near future. Thoughts appreciated.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
Member of Team Instinct

Replies

• Options
    I've got a 7* Poe that I still use in arena, I appear to be one of the only ones on my server doing so. I just finished 3rd and am beating teams with 3-4K higher power. My team is Dooku, Phasma, Poe, Rey and Poggle, seems it work great! My Rey will be 7* tomorrow, can't wait!
    Also, I agree it doesn't seem his expose works quite as well, but the turn meter removal does a great job.
  • Options
    As a player who constantly faces top tier droid teams using Poe, I can assure you that he is good AF, and probably better than ST han in a droid team due to his speed been faster than Han's.
  • Options
    I find it very easy to figgt poe teams. I dont know how he works in offense, but I prefer to face a poe rather than a royal guard or a sth. He is not what he used to be.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is still really fast, and he actually has a pretty decent attack as well. I've never found his expose to work all that great though, which is a shame. I've been considering getting Poe to pair with my RP. But that's a ways off as I'm still farming QGJ in Arena
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a 6* poe half way to 7* and I'm often rank 1 on my server. My current main team is QGJ(L)/Yoda/Phasma/Poe/Poggle and I have almost no problems at all. When I see RG/Rey combo somewhere, I switch my Poggle for Rey(5* currently) for more burst damage. If some1 is wondering how I am managing QGJ buff removal, then its simple. I just use yoda BM first, I simply let some1 get dispelled and after that I taunt with Poe. After that I force enemy QGJ down as he is the top priority after Rey. I am working on my Han and RG and as long as they are not arena ready, I'am pleased with Poe, he gets the job done. He works well with phasma.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Faced him yesterday in GW ... his taunt exposed 3 of my 5 guys ... i assume, he works better on defense (with the not-existing-AI-advantage).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    VVS wrote: »
    I have a 6* poe half way to 7* and I'm often rank 1 on my server. My current main team is QGJ(L)/Yoda/Phasma/Poe/Poggle and I have almost no problems at all. When I see RG/Rey combo somewhere, I switch my Poggle for Rey(5* currently) for more burst damage. If some1 is wondering how I am managing QGJ buff removal, then its simple. I just use yoda BM first, I simply let some1 get dispelled and after that I taunt with Poe. After that I force enemy QGJ down as he is the top priority after Rey. I am working on my Han and RG and as long as they are not arena ready, I'am pleased with Poe, he gets the job done. He works well with phasma.

Sounds nice mate, but how do you manage to survive when after first enemy QGJ dispell you - all the enemies will get offence up and still they havent done their turn ? Especially ray /who i doubt you can manage to kill before he makes at least 1 turn ... with offence up ? The only unit you have after Yoda to atack ray before he moves is Qui+assist and even Ray assisting will probably leave enemy Rey at red and then his RG taunts..
    Your Pow don`t dies until the end of first turn fromm all other enemyes being taunted with their offence up ?

• Options
    I was beat by Poe in arena. Dooku,QGJ,REY,GS,Poe

I failed to kill him in time and then he dodged a bunch meanwhile rey/gs/qgj taking out my tunes
  • Options
    when I face him I have had 4 characters exposed by him often, minimum 2. so in my book he seems to be working well, esp with his high speed
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Apostilo wrote: »

Sounds nice mate, but how do you manage to survive when after first enemy QGJ dispell you - all the enemies will get offence up and still they havent done their turn ? Especially ray /who i doubt you can manage to kill before he makes at least 1 turn ... with offence up ? The only unit you have after Yoda to atack ray before he moves is Qui+assist and even Ray assisting will probably leave enemy Rey at red and then his RG taunts..
    Your Pow don`t dies until the end of first turn fromm all other enemyes being taunted with their offence up ?
    Well yes it depends on the enemy team but I am not too concerned if the enemy gets their offence up. Thats because of phasma. I get extra turn and I taunt with Poe on his second turn.
  • Options
    Apostilo wrote: »

Well yes it depends on the enemy team but I am not too concerned if the enemy gets their offence up. Thats because of phasma. I get extra turn and I taunt with Poe on his second turn.

Looks like nice tactic mate, thank you
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    I find ST Han to be more effectice in longer fights.
    I run a droid team btw.
  • Options
    Poe doesn't have enough survivability to be a great tank.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I run Poe(L),Han,Rey,daka,Phasma and havent dropped out of top 10 since the update.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    I run Poe(L),Han,Rey,daka,Phasma and havent dropped out of top 10 since the update.

It's worth running poe in lead even though he's the only resistance character in your lineup? Does the offense boost him help hit harder?

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the same Boat, maxed Poe level 75. I eventually stopped using him in favor of Han or RG. At least on offense in this evasion leader meta, he seemed to be counter productive as his taunt seems to give offense to the entire team instead of expose. Hopefully he will see his day in the light again someday.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    I was beat by Poe in arena. Dooku,QGJ,REY,GS,Poe

I failed to kill him in time and then he dodged a bunch meanwhile rey/gs/qgj taking out my tunes

Was it me? That is the team I use. I get #1 a lot. I drop to about 20 each day.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    MufasaBigD wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »

It's worth running poe in lead even though he's the only resistance character in your lineup? Does the offense boost him help hit harder?

It's not but Rey is resistance as well.
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I run the classic droid team of HK, the IGs, Poggle, and Poe, and I finish first almost everyday. Poe is still great for droids because he effectively brings their first turn speed to 142. I will be experimenting soon with my defensive setup but on offense Poe is still a viable option for droids.