[Suggestion] How To Quickly to Fix Old Ben

bboi
47 posts Member
edited April 2016
Old ben is a "tank" but design wise players are actually encouraged not to attack him for so many reasons but to name a few:
1) "if you strike me down" - probably the one of the most well known unique that punishes you killing him
2) Low attack damage - His basic almost literally doesnt do any damage so it almost doesnt matter if you leave him on the field.
3) High eHP (effective hp) - 45k hp at 80 max gear. Now that fights last longer he might be able to get "mind tricks" off twice but I think id rather deal with the debuffs than trying to burn him down only to have "if you strike me down" to proc.
4) Evasion up - Now with points 1-3, why would even anyone want to attempt to hit him if he has evasion up from his basic.

My suggestion is to make Old Ben mitigate 10% damage done to any other ally and have the percent health that the 10% would have done to ally be applied to him. As an example, if Rey was supposed to hit my ally that has 15,000hp for 10,000 damage, my ally would suffer 9,000 damage instead and old ben would loose 5% health (1,000 damage mitgated/15,000hp=5%). The percent of damage he mitigates can be adjusted but the point of this tweak would be to make players strategically decide if they should actually focus old ben before another "mind trick" goes out and suffer the consequences of "if you strike me down" or eventually suffer both if left alone and he dies from mitigated damage alone.

Lore wise, this tweak would seem to fit as a star wars fan whose knowledge is strictly based off what I've seen from the movies since he kept taking blows away from han, luke, leia and the gang (saving luke from tuskins, luke in cantina, volunteering for the tractor beam) until he ultimately gave up his life to vader to allow the gang to escape from the death star.

Edit: I know the title is crap. Brain farted. =/

Replies