Fives is Overpowered

Prev13
I've been quiet since the patch because I understand the need for bugs to be found, changes to be made, and things will need to be addressed but I witnessed something today that is just downright wrong... and it hasn't happened only "once" and others in my guild are seeing the same thing. So anyone reading this save your RNG garbage.

In Arena I watched my 8+ gear, 7*, Dooku led, FULL LIFE (4 chars left, Dooku, GS, Lumi, and Yoda) get obliterated by 5s all by himself. Not only did he do that but he was still in the green before the end. This is clearly a huge imbalance that needs to be set right. He got so many bonus attacks it was completely unfair.

If you're going to make him counter and bonus that much then remove the 50% damage increase from his 85% counter chance otherwise it's never going to balance. Rex was leading in the opposing party but I don't see anything in his leader that warrants extra attacks.
- HumbleSage
"To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."

Replies

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    He hasn't been a problem for me. He's actually pretty **** easy to take out if you save him for last.
  • Options
    Lvl 76 he has bonus attack if you get a speed debuff
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Its Fives basic attack at level 8.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    He is currently bugged.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen people reporting that his basic ability 8 is bugged, so instead of only double shooting people with speed down, he does it all the time, and remember that counter attacks uses the basic attack
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    He gets destroyed by stunners.

Also, the bonus attacks are only against targets with speed down. There are a lot of ways to prevent that as well.
  • Options
    I usually just save him for last. And it's not a problem.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    FYI, Savage is a good counter for him. Yesterday I had my maxed out Savage at full health and an almost dead GS against full protection level 78 Fives (with level 8 basic) and stealthed Leia (Protection was gone but she had full health). Savage was the last one standing.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't rex lead give TM on recieving crits...? This doesn't warrent extra turns?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    He is currently bugged.

This claim of bugged is based on the interpretation of when the second attack should do its check. If, like me, you believe this check should occur after the completion of the first attack, then it is clearly NOT bugged.
    If you believe that the second attack check should occur prior to the completion of the first attack, then it clearly IS bugged.
    I base my opinion on the precedent set by FOTP with secondary attack triggers based off of increased proc rates due to a buff (or debuff) check after the primary attack.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    He is currently bugged.

His ability reads, "Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. Attack again if enemy is inflicted with Speed Down."

Sounds to me like it's working as intended, as his first attacks inflicts speed down. Note that Fives is terribly slow and does bonus damage on counters. Avoid AOE and you can save him for lady with no problems. Stun him and he's a sitting duck since he can't counter and will take forever to break stun.
  • Options
    I think Fives will get tweaked, but he's not OP.

With the set the original poster had, he should have stunned with Dooku, ability blocked with Lumi, used meditation to resist speed down with Yoda, and once he's in yellow, stun with yoda as well.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    He is currently bugged.

His ability reads, "Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. Attack again if enemy is inflicted with Speed Down."

I used to be aligned with @cosmicturtle333 on this one. I even replied on another's post he was bugged. But after re-reading the description yes, he is NOT bugged. "Attack again if enemy is inflicted with speed down." IOW if 5's hits you and lands a speed down, yes, he gets a "bonus" attack.
    5's doesn't always get his speed down to stick: high tenacity toons or tenacity up from Rex or Yoda will prevent the infliction of speed down, thus no second attack. But if 5's hits you and he inflicts speed down, which again isn't 100%, yes he will attack again
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love my fives, but agree that he is OP. same is true for Kylo and his counters. these toons have way too much HP.

problem is ppl only look at basic damage and say they do no damage. they don't consider additional damage from specials, speed downs, cooldown resets and counters which increases their average dps more than you would think at face value. now with huge HP it is glaring as fights are much longer

ie try a one on one with Kylo or Fives vs QGJ or Rey. Kylo/Fives will come up on top 100% of the time with green HP! sure you can kill them if you spam stun them but that is true for any character in game,
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people so quick to label something OP?

Seems silly.
  • Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    He hasn't been a problem for me. He's actually pretty **** easy to take out if you save him for last.

Did that.
    He is currently bugged.

Possibly.. The jury is still out on that one.
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Doesn't rex lead give TM on recieving crits...? This doesn't warrent extra turns?

Yes, but I kept seeing "Bonus Attack" light up. That shouldn't go on their own turn.
    Aero wrote: »
    He is currently bugged.

Sounds to me like it's working as intended, as his first attacks inflicts speed down. Note that Fives is terribly slow and does bonus damage on counters. Avoid AOE and you can save him for lady with no problems. Stun him and he's a sitting duck since he can't counter and will take forever to break stun.

I already took advantage of that when Dooku stuned him in and out of turn. Which I actually already had in this battle. He's just over attacking. As for the speed down, I didn't have any of that effect on me because I had Yoda's Tenacity up during the attack. Which is also a problem.. I won't digress in the absolute horrible decisions EA/CG made to nerf the BEST SW character in history.. or whine in agreement about the fact that players struggled and spent obscene amounts of money to have him 7* only to get a dud at the end. Ooops looks like I did anyhow. :neutral:

- HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Options
    @aero is right
    just stun him. if you don't have a toon that does stun, get one. it is one of if not the most powerful effects in the game.
    he can't counter if he's stunned.

Not OP, just a unique character.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I still see a lot of Yoda play in the top 5 of arena. He didn't go from great to awful, he went from great to good, and isn't that actually the point of balancing? To bring all characters from both ends of the spectrum to as close to "good" as possible?

Anyways back on topic, why don;t you think bonus attack should be lighting up? The skill specifically gives Fives a bonus attack.
  • Options
    Dont see him that much anymore but anyone who counters 24/7 is a bioch
  • Options
    I've seen Fives counter attack the wrong person a lot.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ct 5s in the right team is devastating! He wins 3v1 while smiling. Not sure he is OP yet...because he has counters like stunners.
  • Options
    What was 5s gear level? Character level? What leadership skill was he under?

You didn't provide enough information to make a strong argument imo. 3 out of 4 characters you have can be consider squishy characters and they simply don't do enough damage. 5s doesn't do that well against beefier characters so you should consider adding those to your team.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I know who I am working on from Catina shipments from now until 7 stars. He is a real pita in GW, I heal up and attack him, avoid him when low on health. Haven't faced him much in arena, not really meta atm.
  • Options
    1. You leave him till last.
    2. Stun him
    3. Go to town.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    I know who I am working on from Catina shipments from now until 7 stars. He is a real pita in GW, I heal up and attack him, avoid him when low on health. Haven't faced him much in arena, not really meta atm.

Just wait until everyone maxes his basic. The resident level 78 team on my shard uses him in every team. He is always the last one standing and does really good counter damage x2 with slow. That is why Savage and Stuns are his counter. Savage can put offence down on him making his attacks hit very low but still often. Savage gains turn meter when he gets hit (and offense/defense up).
  • Options
    I just lost 4 vs 1 against fives lol. Used a droid team. That double tap wrecked me
  • Options
    Looks like it time to bring my fives back out. Tears are the universal signal.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    If you aren't level 76 you can wait until then. After that, yes, bring out 5s! I am going to go Dooku, Savage, 5's GS and RG when I hit 76. That should be fun.
  • Options
    If I still have RG up by the time I get to fives it's usually a cakewalk due to stuns.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    You're using dooku complaint invalid.