Overpowered

Even after dealing with the massive amount of nerfs from the latest patch and all the critics whining about it, yet we still complain. I just don't get it at all.. Just because you lose from a character doesn't make it OP. Lately all I'm seeing is: oh this character did this, this character did that.. Most of the time it's exegerated too.

Does everyone want every character hitting like Barris? I just don't get it. Figure out a strategy instead of just complaining....
Unless everyone wants more nerfs, forums to blow up with hate and so many people "claiming they're quitting".

I know my opinion doesn't really matter. Just throwing it out there, have a good day all!! :)

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Your avatar is taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.
  • Options
    I love it.
  • Options
    1zz19f.gif

Nerf them Mommy. I can't win.
  • Options
    Pretty much lol.
  • Options
    You never know, sometimes the wet noodle bariss uses can crit for 2k
  • Options
    Agreed. I have been competitively competing for number 1 spot on my shard for at least 1 or 2 months (been playing since early december) without ever farming the meta toons (i dont have poe, gs, qgj, rey, sidious, rg, dooku or droids). You just have to figure out a strategy. It is not always easy, but it is certainly possible.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If Barriss hits you for 1200, but also heals your team for 1200 each, that is actually a 7600 point health swing.
  • Options
    My Barris crits for 2.5k.
    #Likeaboss
  • Options
    I've noticed that people who call for nerfs don't usually have the character in question.

Hmmm...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Magisto wrote: »
    I've noticed that people who call for nerfs don't usually have the character in question.

Hmmm...

...and haven't taken a few tries at trying to figure out how to beat the character in question. Honestly, the forums would be a much happier place if someone simply posted "Hey, I am having some trouble when I face hero Blankity Blank in arena. Would any of you fine friendly people have any helpful tips?"

Instead it's "****?!?!? Blankity Blank is SOOOOOOOO OP. You idiotz better nerf him or i'll quite...and post bad stuf on googleplay and the Applestore!!!!"

And the then hilarity ensues.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hmmm...

...and haven't taken a few tries at trying to figure out how to beat the character in question. Honestly, the forums would be a much happier place if someone simply posted "Hey, I am having some trouble when I face hero Blankity Blank in arena. Would any of you fine friendly people have any helpful tips?"

Instead it's "****?!?!? Blankity Blank is SOOOOOOOO OP. You idiotz better nerf him or i'll quite...and post bad stuf on googleplay and the Applestore!!!!"

Haha completely agree!

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm having a hell of a time against a certain team in arena, but I'd rather figure out how to beat it than sit on the forums screaming.

It's a strategy game, you are supposed to come up with new strategies to clear problem areas. Sometimes characters do need nerfs, but your first instinct the day you run into a patch of trouble in a strategy game should NOT be to throw a hissy fit asking for nerfs so you don't have to think.

edit: censor please...
  • Options
    Miyugai wrote: »
    Agreed. I have been competitively competing for number 1 spot on my shard for at least 1 or 2 months (been playing since early december) without ever farming the meta toons (i dont have poe, gs, qgj, rey, sidious, rg, dooku or droids). You just have to figure out a strategy. It is not always easy, but it is certainly possible.

Who's your arena team?
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I'm having a hell of a time against a certain team in arena, but I'd rather figure out how to beat it than sit on the forums screaming.

It's a strategy game, you are supposed to come up with new strategies to clear problem areas. Sometimes characters do need nerfs, but your first instinct the day you run into a patch of trouble in a strategy game should NOT be to throw a hissy fit asking for nerfs so you don't have to think.

Nerfs are really unnecessary. If characters are changed in any way, it should be a buff only.
  • Options
    Yea thats the one thing I don't think I've ever done or will ever do is ask for a nerf. Undo a nerf absolutely. The only time I've come close to asking for a nerf was when I was told by cs that the yoda event had an issue with its level 5 difficulty and I put it in bugs and issues like they told me to

Btw..... Wait for it....

Nerf jar jar and ughnaut.... Way op
  • Options
    Yea thats the one thing I don't think I've ever done or will ever do is ask for a nerf. Undo a nerf absolutely. The only time I've come close to asking for a nerf was when I was told by cs that the yoda event had an issue with its level 5 difficulty and I put it in bugs and issues like they told me to

Btw..... Wait for it....

Nerf jar jar and ughnaut.... Way op

You forgot CUP. Ever since I unlocked him from a chromium Ive seen two 7 stars in arena and he completely demolished me, if that means he died before he went lol
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Nerfs are really unnecessary. If characters are changed in any way, it should be a buff only.

Sometimes there is an unintended interaction that basically breaks the game and requires nerfs. I'd say usually buffing underpowered characters is the best approach but occasionally you just don't see something coming when you are designing a game.

Like Nute lead Lando chain AOE instawins on offense before the nerf.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Sometimes there is an unintended interaction that basically breaks the game and requires nerfs. I'd say usually buffing underpowered characters is the best approach but occasionally you just don't see something coming when you are designing a game.

So, someone takes the time(and money in some cases) and finds a great combination. The answer is to nerf it?
  • Options
    DevilApes wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Hmmm...

Haha completely agree!

99 percent of the post are from clueless individuals who cry because they have no tactics or skill, but I still look at the forums for the 1percent gem, thank you 1%ers
  • Options
    Who's your arena team?[/quote]

I have been running barris (L), 5s, poggle, kylo and savage for at least a month. So yeah, I used tanks before they were cool :) There were some pretty tough to beat teams and sometimes I had to make changes for specific counters, but it generally worked pretty good.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

So, someone takes the time(and money in some cases) and finds a great combination. The answer is to nerf it?

Sometimes? Yes. This is my first mobile game but I've played a lot of competitive online PC games. In online games sometimes you honestly do have to nerf things. It's not the preferred solution, but on occasion it is necessary. There's really no getting around it, even Star Craft, generally considered to be one of the absolute best balanced asymmetrical competitive games, has unit changes that include nerfs on occasion.
  • Options
    We'll agree to disagree.