A petty little problem that is only frustrating because it continues...

I've been struggling to beat DS 5E - I mean, _really struggling_. Ahsoka Tano is just nasty in the boss-fight.

Just now, I finally got through it, with the help of a Dooku ally that's more than 10 levels above any of my toons, and probably at least gear level 8 when my toons are 4 = g7 & 1=g6. I'm level 59, but I don't have enough droids and so my toons are all level 56 or less.

I was so psyched when I realized that I was going to "win" - in this case, with only one of my toons left standing, a NightSister Initiate in the yellow, but my Dooku-ally still at 3/4 Health. We were facing only a 30% health or so JKG and a 1/2 health + a tiny bit Jedi Consular. If we had all been more equal in levels, I might still have been worried, but I knew Dooku would thrash them.

My NI got slammed with two critical in a row and died before Dooku could clean up. Arrrggghhh. It always feels almost like cheating when only your ally is alive at the end of the boss-fight.

But still, it counts, right?

It does count, right?

Well... no.

I got the victory screen, sure. But immediately after that I got a screen forcing client restart.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. THIS IS A SIMPLE MATTER OF ORDERING YOUR FUNCTION CALLS. THIS IS THE 3RD HARD WIN I'VE HAD NEGATED IN THE PAST WEEK.

I know for sure that I'll bet the darn thing again. It's close enough that even in 4-6 hours when my Dooku-ally is available again, I might not win. But give me 3 or 4 days, probably not even that, and I'll be fine.

Nonetheless, your forced client restart is not recording our hard-won victories. I've lost an Arena battle that would have carried me over into a new prize tier at about 5:40 pm. I've lost this Hard Mode battle that I only won on my 4th attempt - and now I've lost the 16 energy that I spent trying PLUS however much energy in the future I spend on attempts that are just one or two RNGs away from victory (I already had one of those on my 3rd attempt - the first 2 weren't even close). I lost another desperately difficult Hard Mode victory on DS 5A.

I get that we have to restart the client - can you please get that we actually think and strategize, we hope and plan, we put effort into getting some of these victories. Most come easy, sure, but some are the result of real effort and there's nothing stopping you from recording the results of a victory before you force a restart.

RECORD THE RESULTS OF THE VICTORIES BEFORE RESTART - PLEASE.

It's so little effort on your part, and while what it's cost me is relatively trivial, spread over millions of gamers, you're causing a lot of frustration. You've known about this bug for MONTHS NOW. There really is no obvious excuse for not fixing it before the next forced-restart client update (or in the next forced-restart client update, if it's a client-issue that can't be fixed without restarting).

At the very least, if it's more complicated than just reordering a function call, post a response here so that we know that you've actually thought about the problem and the frustration it causes.

This isn't a complicated rebalance. This is simply recording a victory before you move on to the update. Please. For Freud's Sake. Have mercy on your players.

Replies

• Options
    So...

Right after this I read about the Guild Update coming on Sunday.

It mentions that it's an optional update on Sunday, but mandatory as of Monday.

NOW YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE.

I didn't even think of this, but if there's some reason that you really, really can't re-order the function call to record victories before forcing an update, you can make all updates optional for a day or two, with a message in your inbox telling you to upgrade before a certain day & time if you don't want to be subject to forced updates.

You do it that way, I never get a forced update, I never have the problem. You can even leave your bug alone, if there's some reason it's been languishing unfixed for months.

Notification goes out at noon, get the rest of that day, all the next to update manually, then 36 hours later any moment might be the moment you get force-restarted. What's hard about that?