Best Character Upgrade: LEVEL vs STARS

Dear All,

Should I upgrade first my character to 7 stars and then rise the level? or the other way around.

I have been many time with this question on my mind. I have looked in some sources to find advise and guide, but none luck.

I saw comparatives about gears vs level or stars... but I did not see what is the best way to get better ranking going up first with stars or level.

I always thought that it is better to increase stars, till 7* and then go up to the top with the level of the character. I belived this is the logical way to get better ranking, due to the star level, increases the percentage for ratio of level upgrade quotients. Then if I get this quotient to the top from level ‘0’ then I can assure that for each level increasing I get the maximum of level skills multiplier. I tried with some characters, but the result is not relevant. I don’t see a big advantage. Why? I don’t know. The logical way to think is what I just shared. Also, I would say, that proceeding with this, it makes that the character don’t get much health amount, appearantly.

Does some body tested this and know exactly how it works? What do you suggest? increase level first? or stars?

Thank you so much for you kind coop. with my best regards and thanks in advance for your time.

Replies

• Johnnyudes
    288 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Gear > Level > Star

A good toon can be arena viable even at 4 stars if he is properly leveled and geared. This is the case for me and my Royal Guard at the moment. It was the case for my QGJ before and then my Count Dooku. Gear is always what define the strength of your toons. You should thus upgrade gear and level first.

Moreover, you will not lose potential stat if you gain a level before upgrading the stars of your characters. When to star them up, they gain their stats retroactively.
  • Options
    At the end, when you have a character at 7 stars and level 80, it will be the same power/strength whether you starred it first or leveled it first. Was that the question?
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It ends up the same no matter what you choose to do. The stats are retroactive. If you level up a 6* hero and use them, then later upgrade them to 7*, you get the additional stat modifier which improves your stats based on being that level. If you decide to star them up to 7* and then level, you just get all the stats at once based on the level you decide to make the hero.

Make sense? Basically, no mater which one you choose to do first, or how you/when you do it, all heroes have the exact same stats that they would at max gear/level/stars. Example: if you level Anakin to 60 at 6*, you will get the 6* modifiers to increase his stats to the level 60 version. You then 7* promote him. You will get the additional 7* stat modifiers and the appropriate stats for a 7* lvl 60 Anakin. Your level 60 7* Anakin will be exactly the same as mine, no matter what you choose to do first, stars or level.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    The order doesn't matter. Usually when you star up a character their total power raises by about 400, and when you level up a character their power rises by about 50 maybe.
  • Options
    QUIASAC wrote: »
    Dear All,

Should I upgrade first my character to 7 stars and then rise the level? or the other way around.

I have been many time with this question on my mind. I have looked in some sources to find advise and guide, but none luck.

I saw comparatives about gears vs level or stars... but I did not see what is the best way to get better ranking going up first with stars or level.

I always thought that it is better to increase stars, till 7* and then go up to the top with the level of the character. I belived this is the logical way to get better ranking, due to the star level, increases the percentage for ratio of level upgrade quotients. Then if I get this quotient to the top from level ‘0’ then I can assure that for each level increasing I get the maximum of level skills multiplier. I tried with some characters, but the result is not relevant. I don’t see a big advantage. Why? I don’t know. The logical way to think is what I just shared. Also, I would say, that proceeding with this, it makes that the character don’t get much health amount, appearantly.

Does some body tested this and know exactly how it works? What do you suggest? increase level first? or stars?

Thank you so much for you kind coop. with my best regards and thanks in advance for your time.

Don't bother with any character until they are done cleaning up their mess. For all we know, they could nerf everyone to prevent you from progressing. Presto! No development of futre levels needed. Hang in there and ask when they're done changing the rules.