Gs soldier

Xaylin
68 posts Member
I finally decided to take a break from other cantina farms and get the last 30ish gs soldeir shards I needed for 7*. He used to drop at a very high rate, around half the time. I think the actual drop rate was confirmed at 42% on average by a very large study by a player on reddit. I actually farmed him to 6.5 stars very easily. This drop rate has changed dramatically. I get that there are cold streaks, this isnt one. In a week of 2 refreshes per day I have gotten 4 shards total. Was this done on purpose to make GS soldier harder to farm?

Replies

• ATSpain
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Probably since he's more overpowered than star killer base with no refresh rate riding into battle with the deathstar on its back!
  • Options
    I think the overall drop rate on cantina shards had been stealth nerfed awhile back. My kylo ren seemed to fly by so quick compared to Dooku, GS and Old Ben..
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    If any character needs a nerf its GS - he is too OP
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    If any character needs a nerf its GS - he is too OP

I think he has already been nerfed.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    He has been already nerfed and even before, only new people were calling for GS nerfs. More specific, those that didn't know how to deal with him. Always thought that is gone now, you don't even have to know how to deal with him anymore. Heh...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Just rng. Sometimes I go 6 out of 8. Sometimes 1 out of 10. But thanks for sharing! It can be frustrating, for sure.
  • Xaylin
    68 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Just rng. Sometimes I go 6 out of 8. Sometimes 1 out of 10. But thanks for sharing! It can be frustrating, for sure.

I would believe it if I was 1 on 10, that happens all the time. I was 3 for 105 give or take a few. The day after I posted this and up until I finished him yesterday his drop rate was again very close to the 42% that has been widely tested. That is unrealistic to just be RNG, it's almost impossible probability wise. I believe cantina shards suffer from the same terrible code that they are currently trying to fix for purple drops.
    Post edited by Xaylin on
  • baevar
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    He has been already nerfed and even before, only new people were calling for GS nerfs. More specific, those that didn't know how to deal with him. Always thought that is gone now, you don't even have to know how to deal with him anymore. Heh...

He was way too strong before, nothing to do with being "new." He was the #1 ranked toon for pvp on swgohcantina for the last few months, tied with Rey. The assist mechanic alone has been OP since I started playing this game in relation to other heroes' kits, hence the prevalence of GS, QGJ and IG-86. And how you "deal with him" was to stun him or burst him fast, purge his offense+ etc. but what do you do when the team is stacked with must kill first heroes? He has killed my fully geared Han Tank on his first turn before lol..trust me, he was WAY overpowered.