Galactic War opponent matching (?)

Does anyone know how exactly the opponents in each node are matched to the player when we enter GW? Is each team selected when the individual node becomes active, or are all the teams for every node selected at once when we refresh GW for a new day of battle?

I want to use a strategy of delaying the promotion and leveling of my teams until after entering GW.
If I enter GW at a lower player level and with pending toon promotions, I'm thinking the system will assign opponents based on my team power at that time. Then I can level up and promote any stars or gear to make my team stronger than the system had anticipated. But I don't know if I should do that right at the beginning of GW or wait until I encounter the first difficult node. If each team is selected when the node is active, then I should wait until I reach the difficult nodes.

Replies

• Options
    It is entirely based on arena. The highest power level you've had in arena is what is based on.
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Kingken85 wrote: »
    It is entirely based on arena. The highest power level you've had in arena is what is based on.

Yeah, so if I last played Arena the day before, and the next day my player level goes up and I promote someone, does my Arena team power remain unchanged until I re-enter Arena?

So basically, as long as I don't play Arena after leveling or promoting anyone, my team power for GW will remain at the amount before promoting them.
  • Options
    That I'm not sure.
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Options
    Kingken85 wrote: »

They've made several adjustments since the original update when they made that statement.

No one really knows anymore.