Current Cantina drop rate?

Prev13
Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited December 2015
How many shards are dropped for you on next 10 refreshes? Count them up. Looking into Dec 26+ rates! My last rate was 1 shard for 10 SIMs. What is yours?

Current Cantina drop rate? 210 votes

1 shard per 10 SIMs
10%
Preemo_MaginKang0306AbyssErdathdogwelder79SlythRinnInjectorXKyl00renebm2010MasterTamiasMacjackylCorndog131alukolliPrscustomMalaKJPTheShadow1983HaloWars29SolomanDrusLee 23 votes
2 shards per 10 SIMs
22%
Powerlifter450Stekcir_LeinadMackemSLAMTop_QuarkBUGABOOccfoocosmicturtle333BlamKalehrDarkcloudReven96azraelBloodydmgPoerlijeremyj26OtarreizsejrainssBongoOG_Tree 48 votes
3 shards per 10 SIMs
37%
TSiTaSGalvineKaatVernalSenpaiBishopilyanorSquareDarknessisendel11Quincy_Tihlus32CUFCfan616SlyGambitO8c8h80bleeaauuhUlcuscassaniIM_UR_UPGRADEd3gaussVeddSpectre 78 votes
4 shards per 10 SIMs
20%
Inhumanesnow6RolfWhipiTDaishiDeathShadowEnigmaticienJ7000Darth_AllycodeHavokTriggerJabberwockyIricsToolioioniancat21darksideDrazikileDrakejrdavis557DestarkWugaziStirringOwl 42 votes
5 shards per 10 SIMs
6%
Mephisto_styleThe_Oklahoma_KidPilotThrixelRogerfanNonemoThomasLyleDarioRaenassenselessMabeoleJaden_ZenThalosKiranoBrock_Leeson 14 votes
6+ shards per 10 SIMs
2%
FLIK87SparsileIG69PyroRenMithrandir 5 votes

Replies

• Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    While I do get those 1 shard for a refresh every now and then it's rare. Usually more times than not its 4 or more.
  • Options
    I tend to average 2 or 3. On rare occasions I get 4
  • Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    20 goes i get about 8-10 if im lucky
  • Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    I did a full refresh yesterday on top of the 80 energy I had saved up. At 10 energy a sim for Kylo, I got 3 shards out of 20 tries. Some days I have it slightly better, but on average I think it's about 2/10.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    1/5 for me. this includes 1 refill a day and sometimes another refill if i'm close to 400 tokens for shipments
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    I'm 4 away from activating Luke and have not been able to get a single drop over the last day I'd say. Hoping the tide shifts in my favor!
  • Options
    Yesterday I got 3 Kylo shards out of 300 energy. Not cool lol. Today, I'm feeling much better because out of my usual 300 energy I had a shard drop every attempt except 3.
  • Options
    3 shards per 10 SIMs
    Just got Kylo today from the cantina... The drops are reasonable I feel. If they were much better then everyone would have these characters.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    Yesterday I got 3 Kylo shards out of 300 energy. Not cool lol. Today, I'm feeling much better because out of my usual 300 energy I had a shard drop every attempt except 3.

**** 27/30 tries today? go buy a lottery ticket haha
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    1 shard per 10 SIMs
    I have been getting and less from Cantina. I will start keeping track. The drop rate is important, as it's the only way to estimate when the char will be 6 or 7*. A months is different than 2 months.

My drop rate has been a bit closer to 20% making Cantina the best selection of chars (adding Cantina and Shipments) but the slowest grinding place ever. I am leaning towards chars that can be farmed in mtiple locations at the same time. Eg. Datcha is farmable in Cantina missions, GW plus regular missions (and the not so rare Bronzium drops). Thus, while I also farm many long terms using regular missions. At least with regulars, I get for 300 Crystals about 500 Energy which give me 40 tries for about 10-15 shards.
  • Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs

Anecdotally it seems like some drop with higher frequency than others, Kylo for example feels like it drops more than Luke, Windu or Talia.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    well, the current meta is partly determined by availability of resources (shards for upgrades) and the synergy that can be formed from those readily available teams (for most players). heavily paying players can bypass this gameplay gate with money.

if we posit that diversity is healthy for the longevity of the game, allowing access to a bigger roster for most players seems like the right move, within reason. CG can't make everyone happy; they have to answer to EA as well. if whales aren't happy having an edge with their payable exclusives, they'll stop supporting the game monetarily. if non-light spenders aren't happy, they stop supporting the game by discontinuing to play it.

just a few of my thoughts regarding the current situation of unlocking or ranking up new characters.

i feel like i just went off topic from the original post.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    1 shard per 10 SIMs
    @reizse you add important point. Nobody knows if the seop varies by character. I can swear in regular missions the rates vary a lot by item and place.

Also, I note that the decision of IF AND WHAT to drop ALWAYS requires being connected to the server. If this was just RNG, it would only need to report to base later, and not wait for the server even before being able to announce anything.

My point is, deop rTes can be changed any second, they can implement adjusting algorithms, throttle drops, etc. Client just displays.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    @reizse you add important point. Nobody knows if the seop varies by character. I can swear in regular missions the rates vary a lot by item and place.

Also, I note that the decision of IF AND WHAT to drop ALWAYS requires being connected to the server. If this was just RNG, it would only need to report to base later, and not wait for the server even before being able to announce anything.

My point is, deop rTes can be changed any second, they can implement adjusting algorithms, throttle drops, etc. Client just displays.

i see what you mean. EA_jesse said that to maximize drops for items, we can choose nodes that have less items, therefore reducing the item pool. this can be useful, however, it doesn't describe each drop rate per item, which i suspect is different from node to node. i would assume and HOPE that higher difficulty/energy nodes have a higher percentage to drop items.

i'd like to apply this methodology to character shard drops, but i'm not sure they're affected by the total item pool, or are they counted separately? additionally, do higher difficulty/energy nodes have a higher chance to drop? for the opportunistic f2p player, they'll use up every hard mission attempt without refilling, but if they were to refill, it would make more sense to go for the harder missions if they have a better drop rate for character shards.

cantina is a whole different setting, with higher rates from my experience (simply because we have unlimited attempts if you keep refilling). hard missions require both refilling energy and resetting the attempts per day
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    5 shards per 10 SIMs
    You should count canteena drops in base 12, not base 10, because you get 12 (at cost of 10) sims per day, and each refill gives another 12 sims.
    I average 5 to 6 per round (or refresh).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    reizse wrote: »

i see what you mean. EA_jesse said that to maximize drops for items, we can choose nodes that have less items, therefore reducing the item pool. this can be useful, however, it doesn't describe each drop rate per item, which i suspect is different from node to node. i would assume and HOPE that higher difficulty/energy nodes have a higher percentage to drop items.

i'd like to apply this methodology to character shard drops, but i'm not sure they're affected by the total item pool, or are they counted separately? additionally, do higher difficulty/energy nodes have a higher chance to drop? for the opportunistic f2p player, they'll use up every hard mission attempt without refilling, but if they were to refill, it would make more sense to go for the harder missions if they have a better drop rate for character shards.

cantina is a whole different setting, with higher rates from my experience (simply because we have unlimited attempts if you keep refilling). hard missions require both refilling energy and resetting the attempts per day

I don't think drop rates are affected by the level but the level of gear parts are, I think drop rates for any particular item remain fairly consistent with the rarity ranking of the item.

That said there does seem to be a few "sweet nodes" where I always seem to get the gear drop I'm looking for first try.
  • Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    @Jabberwocky that's good to know! i've had luck with items on the 8 energy nodes compared to their 6 energy counterparts.

i feel like cantina is more consistent with shard drops due to the fact that we have a much larger sample size due to the unlimited nature of the content. even if we aren't recording the drop rates (i actually started to record for about 10 days now), we have the feeling we are getting more (more does not mean better) drops when compared to the restrictive nature of hard mode shard farming. i would wager in the time i've farmed shards for JC that cantina vs hard mode drops are about equal; this is a feeling only, not based on facts or data...yet. i just have more shards from cantina because per refill, i have 12 more chances to farm, versus the 9 hard modes i get 'for free' per day.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    em I just got 8 Kylo shards from 10 SIMs, so I guess Ill press the 4 shards option twice
  • Options

Or a x8? Lol, nope. I'd revert to the previous day's luck. Thanks to that run today, I'm 3 shards from 5* him.
  • Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs

Or a x8? Lol, nope. I'd revert to the previous day's luck. Thanks to that run today, I'm 3 shards from 5* him.

seriously though, grats on the epic drops. hopefully through regular energy regen you can grab those final 3 shards before today is over.
    mighty chlorians
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1 shard per 10 SIMs
    I must have the worst rates of all haha.

I have accumulated only 16 shards from the 1,500 crystals spent on refreshes. I felt his drop rate was extreemly low
  • Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    @Jabberwocky that's good to know! i've had luck with items on the 8 energy nodes compared to their 6 energy counterparts.

i feel like cantina is more consistent with shard drops due to the fact that we have a much larger sample size due to the unlimited nature of the content. even if we aren't recording the drop rates (i actually started to record for about 10 days now), we have the feeling we are getting more (more does not mean better) drops when compared to the restrictive nature of hard mode shard farming. i would wager in the time i've farmed shards for JC that cantina vs hard mode drops are about equal; this is a feeling only, not based on facts or data...yet. i just have more shards from cantina because per refill, i have 12 more chances to farm, versus the 9 hard modes i get 'for free' per day.

I agree, cantina seems way more consistent than LS/DS for shards, I find that the Dooku hard nodes seem to give me 1 in 5 or less, many days I go 0 for 6 tries (I never use crystals to refill hard nodes).
  • Options
    Thought it was just me pulling a terribly shard rate, preemo you can always spend more money though. You are pay to win after all.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Options
    3 shards per 10 SIMs
    Just had an AMAZING run!!! 30/4 shards
    Not kidding....
  • Options

seriously though, grats on the epic drops. hopefully through regular energy regen you can grab those final 3 shards before today is over.

Thanks! I didn't get the last 3 until this morning. Only did one refill so only had 170 energy, and took all of that to get 3. I won't be doing my regular refills as my luck is abysmal today. On hard mission farms got zero shards from: Rey, Old Daka, Dooku, Lumi or JC over all locations where they're obtainable. I don't pay for resets on hard, so thanks to that drop rate, I saved some crystals today!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    4 shards per 10 SIMs
    Thanks for the poll! I think you've proved pretty conclusively that Cantina shards fall at pretty much a 1/3 rate. Very useful.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    3 shards per 10 SIMs
    I just had a lucky streak and got 12 shards from 14 B)
  • Options
    1 shard per 10 SIMs
    Today I got 6 from 17 pulls. Not bad. I don't know why there's so much variance between days. 2-4 per 10 seems about the norm then.
  • Options
    3 shards per 10 SIMs
    Usually around 1 every 3 battles. Kylo seems to drop more than Luke though, Luke I get 1 every 4 or so. They're the only two shards I've farmed for so far
  • Options
    2 shards per 10 SIMs
    When I really need the shards I'm 1/10. When I don't need them I'm 4/10.

Sigh