Suggestions for Mace Windu lvl 8 ability upgrades

They seem to ignore that allot of people on here have voiced their wishes that Mace Windu should be a stronger character. So I have some ideas for his lvl 8 upgrades that may help.

Invincible Assault (basic) - currently it is +10% heal. This is bad. This adds 300 heal points to a fully maxed Mace. Rey basic crits for like 6-7k...so 300 extra health will do nothing.

It should be changed to +25% - 35% heal. That's anywhere from 750 - 1050 extra heal. He currently heals about 1500 max.

Vapad (leader ability) - lvl 8 upgrade is currently +5% heal on crit.
Many jedi have low life and a few have high totals. Even for the high totals it is only like 1000 HP if they had 20,000 life.

Instead, maybe something like - grant allies 15% - 20% turn meter whenever Mace exposes someone. Or grant 5%-10% turn meter on crit. Or just increase the heal number more than 5%.

Any thoughts or different ideas?

Replies

• Options
    Mace have a bad set of skill and i think it won't change anyway... why?

iYHXbk5.jpg?1
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Mace needs either a full enemy team expose chance (maybe 20%-40% for his turn only), or something like a guaranteed 2 enemy expose, and the AI also needs to be changed to automatically attack an exposed enemy. On top of that, he also needs either more damage, or a chance to attack twice on his basic. The heal could also use a much higher percentage. The current heal is useless and a waste of an ability.
  • Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    Mace have a bad set of skill and i think it won't change anyway... why?

iYHXbk5.jpg?1

LOL
    Bones wrote: »
    Mace needs either a full enemy team expose chance (maybe 20%-40% for his turn only), or something like a guaranteed 2 enemy expose, and the AI also needs to be changed to automatically attack an exposed enemy. On top of that, he also needs either more damage, or a chance to attack twice on his basic. The heal could also use a much higher percentage. The current heal is useless and a waste of an ability.

Agreed. Although guaranteed expose may be a little op. The damage buff or attack twice is good as long as it's not like a kit fisto % where he rarely attacks twice. And yeah, the heal is a joke. His damage is too low for the heal to be useful. With a 50% damage increase to his basic, he hits about 100 HP higher than qgj.
  • Options
    His debuffs should be fixed so it applies after you target and attack. That way it's being applied to the directive and not some random chump.

Adjust his potency so it applies when the chance is rolled, so there is not dry spells of 10-15 attacks where there is no debuffs. With tenacity levels higher he rarely applies his debuff
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    His debuffs should be fixed so it applies after you target and attack. That way it's being applied to the directive and not some random chump.

Adjust his potency so it applies when the chance is rolled, so there is not dry spells of 10-15 attacks where there is no debuffs. With tenacity levels higher he rarely applies his debuff

I like everything you just said. Those are some good ideas.

He also needs a potency buff for his expose and positive removal abilities.

Quigon has a very high potency, is much faster, does about the same damage on his basic as Mace does with his 50% bonus damage, and his positive removal grants whole team offense up while at the same time doing more damage than Mace's positive removal. And they just layed out a big nerf to mace's special damage!

They really must not like Mace... Or they are big Liam Neeson fans :smiley:
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Quigon has a very high potency, is much faster, does about the same damage on his basic as Mace does with his 50% bonus damage, and his positive removal grants whole team offense up while at the same time doing more damage than Mace's positive removal. And they just layed out a big nerf to mace's special damage!

Valid, cause he is slow they've given him that debuff for damage. But stripping buffs off doesn't reward Mace the way it does QGJ

Let him stun the character he stripped the buff from or team gains turn meter.

But personally I think the tank idea was terrible. Mace Windu as a striker was the more obvious choice. Showing swordsmanship till his death, kinda like Dooku. It is what it is and I don't think they have the humility to revamp him.
    Post edited by Calus_78 on
  • Options

+1
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

Valid, cause he is slow they've given him that debuff for damage. But stripping buffs off doesn't reward Mace the way it does QGJ

Let him stun the character he stripped the buff from or team gains turn meter.

But personally I think the tank idea was terrible. Mace Windu as a striker was the more obvious choice. Showing swordsmanship till his death, kinda like Dooku. It is what it is and I don't think they have the humility to revamp him.

Yep, I think you right
  • Options
    @Calus_78:

We have a bunch of ideas that make him NOT like Dooku, but as annoying and draining as Dooku, while being a party protector in the way a good Tank should be.

The central idea was that he performs a "flank attack" on any opposing toon that attacks an ally with 50% health or less. My idea was to have these Flank Attacks (the term "flank attack" is to distinguish from "counter attack" which happens when you, yourself, are attacked) do 50% normal damage, but have a 50% chance to expose. The expose lasts a maximum until the end of Mace's next turn, but any expose granted by a Flank Attack has a 30% chance to disappear at the end of any action by any ally of Mace (so if you're a healer on Mace's side, you have to think about whether you want to heal or take advantage of that Expose that might just disappear before another ally can go, etc. ...).

Then you really can't leave Mace alone, he gets more chances to Expose if you attack Mace's allies but not Mace. So you want to attack him...but you're choosing to attack him, it's not like a Taunt where the computer simply forces you to attack him. It's much more like his description and much more frightening when you are trying to finish off one of Mace's allies without finishing off Mace first.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Dooku does the damage he does because of his turns per round are quite high. But it's not the damage that is annoying it's Dooku's debuffs (stun/ability block) that are applied. More attacks = better chance to land debuffs(100% counter with high speed).

They want Mace to be a tank for whatever reason, but they failed to make him annoying enough that people would focus him.

Why are the following toons focused:
    Daka - She stuns/ revives party members.
    Rey - she gains evasion/ hits hard
    Sidious - healing debuff
    Yoda - buff steal/application
    IG-88 - big damage aoe with ability block
    QGJ - big damage assist/ party buff with buff removal.

So you have to ask how Mace Windu can get this much attention without being annoying like the current tanks in the game that actually have a taunt. Flank could be a cool feature with expose, stun or even turn meter gain to the rest of the party.

But from what most people want from Mace, is to be a striker or a fencer like person that excels at sabre play....
    Post edited by Calus_78 on