Sid in GW

Varlie
1286 posts Member
With all the recent changes, I have not seen Sid used much at all in Arena in over 3 weeks (at least not in the top 50 of my server).
I may be mistaking here but I was under the impression that GW teams were made up of people's arena teams. Why is it that Sid is in 10 out of 12 GW battles if he's not being used in arena anymore.
Even if you go with a player's top 5 characters in power, he falls behind a lot of other characters that are easily leveled.

Replies

• Options
    GW teams I believe are the last team you win GW with. So my winning GW team is usually Hk, geo soldier, poggle, 88,86 usually to say F is for Fun and U is U and me.
  • Nervi
    57 posts Member
    Options
    don't be mistaken, all the sidious, daka, and dooku lead u see is just part of the scummy algorithm they use to find you an opponent, where their dooku lead is 60% dodge, daka stun is 90% and sid anti heal attack procs 100% even if you try to counter with yoda, it has nothing to do with arena rank, when I reset and do GW when i'm on top 5 I encounter the same teams that I do when I drop to 50.
    This patch has shown CG/EA true colors (if it wasnt clear enough already), they give 0 damns about fairness and users, all they want is to force us to spend money no matter how.
  • Options
    Nervi wrote: »
    don't be mistaken, all the sidious, daka, and dooku lead u see is just part of the scummy algorithm they use to find you an opponent, where their dooku lead is 60% dodge, daka stun is 90% and sid anti heal attack procs 100% even if you try to counter with yoda, it has nothing to do with arena rank, when I reset and do GW when i'm on top 5 I encounter the same teams that I do when I drop to 50.
    This patch has shown CG/EA true colors (if it wasnt clear enough already), they give 0 damns about fairness and users, all they want is to force us to spend money no matter how.

Wrong they choose people based on your highest rank and max power level. Also they use your last GW Squad. That's why Sid's and healers are always present.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wish people would just put their scrubs in the last match. While I can work my way around all the Dookus and Sids, it would be much easier on everyone to face a bunch of B teams.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    So that many people are still using Sid in their GW teams? Interesting, I though he fell out of favor.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    So that many people are still using Sid in their GW teams? Interesting, I though he fell out of favor.

He has heal block and is self sustaining, plus dodges jedi so in GW he has great utility.
  • Options
    I always use sid at first as far as he can go with the rest of my D-team. Mostly they fall apart in round 5-7 and for gw it doesnt matter much what u use so long theres heal/revive around many teams can make it. And i use 4 myself mostly get to use only 2 bc of difficulty is not that bad.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    GW teams I believe are the last team you win GW with. So my winning GW team is usually Hk, geo soldier, poggle, 88,86 usually to say F is for Fun and U is U and me.

Actually, the more I am thinking about this the more I think it is wrong. Look at all the posts around the forum advising that Barriss is required or is such a boon for GW teams and should be used as Leader. I can't tell you the last time I faced Barriss in any GW battle. If it was based on last GW win team, we should be seeing Barris, Lumi, Rey. Lumi is the only one of the three I see regularly in battles.
  • Options
    I usually see one or two Barriss in GW. I think a lot of people just don't have Barriss.

I usually try to leave a super easy team on the last node of GW, but I don't think I've ever encountered one :)
  • Options
    Where has it been stated that the squads are a persons last GW team? I'm fairly certain that John Salera said the squads are other people's arena teams. Wish this could be confirmed somewhere.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Actually, the more I am thinking about this the more I think it is wrong. Look at all the posts around the forum advising that Barriss is required or is such a boon for GW teams and should be used as Leader. I can't tell you the last time I faced Barriss in any GW battle. If it was based on last GW win team, we should be seeing Barris, Lumi, Rey. Lumi is the only one of the three I see regularly in battles.

You don't see them because everyone plays their Arena team on last node

He's not talking about just the last node, nearly every node has some variation of Lumi, Dooku, Sid, Kylo, Phasma for me. I rarely see Barriss, in fact I see Chewie more than her which is beyond strange. I have no idea how they pick the enemy team but it definitely isn't teams that other people use otherwise we'd see a lot more Jedi healers like Barriss and JC including Lumi.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know where you guys take info about last team you win in GW will stay for others in GW.
    I use 2 accounts, 1 p2p and 1 ftp. Both now 75. 4 times in last 2 weeks i had to fight my own teams both ways. And always i have to fight my arena team no matter what team i used in last won GW.

And considering damage output and amount of resses/stuns my own AI team gets on defense, I came to conclusion that we are being bullsh!ted by developers that AI has same chances.
  • Nastynas91
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think many of the teams they throw at you aren't real players. Seen way too many Darth Vaders and teams that make no sense other than to make GW difficult for you. I don't trust a game designed to make you spend money
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure about those under 70s but 70+ are often teams from same server or my own teams so they are very real