Could Jawa Engineer finally make General Grievous viable

Once the Jawa Engineer finally gets here, I'm thinking of running the following team:

HK47 (L)
JE
IG-86
IG-88
GG

JE's datamined information indicates that, on a full droid/jawa team, he will go first (153 speed to start + 10 per droid/jawa ally). If he uses his second special ability (Crit Chance Up + 45% turn meter for all droids), most of the rest of the squad should go before the other squad).

88 goes next. My preference would be to use his basic attack and hope for a crit. With HK's leader ability, he would regain 50% turn meter. On his second attack (hopefully after HK/GG have gone and applied debuffs), you can use his aoe for high damage / ability block.

86 goes next. Use his secondary to snipe someone. 80% chance that assist will be droid for massive damage. Super high crit chance means he will likely proc HK's leader ability to regain 50% turn meter.

HK goes next. Use his meatbag mayhem attack for massive debuff to set up 88's aoe attack.

GG goes last. Use his sinister laugh for debuff and -30% turn meter to get second turn in before the other squad goes second or use grievous wounds to deal another round of aoe damage.

If the fight isn't over yet, JE's revive/heal will go a long way toward a win.

This synergy seems pretty good on offense. I'm sure the AI will muck it up on D so you probably can't stay at the #1 spot.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Just keep in mind that many of the characters out there now will still go before HK and GG even with the 45% turn meter gain.
  • Skarcha
    115 posts Member
    Options
    Cut GG, paste IG100. More speed and almost the same AoE.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Magilla262 wrote: »
    Once the Jawa Engineer finally gets here, I'm thinking of running the following team:

HK47 (L)
    JE
    IG-86
    IG-88
    GG

JE's datamined information indicates that, on a full droid/jawa team, he will go first (153 speed to start + 10 per droid/jawa ally). If he uses his second special ability (Crit Chance Up + 45% turn meter for all droids), most of the rest of the squad should go before the other squad).

88 goes next. My preference would be to use his basic attack and hope for a crit. With HK's leader ability, he would regain 50% turn meter. On his second attack (hopefully after HK/GG have gone and applied debuffs), you can use his aoe for high damage / ability block.

86 goes next. Use his secondary to snipe someone. 80% chance that assist will be droid for massive damage. Super high crit chance means he will likely proc HK's leader ability to regain 50% turn meter.

HK goes next. Use his meatbag mayhem attack for massive debuff to set up 88's aoe attack.

GG goes last. Use his sinister laugh for debuff and -30% turn meter to get second turn in before the other squad goes second or use grievous wounds to deal another round of aoe damage.

If the fight isn't over yet, JE's revive/heal will go a long way toward a win.

This synergy seems pretty good on offense. I'm sure the AI will muck it up on D so you probably can't stay at the #1 spot.

Thoughts?

Replace HK with Lobot. Now THAT'S a team!
  • DarthMelkor
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Remember, Jawa and Dathcha also have JE synergy and are anti-droid units. Dathcha has a leadership ability that grants all allies a 25% chance to remove 25% TM from droids, and his AoE has a 50% ability block and 50% stun vs droids. Then jawa has an AoE with 75% stun vs droids and 25% stun vs others, plus wth two other living jawas he gains 18% evade with +30% TM when he does.

Both are easier to farm than GG, and all those negative status effects synergies will with ig88.

If JE becomes anything like Poe, i.e. The first one to go wins the match, adding these two jawas could be better than ig100 Hk or GG because they would stun lock and reduce the TM of the entire enemy team, or if Jawa gets an evade against the enemy you could make a comeback.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I doubt that it will make grievous arena. His kit doesn't provide enough damage, utility, speed, or tankiness. I'm farming GG, and I have accepted that he will be a GW sub or a cool guy to do challenges with. You will just be dissapointed if you want meta material. Jawa engineer will at least allow him to make a turn now lol