GW & Protection - question

I agree that in first GW battle both teams have protection full bar.

How in the world it make sense that your opponent team has full protection bar but your team has lost all the protection.

Someone smart please explain this to me.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, our toons used to get full health just like the opponent toons on every node!
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Thats so called "balance" to prevent toons from being 1 hit. Only difference that is only AI is protected in GW
  • StarSon
    7470 posts Member
    Options
    Also, everyone keeps forgetting that GW is not designed to be finished every day. It is not supposed to be easy. And also again, the other coin of the balancing was to reduce damage, making battles longer, which ultimately make GW easier if you run 3 healers.
  • Options
    Balbes wrote: »
    Thats so called "balance" to prevent toons from being 1 hit. Only difference that is only AI is protected in GW
    There is no 1 hit in GW lol.

If opposing team is at full protection bar on round 4 of GW...then how is it balanced?
    Either both have full prot bars or none of them.

Full prot bar only makes sense on first fight, unless each team you face in each round is a fresh roster.
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    Options
    In GW teams 76-78 1 hit all the time. Im talking about Rey (most of the time) and Fotp with gun down lvl 8 (rare but with lvl 9 equipment he is back to business with 1 hit k.o)
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

How in the world it make sense that your opponent team has full protection bar but your team has lost all the protection.

Thanks in advance.

Well, before your team started with less than full health towards the end but the opponents team didn't. How's this any different?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Well, before your team started with less than full health towards the end but the opponents team didn't. How's this any different?
    Protection is another additional stat to worry about.

Regardless the point is...unless it's first match...no way subsequent teams can have full bar of prot.

• Coward
    27 posts Member
    Options
    You also have the option of sending in B or C or sacrifice teams to burn away some of that protection and their cool downs. Galactic war shouldn't be easy and is much more fun when it's not. It's definitely become tougher but still beatable day by day.

Try starting off the war with b and c teams so as you get into the tougher fights your a team still had its protection bars.

Them having a protection bar and you not isn't fair in a 5v5 fight. But you have access to all your characters. Play with more tanks or healers. Customize your team fight by fight depending on what you're fighting. Yeah, it's harder, and takes longer, but that's what makes it fun. And it's still beatable every day.
  • Options
    \
    Coward wrote: »
    You also have the option of sending in B or C or sacrifice teams to burn away some of that protection and their cool downs. Galactic war shouldn't be easy and is much more fun when it's not. It's definitely become tougher but still beatable day by day.

Try starting off the war with b and c teams so as you get into the tougher fights your a team still had its protection bars.

Them having a protection bar and you not isn't fair in a 5v5 fight. But you have access to all your characters. Play with more tanks or healers. Customize your team fight by fight depending on what you're fighting. Yeah, it's harder, and takes longer, but that's what makes it fun. And it's still beatable every day.

Exactly. Protection is just another stat to adopt your strategy to. Protection not being restored to your GW team is such a non issue. I have no idea why people are complaining so hard. That GS or IG86 or Rey still isn't going to kill your best squad members in one shot if you play right. There are so many more options now. GW is definitely more fun since the update. Build a better team. Coward offers some excellent advice on how to do that.
  • Balbes
    82 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lithalan wrote: »
    \
    Coward wrote: »

Exactly. Protection is just another stat to adopt your strategy to. Protection not being restored to your GW team is such a non issue. I have no idea why people are complaining so hard. That GS or IG86 or Rey still isn't going to kill your best squad members in one shot if you play right. There are so many more options now. GW is definitely more fun since the update. Build a better team. Coward offers some excellent advice on how to do that.

Without protection Rey still 1 hit most of time with 76lvl and gear 9
  • Options
    Balbes wrote: »

Without protection Rey still 1 hit most of time with 76lvl and gear 9

Not every team has a lvl76 gear 9 Rey. And this is why you have more than one squad. It still doesn't mean protection is an issue.
  • Options
    More and more teams have her at 9. At least 5 nodes in GW had such nightmare
  • Options
    I'm assuming that they will be coming out with a character soon that has the ability to replenish protection bars. I suspect this will be the first droid "healer". And maybe even add it to some existing toons as well in the future. Therefore it'll be your choice of character selection that decides if you walk into the next battle with protection left.