Enemies Over Player Level

During the GW's I constantly run into enemy groups that average level is higher than my max level. Anyone else run into this?

Replies

• Options
    My max level is 61. In the midle of GW a face a group of 64.
    I just cant pass through them.
    It´s very frustrating.
  • Jaylos
    11 posts Member
    Options
    so it's not just me then.

I don't mind the challenge of it, but so long as the playing field is even; especially when the groups you are facing are almost solely comprised of randomly generated groups from the server (same as what you face most the time in the pvp from what I have seen).
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    That's how it is for all of us.
  • Jaylos
    11 posts Member
    Options
    So because it's status quo we should just accept it as correct and fair game mechanics?
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    All of a sudden the teams I have been coming up against are four or five levels above my highest level character. All of them well geared and high starred. This has gone from challenging to nigh on impossible.
  • Jaylos
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, most the time when that happens I have to either throw a junk group at them to try and soften them up before i go in with my good group (which there have been times that I have sent all my extras in at them and still done nothing) or restart the whole thing.
  • Options
    They keep changing the formula for GW it went from myself being able too complete the table say every 5 or 6 times to not even making the 2nd Purple container so the 6th node very frustrating. The developers do change it from time to time.

So Dev's can you take a look at it?
  • Options
    GW got much better for me once I hit 70 before the cap was raised. I imagine it will be the same here.
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jaylos wrote: »
    During the GW's I constantly run into enemy groups that average level is higher than my max level. Anyone else run into this?

yes all the time i had up to lvl 72 when i was 50 and i gave up untill i started looking into things and i notice lvls dosent matters if their gear is bad just look at the power and compare atleast for me i notice my decent geared team had on average same or more power then the 10-15 lvls above me toon

edit: i havent had that difference in lvls after the raid content update but last nigth i had i belive 76 72 58 65 66 in one node did look to closely since i have 10 good geared toons now and it was 10 node
    im lvl 65 btw

• MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    I'm consistently facing enemies above my total squad PWR in 50% of matches once I hit node 5+

I know to look beyond stars and levels, but it's not just that so many squads exceed my PWR: it's also that so many squads have one under-powered toon.

If their squad PWR is 20,000 and your squad PWR is 18,500, it may be a tough match*, but it's much worse if they have one toon who is only worth 1500 points of PWR. Kill that toon, and you're now even in PWR, but you've just wasted any initiative advantage you may have had, allowing their 4500+ PWR toons to start activating ability chains that can wipe you out (like Vader needing debuffs on your squad so that he can 1HKO someone with the saber-throw, which he gets by using his first action to force-choke you for DoTs).

========================

*depending on the characters used, synergies present, etc. - the PWR for your URRoRR' character doesn't change if he's the only Tusken, and your IG-86 doesn't change PWR rating if you put him with IG-88, Poggle & HK-47...so PWR is only a rough guide
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    Great.

I just got a 7*Phasma, 7* Sid, 7* Lumi + 4* Vader & 6* JC.

I only have one 7* toon in my entire inventory. And these were all Purple Gear, Vader, Sid & Lumi g8, Phasma & JC g7.

That's ridiculous, for my level and *s and gear.