What Am I Doing Wrong for GW?

I always read all over the forums about how easy, albeit, time-consuming now, it is to complete GW.

As of right now I have only completed it once way back when I was lvl 35 or 40. I consistently am only able to complete about half a GW a day. I am F2P lvl 67 and my team consists of:

7* lvl 64 GS g8
7* lvl 64 Sid g7
6* lvl 52 JC g8 soon to be 7*
6* lvl 60 QGJ g7 soon to be 7*
4* lvl 60 Dooku g7
6* lvl 52 Phasma g7

The rest of my characters are a mix of 1-4* of varying lvls and gear. Is my problem lack of depth? Or do I just need to l2p?

Replies

• Ducy
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Get lumi, you need another healer. I complete it everyday and finish with the team I start with I run qgj lead, lumi, JC, daka, gs
  • Options
    Lack of depth. You need healers and a tank.
  • Options
    also there is alot to be said for depth of roster, most days i finish and only lose one or two characters, BUT being able to lose 5-6 and still field an A team helps alot in not having to redo battles constantly.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your largest issue is lack of heals. You have JC, but typically I am successful with two. I prefer Barriss as lead, so I'm regaining at my level almost 2k HP a turn. Than near the end of each battle once all major threats are dead, I stall by using only basic attacks so everyone is full on health and abilities. Also your lack of characters also presents a issue, with the new protection stat, it is becoming necessary to have a B and C squad. I'm finding it almost required to send in a B squad to soften up a difficult team to at the very least take out 2 or 3 high risk characters. In the meantime I would focus on a second healer and advancing as far as you can daily until you'll eventually defeat it on a daily basis.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    You need galactic heals
  • Options
    Consider holding off on spending the 2 mill you'll need to 7* JC and QGJ and spend it on levelling your top toons to be more in line with your player level instead.

Consider pausing your Phasma farm and spend GW currency farming Lumi instead.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Luminara was important before update and with a limited roster she is a must have. Run her JC and Daka and you should be able to keep full health at end of battle and have one ready at start of the next. You still may not finish for a while but you'll progressively get further. Also nice to get 88, 86, HK and Poggle eventually after Lumi as expendable hit squad. Good luck and keep at it. IMO I believe they will tweak GW because I can see how for mid game with limited roster the difficulty level more than doubled.
  • Options
    I beat gw everyday and I have been able to beat almost every level using my base team. Poggle (L) lumi, JC, 86 and GS. A couple battles will cause me to swap out 1 or 2 and I do maybe 2 suicide squads but other than that simple... Just be smart with heals and use poggles offense up to drop the 2 most powerful enemies before they do much damage at the beginning of each match. Avoid using lumi's heal at the end of a match of possible or you are in a pickle at the start of the next one if it's a tough team....
  • Options
    I also had issues from level 45-69, I only won 17 times out of 40 attempts when I was in that level range. Once I hit 70, learned about retreat and got Barriss I haven't lost. Looking at your team, you need More healers. Lumi and Barriss would make your life alot easier . . Just my advice
  • Options
    I always read all over the forums about how easy, albeit, time-consuming now, it is to complete GW.

As of right now I have only completed it once way back when I was lvl 35 or 40. I consistently am only able to complete about half a GW a day. I am F2P lvl 67 and my team consists of:

7* lvl 64 GS g8
    7* lvl 64 Sid g7
    6* lvl 52 JC g8 soon to be 7*
    6* lvl 60 QGJ g7 soon to be 7*
    4* lvl 60 Dooku g7
    6* lvl 52 Phasma g7

The rest of my characters are a mix of 1-4* of varying lvls and gear. Is my problem lack of depth? Or do I just need to l2p?

What's your gear level on each toon? I dont know about anyone else ( and yes I knownthat all 4 facets of leveling a character is important) but gearing them up is by far the best way to do the most damage/take the most damage while you level up the overall level, stars and abilities. At least the gear lets you take a beating and still hang around while you build up everything else.

Not sure if you've jacked them up in that regard so if not, start grinding away on that. They'll get exponentially stronger.
  • Options
    Do you know about the retreat option? Sadly I did not and for months I lost GW. I have completed it since then every time.
  • Options
    Healers, suicide squads & the retreat button when things don't go to plan.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    jonav1975 wrote: »
    Healers, suicide squads & the retreat button when things don't go to plan.

Another tip, if you kill the leader then get wiped, when you return the leader doesn't give his bonus. I'll do suicide squads attempting to kill Dooku and die.
  • Options
    JC does not need to be 7*. Definitely what others have said. Farm Lumi from GW store and Barriss from Cantina battles. Add those two and you won't need any more depth. Having gobs of healing power is the key. Run at least two healers at all times, and learn to stagger their heals.
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    You need to gear up to lvl 8. It makes a difference now that protection is based on gear level
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    @Brom G7*
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    BamBam wrote: »
    @Brom G7*

I know he has gear 7. I'm saying his main team should be gear 8 at his level. His gear puts him at a big disadvantage because the teams matched for him in GW will be gear 8
  • Deezenutz700
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I am going to stop farming Phasma and start on Lumi. Also since I just started this thread I got my STH who was wallowing up to lvl 53 gear 7 and all abilities to lvl 4. He is also 4* but I have enough arena tokens to take him to 5* in a few days. I did burn through almost all my credits and mats though!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I run Q(L)6*, Lumi 7*, Daka 5*, Rey 6* and Geo 6*

I make it to 10th node minimum with all them, about that time is when my hit team comes in to wear down a strong team then bring my A team back in to finish off.

Always set up Q assist to where Geo gets the call, you can retreat and move him to that spot that was called, its a huge advantage right away
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I would say you have spent too much money levelling the toons you have not listed your top 5 or 6 should always be laveled to the max of your level.

Essentially you focus on your arena team plus healers. So work on getting them up to your level. Start farming Barris from cantina to help you out (does she open at 67 or 69?). Tier 6 first battle anyways.

I would focus on getting the 6 toons you listed to your level and getting Luminera from GW shipments.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    To tag onto what everybody has said, get at least one more healer. I never bothered to get Barriss, Daka, or both. Even Talia (who I loved at lower levels and wish she could have remained viable) goes a long way. Use her heal first and then heal her with another healer. That usually tops everyone off. Note, that's by far not the best solution but I believe Talia is one of the toons you get at the start so I'm assuming you have her.

Anyway, I'm going after Barriss and Daka now because I think they pay off a lot with the current GW setup. I never liked either before, but I think they are good gets now. Until then, I'd say hold off on Phasma for a while and get Lumi. Don't just open her up, either. Get her maxed as soon as possible. Once you start getting through GW on a regular basis that will become way easier. You can get up to 15 shards a day in GW.

A question for everyone running with JC still: was he nerfed? It seems he's not keeping up with the others. Before he was invaluable to me but now I'm fighting sometimes just to keep him alive. I also think he's being targeted a lot more now than he ever has.
  • Options
    Support characters are the ones that shine here, then just add some dps for a well rounded team.
    Hard to die when you are constantly protected and healed
  • Options
    I'm the weird one here I dont finish GW but will agree with Calus_78 on this. You do need 2 healers though. Support toons are a must and a good tank, Dps to just fill in extra attacks.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    You are doing everything right. Problem is you need a second A team now. You can do it with one team now, but it's long and tedious stuff.
  • Options
    Echoing what everyone else is saying - Luminara. She is a quick farm and is essential. Paired with JC the heals are always available.