Late to the party, but my insane 7* Yoda challenge bust

Late on the post seeing as how the event ended for its cycle a few weeks ago, but though a daily forum reader I recently joined the discussion and figured I'd share my expierience.

Not so long ago on a shard somewhat close...

After hyper- aggressively farming my Jedi with an unanticipated deadline, I acquired the the 7th star for my Barris to complete my cookie cutter F2P team of Lumi (L), Barris, QGJ, JC, and the presumed weak link, Eeth Koth with 8 hours left. I was anxious having read of the difficulty, but not wanting to fall short set hours aside dedicated to attaining my goal. I had no intention on waiting another month to receive that last star. Remembering the words of the grandmaster himself, I settled in for what was to be the most difficult and humbling challenge I had yet to face. I was sure my teeth would be ground to the roots in frustration and already silently cursed the galactic RNG gods. Prepared for defeat amidst a barrage of hastened flurries I knew eventually I could come out ahead, but the question remained could it be in the time frame I desired. I took a breath....there was no try, only do.

As I opened the first bout to lay eyes on the little green monster's allies, I knew it wasn't ideal, but plausible, staring down Anakin and Ahsoka. There would be no Barris health equalization tactic to my chagrin. I aimed high, rushing straight for the furrball. He was quick...very quick...and humbling it was indeed. I had a bad feeling about this. Lightsabers clashed and blows were dodged. Carefully placed heals kept my team in the game long enough to incite a new hope. And how did it end might you ask?

He fell to my blows, full squad standing. Anakin and Ahsoka quickly thereafter not having their fearless leader to bolster their ranks. I was dumbfounded. This epic endeavour came to this. I could never be accused of ill preparation as my toons were at max gear and ability rank, but really? I found myself to be absurdly bummed. What was to be my crowning achievement amidst remarkable endurance and unyielding effort was over in a few moments. So much for that sense of accomplishment.

I guess in the end, the farming was the hard part, but for all those folks who may be wondering as the Yoda event comes back around remember , especially F2P guys, not only is it possible with Eeth, it can happen on your first attempt.

Replies

• Options
    Not sure if you're meaning it was too easy because some of us had to make hundreds of attempts.
  • Options
    No not meaning it was too easy at all...probably just fortunate RNG luck, but without a multitude of bouts not a large basis for comparison...I was anticipating just what you were saying Revenant and was literally in disbelief it went down like that
  • Options
    Well unless they change something for the next Yoda event he will literally be impossible to beat. Yoda with protection will be unstoppable.