Seriously need some tips there

Hey guys,

Here are pics of my current characters. I think it's not too bad, but I just realized that I screwed lot of things because I can't focus on 1 goal.
Result is that I really can't complete GW (did it twice) and can't get a better rank than 250.

I need some serious help with classic answers, who should I focus on etc...

On this day, my daily farming is :

- Dooku 1st (cantina+hard mode)
- Bariss (2 hard mode battles)
- Rey with energies I don't need

I have spent most of my crystals on 350's packs, but I think I'm gonna stop and buy cantina energies.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks for all your tips and have a good game.
[url="http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=507453Sanstitre.png]507453Sanstitre.png[/URL]"]hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=507453Sanstitre.png]507453Sanstitre.png[/URL][/url]

Replies

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Most important thing first: don't use crystals on chromium unless you plan on spending several thousand crystals. Much rather use them for energy refreshes so you can further gear your toons and farm shards.

From the pictures i would suggest you use Lumi and Savage in your arena for sure. Put them in there with a Dooku lead and Poggle. Currently you might want to use Mace as an intermediate solution until you have a good DPS toon like GS or 86. Since you are farming Dooku in cantina I'd suggest 86 for now. then switch to GS later.
  • Options
    Dark Vador :smiley:
    Watching u
  • Options
    My actual arena team is Dooku (L) (Sorry :p) / Lumi / Savage / Sid / Poggle
    I actually thought about switching Poggle with QGJ when he will be ready.
    Any other suggestions ?
    Thanks for your answer !
  • Options
    I'm sorry but UP
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    Options
    Use Barris as leader in your GW squad as much as possible. Her health buff between rounds and the ability to heal thru Sid is the most important. Start with a team of Phasma, Poggle, Sid and Lumi with Barris leading. You'll go very far with that team in GW. And btw, never attack Sid with Poggle. You'll only force him to use the very attack we all hate.

Arena for you may be more challenging but you still have some viable toons. At your rank, try using Boba as lead with Phasma, Poggle, Luke and Lumi or a Tank like Savage. You'll climb ranks very quickly as this is a high damage team. Crits guaranteed with Advantage and Offense Up from Poggle can result in some 10K damage output from Luke's special.
  • Options
    I do hear your tips and thanks for answering. But my Boba is only 4 stars, not real easy to farm ... By the way, I started farming Bariss because everyone was saying "she's the masterpiece in GW" but I just think she is weak as hell. She hits lie a mosquito and isn't so tanky... But I'll continue to farm her to at least 5/6 stars and gear 7.
  • Options
    You have 2 maxed toons a lot of 4 star and 5 star underdeveloped toons. It's not a surprise that you can't complete GW . Your have way too much diversity. seems like you get a toon to 4-5 stars get bored move on to the next one.
  • Options
    That's totally correct ... so who should I focus on IYO ?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I have some of the same issues you do. I can't figure out who I want. And my crystals get spent probably a bit poorly as well.

The advice I'm trying to follow is to pick 10 characters. 5 LS, 5 DS. Get those levelled up and run with them. After that, I'll start focusing on characters I want (it's a game....want is a key part for me there). Perhaps try that for now. If you don't have enough energy/droids for 10, then pick 5 to play in GW and use a mix of DS/LS.
  • Options
    Barris is good even at 4/5 stars. Just remember to max her basic and leader abilities, they are the ones that make her so good.
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Just want to throw another tip out there. You can retreat in the middle of battles and reset your lineup if you are having trouble passing a node. Try different leaders etc. I pass my GW daily doing that. It might take longer to beat but you have some decent toons and I'm sure tinkering with them and trying different teams after you retreat the battle will help you win daily.
  • Options
    Wow that's messed up :D

I would strongly suggest you focus on one character from each Source and bring him to 7* before you go to another.

You could go with Dooku Lead or Phasma from what you have right now. I feel it is a little redundant to use Dooku Lead and have a Poggle, because Poggle already gives offense up to everyone, so its just the dodge what Dookus leadership brings you. Plus Savage is a character you not necessarily want to dodge.

Depending on how far they are with their abbillites i would go for:

Phasma (L) / Lumi / Savage / Poggle / Doku
    for now
    if Phasmas Leader abillitiy is behind, leave Dooku lead till you got Phasmas abillity at 7.

And I would focus farming on:

Phasma from GW shipments till shes 7*, then Poggle to 7*, then IG 86
    Sid from Arena Shipments, but maybe not invest the million credits bc he has no priority for your arena team
    So cantina farming... for long term I would switch to GS as soon as possible, he is just super helpful... and I personaly dont find Dooku that useful anymore. But thats up too you, But who ever you choose stick with him.

Your RG is at 4* already which is nice, if you level and gear him he will already be super helpful in arena and GW. you should start slowfarm him in hard nodes. When you have him at gear 7 or 8 and leveld switch him in for lumi in arena.

In Cantina shipments stick with qgj.

I wouldnt farm hard nodes of anyone else than RG and Dooku if you farm Dooku in Cantina as well. Thats just a waste of energy you need for gear grind.

• Options
    LordPaul wrote: »
    isn't so tanky...
    That's the first time I've heard that about Barriss. At 7*, gear VIII and level 70 mine has over 18k HP. She might not be tanky at 4* compared to some other 7* characters, but she has a lot of HP compared to others at about the same stars, gear and level.

• Options
    Okay so thanks for your answers, I was in totally wrong way. But what about Sid, Ventress, Windu ? I have used them a lot and I'm surprised that you suggest to switch RG/Lumi ! RG is a pretty good taunter but Lumi is definitely my best char !
  • Options
    Okay so thanks for your answers, I was in totally wrong way. But what about Sid, Ventress, Windu ? I have used them a lot and I'm surprised that you suggest to switch RG/Lumi ! RG is a pretty good taunter but Lumi is definitely my best char !
    If you gear RG up so he gets the extra potency at gear 8 my guess is you'd change your mind about that. You don't need healing with RG and his stuns are way better than the damage you get from Lumi.

• Options
    In cantina, go with Barliss till min. 6 stars then switch to GS take him to 7 stars, that should help you in GW. GS then could be on your permenant team. Sid is fine I still use him in GW, Ventress I hear is awesome in GW, don't use her in arena, Mace is hot garage leave him as is.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    I do hear your tips and thanks for answering. But my Boba is only 4 stars, not real easy to farm ... By the way, I started farming Bariss because everyone was saying "she's the masterpiece in GW" but I just think she is weak as hell. She hits lie a mosquito and isn't so tanky... But I'll continue to farm her to at least 5/6 stars and gear 7.

Mosquitos are one of the worlds most deadliest animals FYI.
  • Options
    I would improve Dooku, Mace and Sid. For me, I have about 12-18 good to great toons that carry me. Those three are corner stones. Dooku get many hits, so improve his basic hit, Sid and mace are good leaders for high power offense.

What I run is which gets me at least halfway before I start losing toons

Dooku(L)
    Mace
    Lumni
    Yoda
    Phasma

image.png

image.png

• Options
    Hey guys I'm back,
    I upgraded RG to gear VII, it makes the difference, definitely the best taunter.
    A bit disappointed by Sid 7 stars which makes a very little difference
    Trained Bariss a bit, and aiming for gear VII tomorrow, I have good hopes with her.

But you guys tell me different things, so I don't really know who focus on. Should I farm RG ? Bariss ? In cantina after Dooku, should I continue to farm him to 7 stars or change for GS ? Or Bariss ? I mean what would be your absolute priority ?

And yes, Ventress is a beast with quite good stun, I wonder if I should go for her with arena tokens.

Another question, do you think I will be able to finish Yoda's level 5 event ? It could be another great substitue in GW. I would go with EK, Ashoka, Mace (5 stars) ; QGJ (6stars) and Lumi (7 stars). Or do you think I should train Bariss to 5 stars and go with her as a leader ?

Thanks for your answers
  • Options
    Hey guys I'm back,
    I upgraded RG to gear VII, it makes the difference, definitely the best taunter.
    A bit disappointed by Sid 7 stars which makes a very little difference
    Trained Bariss a bit, and aiming for gear VII tomorrow, I have good hopes with her.

But you guys tell me different things, so I don't really know who focus on. Should I farm RG ? Bariss ? In cantina after Dooku, should I continue to farm him to 7 stars or change for GS ? Or Bariss ? I mean what would be your absolute priority ?

And yes, Ventress is a beast with quite good stun, I wonder if I should go for her with arena tokens.

Another question, do you think I will be able to finish Yoda's level 5 event ? It could be another great substitue in GW. I would go with EK, Ashoka, Mace (5 stars) ; QGJ (6stars) and Lumi (7 stars). Or do you think I should train Bariss to 5 stars and go with her as a leader ?

Thanks for your answers
    In cantina I'd prioritize GS over Dooku, but they're both good. I'd prioritize him over Yoda as well, especially since you can get the 5* version already. RG should be a priority, too, but a 4*, Gear VIII will get you pretty far. Barriss is awesome for GW and the Yoda event. Some have had success in arena, but she's far from a staple there. You'll be able to get 5 star Yoda without her.
  • Options
    Okay thanks, but I didn't precraft, is Gear VIII easy to reach for RG ?
  • Options
    It doesn't stick out in my mind as that terrible, but I don't think it was super easy, either. What you're looking for is the extra potency gear in gear VIII.