Does activating a character make a difference?

gobears21
1265 posts Member
I'm wondering what happens when you pull a character that you have not activated but have enough shards to activate it. Would a 2 star character pull still convert to 7 shards in that instance, or would you get the 2 star character PLUS whatever number of shards you already had?

Hope that makes sense.... just wondering if it makes sense to not activate toons I won't be using....

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you arent using a character, it does make sense not to activate it. If you luck out and pull a full character from a data pack, the character will fully unlock and you will keep all the shards you currently have. If you spend your shards to activate and tehn pull the character, you only get half the unlock cost rather than the full character.

For example, I'm at 88/80 shards for Old Daka. If I pull her I will have a full Old Daka plus 88 shards. If I unlock her now and then pull her, I will be at a full 4* Daka but with only ~48 shards.
  • Options
    In that case you'd get the character and keep whatever shards you already had. So there can be an advantage to not activating them right away.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    If you have enough shards to unlock a character always check if he can be pulled. If he can't be pulled you might as well activate him. But if you can pull him from packs try and wait with activating until you get the pull. The shards you already will count towards the next star upgrade.

For instance if you have 80 Daka shards wait unless you really want to use her. If you pull her you can immediately promote her to 5* ;)
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    OK, thanks guys! Will leave them un-activated going forward.... wish I had done that before!
  • Options
    I waited until I had enough shards to 5* Dooku before activating him, and I'm currently planning on waiting until around 6* before activating 5s, just because he's a much slower farm than Dooku, and pulling 5s from Bronzium would be awesome.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder what my squad would look like had I waited on all the ones I'm not using or didn't use right away.... I was activation crazy.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    OK, thanks guys! Will leave them un-activated going forward.... wish I had done that before!

Seriously. I've activated so many characters I haven't used yet.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I can't help but wonder what my squad would look like had I waited on all the ones I'm not using or didn't use right away.... I was activation crazy.

I have exactly the same feeling.. Now the only characters I could still pull from Bronzium are Ima who I would really like and Ururroruruor...
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

I have exactly the same feeling.. Now the only characters I could still pull from Bronzium are Ima who I would really like and Ururroruruor...

I could still pull dooku (and hope I do!).

I've tried hard node farming him and went 1 for 18 and gave up lol