2 status effects and timing issues

Not sure if these are working as intended or a bug.

Issue 1:
If a character counter attacks and applies a debuff, that turn counts towards the debuff duration.
Example:
Dooku counter attacks JC and lands a stun, when JC's turn is over (i.e. after he is counter attacked) the stun ends, such that JC never misses a turn.

Issue 2:
Another thing I believe I have seen a few times but I am not 100% sure as I dont have Barriss to try it out on my own.

Barriss ability to remove debuffs seems to go off even if she was stunned. I (believe I) have seen her remove healing immunity from friendlies on turns she was stunned.

This would seem to contradict the above of status effects ending as the very last step of a heroes turn.

Replies

• Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Though you must have figured these out already, for the benefit of the larger community, I will try to explain these two.

1. I noticed that when I use QGJ's assistance special on Dooku, the Jedi ally called upon will remain stunned. Thus the mechanism must be that after each "action phase" of a toon, there is a "ending phase" when buffs and debuffs turns are calculated.

2. Similarly, as we have seen in Lumi's and Barriss' leader skills, there is also a "starting phase" when passive healing, or HOT, is applied. If a character is stunned, he/she will miss the "action phase", but not the "starting phase" or the "ending phase". Judging from what you have experienced, I believe the dispel ability of Barriss is categorized into "starting phase" abilities.

To conclude, I think a turn is composed of
    a. "starting phase" that applies effects such as HOT, DOT, stun (which will force a character to skip "action phase"), passive abilities such as dispel, invisibility, etc.
    b. "action phase", when AI or player cast active abilities.
    c. "ending phase", when turns of buffs and debuffs are calculated.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • SaintEaters
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Not sure if these are working as intended or a bug.

Issue 1:
    If a character counter attacks and applies a debuff, that turn counts towards the debuff duration.
    Example:
    Dooku counter attacks JC and lands a stun, when JC's turn is over (i.e. after he is counter attacked) the stun ends, such that JC never misses a turn.

Issue 2:
    Another thing I believe I have seen a few times but I am not 100% sure as I dont have Barriss to try it out on my own.

Barriss ability to remove debuffs seems to go off even if she was stunned. I (believe I) have seen her remove healing immunity from friendlies on turns she was stunned.

This would seem to contradict the above of status effects ending as the very last step of a heroes turn.

I've noticed this also but only with dooku when stunning a Jedi with basic attack only and only when it's from a counter attack. I may be wrong but try it out and see if it works like that. Daka and Ayala stuns and dooku special attack stun seem to work as they are supposed to.
  • Options
    Far as I'm aware, Barriss' debuff remover passive occurs at the "conclusion" of any friendly Jedi's turn and I believe she is the sole recipient of the turn-meter manipulation. But, yes, it works even if she is stunned.

For the first issue, you're correct. ANY 1-round duration debuff that gets applied via counter-attack (with the exception of assists) will immediately expire upon the conclusion of the counter-attack, when the aggressor's turn ends.