OMGear

Skeetabyte42
325 posts Member
edited April 2016
Call the whaaambulance on me, I don't care.

Looking at some toons and gear just now... both Phasma and Han have gear slots that require 120 - yes, one hundred and twenty - pieces in order to be crafted. At 100% drop rate - you know, being optimistic and praying RNGsus breaks - that's 120 SIM cards. Minimum 720 energy. Bare minimum. Of course, playing the lottery probably has better odds.

Anyone with actual drop rates and a background in statistics care to do the math?

My brains are fried just doing the basic math. I'm confident enough to say this, though: getting to Level 9 gear is just simply unattainable at this point for most people. Forget Level X!!

Replies

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    You know parts of this gear is unobtainable but will be available in the guild shipments starting Monday. Second there are other pieces of gear that will require even more purple pieces.

I feel your pain though, farming gear is becoming a long, long grind the higher you get. However, this is also the purpose I think so I don't mind too much, though a slightly higher drop rate than 20% would be nice.
  • Options
    I've heard people say that the top gear drop is about 20%. So you can expect to need 600 battles to fill that slot, to get all 120 pieces. I'm seeing a lot of these pieces at the 10 energy per battle cost level. So that slot is expected to take 6000 energy to fill it. Hopefully a lot of these pieces start becoming available more than one at a time (like in challenges).
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I just got Phasma....is that from gear 7 to 8 or gear 8 to 9?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I missed the precraft bonanza so I'm just cool with being in position to be gear IX at some point soon...
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I just got Phasma....is that from gear 7 to 8 or gear 8 to 9?

8 to 9. That gear will be available on Sunday though so don't stress about it
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Life isn't fair, yet most of us seem to get off fine.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I've heard people say that the top gear drop is about 20%. So you can expect to need 600 battles to fill that slot, to get all 120 pieces. I'm seeing a lot of these pieces at the 10 energy per battle cost level. So that slot is expected to take 6000 energy to fill it. Hopefully a lot of these pieces start becoming available more than one at a time (like in challenges).

The drop rate sounds right, if it is too easy, everyone has it. Now that it is tough, I hope to put my head down and get through it.....slaughter those without the same enthusiasm and patience for the game. So say Kobe Brian.

• Options
    Didn't want to start a new thread but can someone explain what pre crafted gear is? I have no clue. All my toons are stuck at gear level 8 because the gear piece that I need isn't available yet.
  • Options
    Didn't want to start a new thread but can someone explain what pre crafted gear is? I have no clue. All my toons are stuck at gear level 8 because the gear piece that I need isn't available yet.

That pretty much explains it right there.

Prior to the update, those pieces were available. If you got them before the update, you "precrafted". ;)
  • Options

I'd say that's being generous. I have been paying attention every time I go to fill a single purple gear slot. My own experience shows that if I expend roughly 800 - 1000 energy I *might* get enough mats to fill a single purple slot. MAYBE. But more often than not, I get maybe 3/4's of the needed mats for a single piece of gear. Occasionally the RNG gods are in my favor, but overall I'd say 20% is generous....most likely closer to between 12- 15% drop rate.