Think I might have found the hardest squad I have seen yet.

The resident whale on my server has been inserting new characters in his lineup every couple days. He is now running a Nute lead, Leia, RG, 5s, Old Ben. It appears all are in gear IX. Leia and 5s have their basic at tier 8. I believe Nute and Ben have a couple of abilities that aren't quite maxed.

Douding... if you come on this board I just want you to know that you are a sick sadistic SOB lol!! I mean that with the greatest amount of jealousy.

I haven't even attacked you yet, I'm actually afraid to see what that squad can do. Nute and Leia must do crazy damage while stealthed. Not to even mention that RG has over 40,000 health plus protection, 5s going nuts with his extra attacks and Ben debuffing.

I'm about to go get a laugh and see how fast my squad goes down. I have a feeling no one else is getting #1 for awhile!

Replies

• Options
    You say all that without first attacking the guy? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    You say all that without first attacking the guy? Am I missing something?

I don't know... Are you missing something? I was simply saying the team looks tough and giving the guy credit. Does that bother you?

• Options
    Lol have had a similar lineup minus the tier 8 basic in late GW nodes twice. You lose a toon or two, there's hardly a way around that... But still not insurmountable.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. Who would you kill first? Stuns are going to be necessary. I could see Nute dying easily but Leia will stealth too quickly. behind RG taunt. I have faced a similar squad but Rex lead, 5's, QGJ, Leia and RG. The team is beatable but you need a lucky stun and a way to dispel the taunt.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Lol have had a similar lineup minus the tier 8 basic in late GW nodes twice. You lose a toon or two, there's hardly a way around that... But still not insurmountable.

It's simple..... we kill Kenobi first
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

Brilliant!
  • Options
    Sounds doable to me. Try to stun leia, if that does not succeed, you'll have to plan each attack. I would kill 5s first by keeping him stunned, until leia comes out of hiding. Don't worry about old ben till last.

You need rg, qgj all max geared and starred to beat that team.
  • Options
    After level 8Rebel tactics Leia doesn't come out of hiding.
  • Options
    Prana_lama wrote: »

Rofl, good point @Prana_lama.
    You should try that team, sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Prana_lama wrote: »

Rofl, good point @Prana_lama.
    You should try that team, sounds interesting.

I plan on it.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    somebody posted a video with Nute (L), Leia, RG, Daka & Barris: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/30004/leia-isnt-that-good-youre-wrong

I'll pass on those teams!
  • Options
    I just put in my lineup. Old Ben, 5's,, RG, Leia, and St Han. I am sitting at 1 but 4 hrs til payout. Let's see what happens.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Ive tried pretty much this same team and it is pretty solid. It is very RNG dependant however. It's all about just protecting Leia while she cranks out damage. If she gets rolling with multiple 5k hits and generating turn meter for multiple turns it will destroy the other team. If things don't go your way and you gets stuns from Daka or face a heavy counterattack team then it can fall apart quickly. It's fun to play for sure and Leia can just blast through the other team when it works.
  • scuba
    14059 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. attack! I know I would try.
  • Options
    My squad held up better than I thought. I got it down to 2 vs 2 but lost. Had my Full health Yoda and Lumi vs Leia and Old Ben. Leia is REALLY good with that Nute lead. I might have actually won if I could have gotten a stun on her one of the few times she wasn't stealthed but I couldn't get Daka's stun to stick. At one point Leia went twice in a row and proceeded to take out Han and Daka without me ever moving lol!! I did manage to get foresight on my whole squad along with their 2X critical buffs. That helped.

Got rid of Nute pretty fast but burning down RG and 5s takes awhile. Might have to try adjusting my squad a bit and see if I can get him.

• slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »

Brilliant!

Saves you from wasting time. Kill old Ben, hit auto, and then go have a beer
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon time
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    Plo Koon time

Or they need to add the anti stealth abilities to a few other toons other than Plo Koon. Kit's AOE is a candidate since it does zero damage, it should have a high chance of removing stealth!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Plo works double duty here. Taunt? What taunt?
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Ive tried pretty much this same team and it is pretty solid. It is very RNG dependant however. It's all about just protecting Leia while she cranks out damage. If she gets rolling with multiple 5k hits and generating turn meter for multiple turns it will destroy the other team. If things don't go your way and you gets stuns from Daka or face a heavy counterattack team then it can fall apart quickly. It's fun to play for sure and Leia can just blast through the other team when it works.

Wow... You couldn't have given a better description. The second time I tried I won with all 5 of my chars still standing. Leia never got more than one attack on any of her turns. The first time she blasted through my whole squad.

I just got to see both sides of it. I guess the potential of that squad was more intimidating than anything. I got to see what it's capable of in the first match but saw the weakness in the second one. It's very dependent on Leia. If she procs multiple attacks and turn meter everytime then you are pretty much dead meat. If she doesn't it takes some of the luster away.

Leia seems like she can be a frustrating character. So much damage potential but then when you need her most she could attack once and hit like a wet noodle. Still... I wouldn't mind having her. :wink:

• Options
    I'm not jealous of his wallet, ayyyy
  • Options
    Funny, I fought him today in GW on node 12.
    Was probably the longest fight I ever had.
    But I could beat him!
    Admirable squad I d like to have, too
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    The resident whale on my server has been inserting new characters in his lineup every couple days. He is now running a Nute lead, Leia, RG, 5s, Old Ben. It appears all are in gear IX. Leia and 5s have their basic at tier 8. I believe Nute and Ben have a couple of abilities that aren't quite maxed.

Douding... if you come on this board I just want you to know that you are a sick sadistic SOB lol!! I mean that with the greatest amount of jealousy.

I haven't even attacked you yet, I'm actually afraid to see what that squad can do. Nute and Leia must do crazy damage while stealthed. Not to even mention that RG has over 40,000 health plus protection, 5s going nuts with his extra attacks and Ben debuffing.

I'm about to go get a laugh and see how fast my squad goes down. I have a feeling no one else is getting #1 for awhile!

Ha Ha, I played him on node 10 of my GW yesterday
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    After playing around with the Nute/ Leia combo more today it feels like the biggest downside is running those tanky low dps characters along with it. Your damage suffers and a high dps team will take your guys out quicker than you will kill theirs (unless Leia goes on a rampage).

I am finding that a team like Nute (L), Leia, RG, Rey and QGJ is more effective for utilizing Nute as leader. Killing the other team faster generally works better than trying to outlast them and hoping Leia can pick them off from stealth before they kill your tanks. Nute is there only to boost Leia... He does decent damage (thermal detonator actually isn't as terrible since the combat changes) and hopefully will go into stealth so he lasts a little longer.

The boost to Leia with Nute as lead is pretty substantial. Even though using him for just the one character seems kind of silly I think it pulls it's weight. When Leia gets lvl 8 stealth ability at lvl 78 and never comes out of it and Nute gives 30% turn meter per crit at lvl 80 it will be even more ridiculous.

I've had a lot of fun battles today experimenting with the Nute/ Leia combo
  • Options
    Does each attack in Leias multi-attack trigger the 20% TM from ST Han? If so he could see a lot of use against this team. Nute is the only other character that hits hard so taking him out and then using Han's taunt could get you a lot of TM.