Introduce live matches

Zama_Zeckur
394 posts Member
edited April 2016
Why not give a 20 second accept timer if you are currently in the game to fight arena live? Pvp isnt supposed to be vs ai...

Introduce live matches 74 votes

Yes
59%
IvoB1987Frano_BattousaiKhorvog_KarbossaShadowHoundRogan_Ban84zaphodHammerHeadLordStylingbenacrowGrantusMaximusDarthTRexusPrana_lamaNoobslayerHarmonicaOobydoobUriakatosJermProofAngrybaldmanNoSpoilZiggy23 44 votes
No
40%
TelaanPokebreakerGenakumaUshoAksterBoro_Smooth1CronozNLBalbesAggropoxDarioDarthNicoeffdashDaysOfYoreOwexBaillMegadeth3700DiraanDarken26PetrozzaValent_Antonamorcsea 30 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes
    I guess battling ai is too easy to give up to some people.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yea it would be nice. Even if they make it a side game mode with no rewards. Able to battle your friends or guild members just for fun.
  • Options
    Yes
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Yea it would be nice. Even if they make it a side game mode with no rewards. Able to battle your friends or guild members just for fun.

Yes!
  • Options
    Yes
    Not understanding why people vote no if they dont comment about it.....
  • Options
    No
    The delay would be terrible. Akin to playing mobile chess
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Yes
    It would be way cool and it would prevent the anyone can beat anyone in the top 10 problem. We will see how these teams actually match up when played to their potential rather than have the AI just roll over for you. Being #1 would actually mean something beyond timing and seeing who locked out and who didn't etc.
  • Options
    Yes

If you dont have the connection to do it just deny to go ai
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

If you dont have the connection to do it just deny to go ai

Would have to put like a 15 second timer to pick each turn. Then people would complain about not having enough time to choose attacks. Nerf please
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to have a go at someone live, just imagine how long and drawn out battles would be lol.
  • Options
    Yes
    Ronon_Dex wrote: »
    As much as I'd love to have a go at someone live, just imagine how long and drawn out battles would be lol.

Still a timer
  • Options
    No
    Well said @Valent_Antona & @Ronon_Dex summed it up. The delay would kill pvp. Battles would be drawn out it would be easy for a defender to stall a battle out 5 min. Youd get trolled and wouldnt be able to move up unless the player didnt accept and you went vs ai which is what you have now. Cool idea but it sounds better then it would be.
  • Options
    Lol no. I would get to #1 and just never move forcing a draw keeping the rank until payout.
  • Options
    Yes
    Lol no. I would get to #1 and just never move forcing a draw keeping the rank until payout.

Live could add a turn timer also
  • Options
    No
    First thing that comes to mind is the endless amount off bugs
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Yes
    First thing that comes to mind is the endless amount off bugs

Yeah i think you just +1 me on that other poll for bug fix = better balance
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    It would be way cool and it would prevent the anyone can beat anyone in the top 10 problem. We will see how these teams actually match up when played to their potential rather than have the AI just roll over for you. Being #1 would actually mean something beyond timing and seeing who locked out and who didn't etc.

Live games in arena are impossible. You have to assume the person you are battling is online when you challenge him, and that he has nothing better to do than be forced to fight you, in the middle of doing the GW or whatever else.

Would likely require a lot more work than some people may assume.

Sure something outside of arena could work with live battles such as a friendly challenge, but putting development time into something like that does not seem worth it in my opinion.

• Options
    I don't know of any mobile game that has live battles. Even the almighty clash of clans is AI as far as I know
  • Options
    Yes
    Akster wrote: »

Live games in arena are impossible. You have to assume the person you are battling is online when you challenge him, and that he has nothing better to do than be forced to fight you, in the middle of doing the GW or whatever else.

Sure something outside of arena could work with live battles such as a friendly challenge, but putting development time into something like that does not seem worth it in my opinion.

You could have the ability to deny live and you can fight ai if they are offline.
  • Options
    Yes
    I don't know of any mobile game that has live battles. Even the almighty clash of clans is AI as far as I know

Yeah but it could be the beginning of a great thing! Or horrible depending on coding lol.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

Vain glory is one.
    They can definatly do for a side game mode if they wanted too
  • Options
    Yes
    Akster wrote: »

why not do it like clash royale? you choose when to fight, get paired, and then gain or lose ranking based on the result. Instead of a ladder system, its just
    win +10 points
    lose -10points
    etc
    the top players are because they have the best W/L record, not because they climbed a ladder of defeating people until rank 1

you also dont need shards for this, make it a global rank like clash royale (multiple arena ranks of 1-100, 100-300, 300-500, 500-700, 700-900, 900-950, 950-1000 (in this case 950-1000 would be the best and highest payout)
  • Options
    Yes
    This would bring the snap back in the game.
    The game is dull for me in the current stage.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, Clash Royale is the example of how this should have been done. The current arena system is ludicrous, primarily because your ranking has little to do with how skilled you are at actually playing, but rather how well you can put together a squad that scares people off of attacking you (and one that the dumb AI can actually play well). But realistically arena will never get fixed - CG isn't going to put any resources into changing it.
  • Options
    Yes
    Was thinking the same thing earlier this week. This will make arena more fun. I give it a yes, but would need to see a lot of changes first. I think current meta is not suitable for this. I see many teams now with RG, Fives, Dooku, Daka that prolong a battle significantly. Imagine 2 teams like that are in battle and add human thinking time. Those battles will last way more then 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Blood brother 2 has live pvp and live tournament/event. It took the devs however a long time before they could fix the lag, connection lost and sync issues.
    If that kind of pvp was to be implemented in SWGOH, we can remove the 5 minutes timer and only gives 5 sec to players to move one character. After 5 sec, the AI will make the move. After 2 or 3 turns letting the AI move your characters you will forfeit the match or give full control of your team to the AI.
    I think however that such a system must be planned early in the development stage of the game. I really doubt that it will be implemented one day in SWGOh
    Member of Team Instinct