Phasma + Poggle

Kevz57
118 posts Member
edited April 2016
I would like opinions on using advantage with offensive up , is it wise to try to have an attack with both of those buff up or should they be used on seperate phases or is having two support Characthers a waste of roster space etc..

Replies

• dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    on paper it looks great. but i tried this and the result was disappointing.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    Options
    I just use QGJ with a humbling blow after giving advantage with Phasma, its OK, nothing ground breaking to be honest

Xio
  • Options
    I feel that the problem with that strategy is that you loose 2 spots for other toons. So say you want a RG to protect your guys, and daka because of the stuns, revives and heals, it leaves space for only 1 dps... if he dies, you loose. As Xioborg said, QGJ is probably a better choice to grant offense up... there is always someone with a buff on enemy team.
  • Options
    Phasma and Poggle used to be a better combination than people gave it credit for, but that was before the update. Phasma got 65% more damage on her basic with Advantage and with that and offense up she did pretty good damage just after giving everyone a bunch of TM. Now you can't count on Phasma for one or two big attacks and everything is slower, so one or two big attacks might not be worth it I think it would just be a crowded roster.

It might be worth trying in a "trick" team to try to get some huge AoE's, but my guess is it would be a house of cards with Poggle in there instead of a tank. Maybe fun to try at the end of GW.
  • Options
    Miyugai wrote: »
    I feel that the problem with that strategy is that you loose 2 spots for other toons. So say you want a RG to protect your guys, and daka because of the stuns, revives and heals, it leaves space for only 1 dps... if he dies, you loose. As Xioborg said, QGJ is probably a better choice to grant offense up... there is always someone with a buff on enemy team.

I run this exact lineup with poggle instead of qgj. I only lost GS a few times when someone removed RGs taunt and I was unlucky with AI focussing on GS after that. But when that happend it was already 4 vs 3 and I didnt even try to revive him and let the others finish the job. The damage output from Daka, Poggle, Phasma and RG is ok with offense up and crits and some assists.

But in offense I dont think you would see a difference.

In defense however I think I like Poggle better.
    Theres still a lot of Dookus around so QGJ would probably be stunned. and he cant grant offense up in the first round so its very unlikely he ever will

But with poggle theres not much you can do about him granting offense up. He goes before all stunners except dookus special. and usually you use that on the cannon of the team. or daka.
  • Options
    Miepmorp wrote: »

I run this exact lineup with poggle instead of qgj. I only lost GS a few times when someone removed RGs taunt and I was unlucky with AI focussing on GS after that. But when that happend it was already 4 vs 3 and I didnt even try to revive him and let the others finish the job. The damage output from Daka, Poggle, Phasma and RG is ok with offense up and crits and some assists.

Theres still a lot of Dookus around so QGJ would probably be stunned. and he cant grant offense up in the first round so its very unlikely he ever will

But with poggle theres not much you can do about him granting offense up. He goes before all stunners except dookus special. and usually you use that on the cannon of the team. or daka.

Well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the input!
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    Options
    @dvl009 I've had the same experienced was really excited to see the outcome but not what I expected
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys would love to hear more
  • Kevz57
    118 posts Member
    Options
    @garublador I agree the hit and run tatic and one trick ponies don't work well
  • Options

I actually think it's the opposite between Poggle and QGJ in offense/defense. While poggle can give off-up in the first turn regardless of the opponent, everyone runs qgj as well, which means you are losing (on defense) the off-up from your main char and giving the opposing team off-up for free. In the meantime, if QGJ is stunned, then dooku is at least entertained with him and the rest of your team will do something. If they don't keep qgj stunned, then you still get the chance of the assists. It would be interesting to have actual data on which one of the two performs better. Personally, I fear substantially more teams with QGJ than I do with poggle, but the differente isn't especially big
  • Options

I actually think it's the opposite between Poggle and QGJ in offense/defense. While poggle can give off-up in the first turn regardless of the opponent, everyone runs qgj as well, which means you are losing (on defense) the off-up from your main char and giving the opposing team off-up for free. In the meantime, if QGJ is stunned, then dooku is at least entertained with him and the rest of your team will do something. If they don't keep qgj stunned, then you still get the chance of the assists. It would be interesting to have actual data on which one of the two performs better. Personally, I fear substantially more teams with QGJ than I do with poggle, but the differente isn't especially big

Funny thing is, that's exactly what I experienced in arena just before. And I haven't been beaten up by a defense team this hard since the update.

It was dooku lead, qgj, RG, Daka, GS
    And is was heavy. About 34.000. And RG 7*.

Because it was my last fight I didnt want to make changes to my team and I went in with phasma lead, Poggle, RG, Daka, GS.
    So not the best choice and also i was unlucky when qgj dodged the assist after gs put him in the red and I spent two rounds running against RG. But that's the game against dooku lead.

So basically I really played into this teams cards.
    And now I really doubt what I stated before.
  • Options
    I think the difference isn't massive, I also used to carry Poggle before I got RG starred and geared and it didn't perform bad at all. It's just that it's not as useful as QGJ because the extra traits QGJ has (dat assist mainly)

Coming back on topic, I have been using Phasma+Poggle as my go-to team for the regular challenges (not type restriction), and they're my suicide squad in GW, which often (along 88, 86 and FOTP) make quite a lot of noise, often disposing of the full opposing team while sustaining some heavy loses. The combination is good, it's just subpar compared to your standard meta team (or standard droid team) due to not being able to fully get rid of the opposing threats before they finish your damage dealers. As someone else mentioned, you are taking 2 spots for support. You will also want some other supports (st han probably fits better here than RG), maybe daka, further reducing your spots for other chars to use adv+offup. Unless you go with phasma+poggle+3dps, but then they will need to survive.