Dooku Nerf?

So my 7* gear level 8 dooku has been doing much less damage in general. Why would they nerf him? His damage was bad to begin with. Thanks all you whiners for ruining yet another character...

Replies

• Options
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    hes not ruined. still most used toon out there.
  • Tflantastic
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bones wrote: »
    hes not ruined. still most used toon out there.
    His damage is much lower for me now. This was an unnecessary Nerf. He already had low damage and health, why'd he need a Nerf? I understand his counter attacks can be annoying, but he was pretty easy to deal with in the arena if you knew what you were doing. People need to stop asking for nerfs and realise they just don't know what they're doing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    There's a megathread. Post there please.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Were you fighting against a squad in gear 9 or with defense up? These two things cause a large variance in damage since the update. It's possible you were just up against a team with high armor and defense.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    You're acting like dooku was the only one that got a damage reduction. It was a nerf almost all across the board. Dooku was barely even affected by it. Yoda, Resistance Pilot, FOTP, Anakin, and others got it 10 times worse than dooku. I do agree people need to stop asking for nerfs, but the update brought nerfs to everyone not just dooku.
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Were you fighting against a squad in gear 9 or with defense up? These two things cause a large variance in damage since the update. It's possible you were just up against a team with high armor and defense.

It's a possibility. I will check to see whether his damage varies in this way.
  • Options
    In my opinion, Dooku is still too strong. Generally speaking when I face a Dooku (7* gear 8) he hits for about 1800, crits 2600ish. Now, if he gets a bonus attack on his basic, he can do upwards of 5000 damage. That's more than my geonosian soldier(7* gear 9) can crit in one hit, as he usually crits 5000 max (no buffs). Now couple that damage output with a 100% counter chance, which can also proc a bonus attack, and stun/ability block. No other character comes to my mind that can attack 4 times in a row for upwards of 10000 damage, and possibly stun or ability block your characters. I don't complain because I've learned how to deal with him, but I still think he needs to have trade offs for being able to attack so much. I'd even be ok if they just removed his chance to stun or ability block, because to me, it's broken that one character can do so much damage and potentially disable a character. Even if it's RNG based I don't think it's ok.
  • Options
    In my opinion, Dooku is still too strong. Generally speaking when I face a Dooku (7* gear 8) he hits for about 1800, crits 2600ish. Now, if he gets a bonus attack on his basic, he can do upwards of 5000 damage. That's more than my geonosian soldier(7* gear 9) can crit in one hit, as he usually crits 5000 max (no buffs). Now couple that damage output with a 100% counter chance, which can also proc a bonus attack, and stun/ability block. No other character comes to my mind that can attack 4 times in a row for upwards of 10000 damage, and possibly stun or ability block your characters. I don't complain because I've learned how to deal with him, but I still think he needs to have trade offs for being able to attack so much. I'd even be ok if they just removed his chance to stun or ability block, because to me, it's broken that one character can do so much damage and potentially disable a character. Even if it's RNG based I don't think it's ok.

Haha I guess I've just gotten used to dookus op stats and took them for granted... I just hope they don't Nerf him again
  • Options

Haha I guess I've just gotten used to dookus op stats and took them for granted... I just hope they don't Nerf him again

I hope they tune him... A nerf would be a bit harsh haha... He isn't stupid op
  • Options
    80% of all characters were nerfed. Your precious little Dooku was one of them.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    There's no sympathy for nerfs on Dooku and there will never be. Even if he does 1 damage in the end. That being said, he is still meta.
  • Options
    Dooku was barely nerfed.

First and foremost, his broken leader ability needs fixed.

Second, he needs reworked because hitting 12 times in a row and stunning half your squad and taking out 1500-2500 each hit is ridiculous. If he didn't have a bonus hit, or counter, or the ability block/stun on his hits then it would be one thing, but all of that together plus his broke leader ability means everyone is exploiting him, and he is OP. The fact that over half of most people's Top 50 uses him should tell you that.