Fives will be nerfed like GS was

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Order matters,

GS states: deal physical damage to an enemy with 50% chance to gain offence up.

Deal damage -> gain offense up

Fives

Deal physical damage to a target enemy and Inflict speed down. If enemy is inflicted with speed down attack again.

Deal damage and inflict speed down. If that was successful attack again.

I don't even see the ambiguity.

Does fives attack if the toon is suffering from speed down and he fails to re-inflict it? If it's resisted he shouldn't attack.

For what it's worth, in spanish it says that he gets an additiinal attack on enemies with reduced speed, so not that clear. Then again, in spanish ig-86 unique says that he gets crit chance for each living jawa, so these descriptions are not very reliable...
  • Options
    Omega fives isn't a problem. I take him down easy. You just have to build your team or alter you plan in matches accordingly.
  • Options
    Is this what happens every time a new toon becomes viable for arena? It certainly seems like lots of people wanted "diversity," but now that new toons are emerging in arena people are uninterested in changing strategies. If a new toon counters their primary squad's strategy, it must be "broken," "bugged," and "OP."

Does it even occur to people that their squad/strategy might just be a bad match-up for certain others? In this game of rock-paper-scissors, if you have the "rock" squad and go up against the "paper" squad, it doesn't mean "paper" is broken. Someone with the "scissors" squad crushes "paper," and then "paper" runs to the forum to call "scissors" broken. And so on.

The way I see it, Fives is a good counter to the old speed-damage teams. Because 90% of the players are still running their pre-update speed-damage team, they all have a bad match-up for Fives. The thinking goes, "My team was supposed to be the best, and this new guy just beat it, so he must be overpowered." If we were coming out of a healer/stunner meta, no one would think twice about Fives, because he'd play right into that team.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    Tau_Lambda wrote: »
    Omega fives isn't a problem. I take him down easy. You just have to build your team or alter you plan in matches accordingly.

Let me just get right on that. I'll go ahead and spend the next month getting a few more level 80s to combat him. O. Wait. They'll change the meta in a month. :-|
  • Options
    I would much rather face a Rex lead omega fives team than a dooku lead dps team.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I would much rather face a Rex lead omega fives team than a dooku lead dps team.

Exactly, because at least it's predictable and you can plan around it.
  • Options
    It works as written in the skill. Attack, infect, check, attack if infected.

That doesn't mean he won't be balanced.

Don't leave omega fives until last and bring some stun and heal. He's good but you can beat him quite easily.
    Why would you attack him first? He'd destroy your protection

I attack fives through the entire match and when a stun lands i focus on him. When i need healing i stop attacking fives. Fives only advantage is if you save him.for last.

+1 Exactly.... I use Fives myself, but if I see a team with Fives I will focus on them instead of a team with, let's say...RG, Rey, GS, Daka...

Stun Fives and attack...

• WDW
    23 posts Member
    Options
    Is this what happens every time a new toon becomes viable for arena? It certainly seems like lots of people wanted "diversity," but now that new toons are emerging in arena people are uninterested in changing strategies. If a new toon counters their primary squad's strategy, it must be "broken," "bugged," and "OP."

Does it even occur to people that their squad/strategy might just be a bad match-up for certain others? In this game of rock-paper-scissors, if you have the "rock" squad and go up against the "paper" squad, it doesn't mean "paper" is broken. Someone with the "scissors" squad crushes "paper," and then "paper" runs to the forum to call "scissors" broken. And so on.

The way I see it, Fives is a good counter to the old speed-damage teams. Because 90% of the players are still running their pre-update speed-damage team, they all have a bad match-up for Fives. The thinking goes, "My team was supposed to be the best, and this new guy just beat it, so he must be overpowered." If we were coming out of a healer/stunner meta, no one would think twice about Fives, because he'd play right into that team.

I was going to make this same point and agree with you 100% New changes, Devs said give them time it will add diversity to the game. It is now starting to do that and a character that was fairly is now worth a place in a squad people cry for nerfs.

Just find a different way of fighting the team ahead of you, with protection with offence that's not many teams that are not viable. I'm just glad to see more diversity in the PVP ladders and long may that continue.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Here's why people are so focused on Fives, he is one of the first to get the omega mat, just wait until we see a lot of other toons upgraded to omega, ability 8 is quite awesome on many toons
    Miyugai wrote: »
    Order matters,

GS states: deal physical damage to an enemy with 50% chance to gain offence up.

Deal damage -> gain offense up

Fives

Deal physical damage to a target enemy and Inflict speed down. If enemy is inflicted with speed down attack again.

Deal damage and inflict speed down. If that was successful attack again.

I don't even see the ambiguity.

Does fives attack if the toon is suffering from speed down and he fails to re-inflict it? If it's resisted he shouldn't attack.

For what it's worth, in spanish it says that he gets an additiinal attack on enemies with reduced speed, so not that clear. Then again, in spanish ig-86 unique says that he gets crit chance for each living jawa, so these descriptions are not very reliable...

Kill the translator
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    He deserves a nerf mainly due to his AI Defense even when you leave him for last, if it's a close game and it's also an Omega 5's then he can take out up to 3 of your remaining crew as his counter chance is insane
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You can also use yoda and there is no more omega bonus
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Fives can be a disaster for the opponent team if you don't have his counters, like Daka/RG maybe Yoda. And that's why i can't say that he needs a nerf. He has counters. Is he super strong and makes other characters look like jokes? Yes!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Fives can be a disaster for the opponent team if you don't have his counters, like Daka/RG maybe Yoda. And that's why i can't say that he needs a nerf. He has counters. Is he super strong and makes other characters look like jokes? Yes!

This, and more are comming, don't make another Barriss with "Fives"
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection