Timing of the update and Guild Activity Tier clarification - Megathread

Prev13
JohnSalera
311 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hi everyone -

I just posted a short announcement in the Developer Update section on these two topics:
  • Timing of the update
  • Guild Activity Tier info clarification

You can find the post here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31300/timing-of-the-update-and-guild-activity-tier-clarification?new=1

Looking forward to your questions and feedback.

Thanks!

---

Here are answers to some of the questions raised so far:
  1. Guilds may start to be created once the update starts to be available on Sunday evening, Pacific time.
  2. Guild Activities will be available as well.
  3. Jesse has posted the updated Guild Activity Tier info here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/31353/guild-activity-tiers#latest
  4. If you do actions tracked in a Guild Daily Activity *before* joining a Guild (or any time you're not in a Guild), those *do not* count to the Guild Daily Activity if you join a Guild afterwards. (I think that sentence makes sense. Let me know if not.)
  5. Daily Guild Activities are tied to the time zone of the original Guild Leader. It acts independently of your personal time zone.
Post edited by JohnSalera on

Replies

• Options
    I understand we will be able to get the update on Sunday evening PST in order to check it out early, prior to it being pushed on everyone on Monday. Nothing can/will start until the push is what has been said previously. Once it is pushed, does it start immediately or is there a time that EA/Devs have already decided on. When exactly is the push? 12:00AM PST on Monday? 1:00AM?

We need to know the exact time so we can coordinate with our guilds and be sure to save up energy etc leading up to the event start. My guild wants to start at the precise moment that it is available.

Thank you!
  • Options
    I'm sure they have a goal to get it done at a specific time, but there are factors that can't be controlled down to the minute. You never know what can happen when dealing with Servers/Data/3rd parties. The goal was probably as specific as anybody could be.
  • Options
    I understand that as I have an extensive programming background. BUT, It would be nice to know what that goal is...something better than nothing.
  • Options
    I'm sure they have a goal to get it done at a specific time, but there are factors that can't be controlled down to the minute. You never know what can happen when dealing with Servers/Data/3rd parties. The goal was probably as specific as anybody could be.

Its not much prep when they only give a release time hours before the update like the last one
  • Options
    Thanks Zama, it would be nice to have a little more notice of at least their goal...then if that needs to be adjusted, we can understand and that can be announced. But what's the goal here? No one should be caught off guard if things can be professionally communicated. I don't want to sit on full energy for two days, just using 10 at a time, wait for refill, use 10 again, wait for refill, use 10 again, wait for refill......that's terrible.
  • Options
    What is the earliest date/time PST that this will start?
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Thanks Zama, it would be nice to have a little more notice of at least their goal...then if that needs to be adjusted, we can understand and that can be announced. But what's the goal here? No one should be caught off guard if things can be professionally communicated. I don't want to sit on full energy for two days, just using 10 at a time, wait for refill, use 10 again, wait for refill, use 10 again, wait for refill......that's terrible.

Never a good idea to give specific Times. If they have any problems it just leads to "But you said it would be at THIS time, I planned my whole day around this!".

Also giving a specific time then having a problem and pushing it back, then another problem and having to push back, instead of just saying "releasing Sunday, Pushing Monday, do our best to get done ASAP" which is ALWAYS the idea.

Lol caught off guard by an update? Professional communication can only happen when time is a lock. It is not professional to give a specific time then to push back over and over when you have problems, it seems like you don't know what you are doing, but game updates are different since even the Dev team does not know what exactly will happen when deployed (if you have ever been apart of on-line updates, things usually go interesting).

Just because they can't give you exact specifics on timing so you can save the exact maximum amount of resources before the drop does NOT make them unprofessional.

O
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote this
    The update will be arriving THIS SUNDAY NIGHT (4/24/16, PST)
    I read this as somewhere between midnight and 6:00 AM Sunday

Edit: here is the announcement https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29985/raids-preview#latest
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Orions wrote: »
    KeyMan64x wrote: »

Never a good idea to give specific Times. If they have any problems it just leads to "But you said it would be at THIS time, I planned my whole day around this!".

Also giving a specific time then having a problem and pushing it back, then another problem and having to push back, instead of just saying "releasing Sunday, Pushing Monday, do our best to get done ASAP" which is ALWAYS the idea.

Lol caught off guard by an update? Professional communication can only happen when time is a lock. It is not professional to give a specific time then to push back over and over when you have problems, it seems like you don't know what you are doing, but game updates are different since even the Dev team does not know what exactly will happen when deployed (if you have ever been apart of on-line updates, things usually go interesting).

Just because they can't give you exact specifics on timing so you can save the exact maximum amount of resources before the drop does NOT make them unprofessional.

O
    If they have a goal, it can be stated as such!
    If they have absolutely no intent on this starting before Tuesday afternoon at the absolute earliest, they could tell us that. Simple communication would be most helpful. As a programmer that has a background in marketing and corporate communications, I understand this more than most. SOMETHING communicated is better than what we have currently! If it is possible for this thing to start at 12:00 AM PST on Monday they could let us know that as well. Then, beyond this very simple communication they could tell us to stay tuned on the forums for another update that will be posted at a specified time as we get closer etc. They CAN stick to a date/time for an announcement, or so I would hope. I am not asking for any guarantee. I am merely asking for the communication to begin. It's really that simple.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote this
    The update will be arriving THIS SUNDAY NIGHT (4/24/16, PST)
    I read this as somewhere between midnight and 6:00 AM Sunday

Edit: here is the announcement https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29985/raids-preview#latest
    I have read those OLD communications, thanks! An update of just about any sort would be appreciated at this point.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Last update was April 20th, do you want him to post every hour, that he have nothing new?
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Last update was April 20th, do you want him to post every hour, that he have nothing new?
    No, thank you. The weekend is upon us and it would be nice to get some type of communication prior to the weekend starting, especially since they are the ones that have us to believe that if the App is pushed to everyone on Monday...does that mean it is scheduled and it will be Monday morning at 12:00AM PST with us able to start at that exact moment? Some simple guidance today would be nice and then a quick update on Sunday would be appreciated. It's that simple!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse will probably come with an announcement at the weekly Community Update
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    How do we join a guild? I know there are guild leaders etc.. But will people in your allies list just invite you if they are leaders? Or I'm wondering if there will just be rooms where you can view current guilds and ask to join. I have a pretty solid team and am level 75 by the time guilds are out if anyone wants a solid recruit!
  • Options

Haha right? Calm your jets ppl. @Keyman64x maybe you should work for EA that way you'll know everything at any given second. Then we can attack you for not divulging "important" information quick enough
  • Options
    About tree fiddy?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rumor has it they are going to open it up 30 seconds before the Game of Thrones season premiere... Ya know just to see who the true fans are for both...
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Well the community update was just barely a notch above useless. We are told things start on Sunday now but that's it? What time frame on Sunday? Are we supposed to check every 10 minutes for 24 hours straight? Do you want our money or not? It's really this simple! @EA_Jesse Please read this thread and give us a little better than a 24 hour window.
  • Options
    Those guys are working on sundays ?
    They should rest
  • Options
    The way I read it is you can update Sunday evening but the important features won't be activated till it's pushed on Monday. And I doubt that many or anybody will be able to battle the Rancor on Monday.
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Dude just chill. We are all excited!!
  • Options
    I can't believe they haven't posted how it's supposed to work yet. As players, we'd like to plan and coordinate.

It's almost like they are afraid of posting anything if a certain confidence level isn't reached, for fear of the community backlash.
  • IamTex
    44 posts Member
    Options
    John,

Thanks for the update. That is useful.

Follow-up question -- When can guilds start to form? I'm assuming that is on Monday (after the back-end changes), but it would be helpful for you to clearly state that.

A lot of people are chomping at the bit to get their guild in place, so this is a key piece of information.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    John -

I for one appreciate both your comments and the adjustment to the guild activities. The fact that we won't have to simulate hundreds of lower-energy battles is a terrific and player-friendly change. If it's at all possible to let us know before tomorrow what the schedule of guild activities are (even without specifics of what we need to do) that would be extraordinarily helpful in terms of stockpiling and/or not wasting activity tomorrow that could be done in the evening after the guilds are live.

Thanks again for your team's hard work!
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Question though:

Does this mean we can start our guilds on Sunday in preparation for Monday? Or do we have to wait till Monday to start inviting? Sunday would be a better option so that guilds have time to get their roster in order before trying to attempt the dailies.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    "The second step will happen Monday morning......This step will require everyone to restart their game." Restart their game?!?!? This is not meant to be we lost Toons LeveLs Credits .... right !. Only Reboot right ! :*
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    "The second step will happen Monday morning......This step will require everyone to restart their game." Restart their game?!?!? This is not meant to be we lost Toons LeveLs Credits .... right !. Only Reboot right ! :*

Yes... They don't mean everyone starts a fresh game.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Thank you for listening and adjusting and then communicating.