When will GW be Fixed?

Prev13
Protection should never have been added to this mode, it makes no sense to have it at all. It doesn't help you, and it gives the AI a severe advantage, as if their guaranteed heal immunity, increased critical hit rate, insane number of assists with Phasma, increased stun rate, etc wasn't bad enough. It also makes most of your roster useless since protection doesn't activate until gear 7 and isn't even really useful until gear 8. Meanwhile the drop rates are ridiculously low so I can't boost many characters to make them viable again. GW is necessary given how scarce credits are, and I should not be penalized by an update. Updates should enhance the experience, not reduce them. The fact that this mode has not been fixed after all this time, after all the complaints, shows that the only objective with this game is money, and that is sad. You develop a game, but care little for the quality, and that is not a game people should spend money on. I certainly never will with this blatant disregard to the userbase.

Replies

• Magisto
    384 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but GW isn't any harder for me than before the update.
  • Options
    +1
    I already posted similar message. Protection without regeneration (once it's lost, which happens in one-two first bouts) makes little sense in a long-winged GW campaign.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I only have one and 3/4 "teams" I keep close to top gear and abilites. I have no problem with GW and I stay around 18-40 in arena. You definitely don't need a huge bench, but it helps to have a few other toons you can sub.

Gear up your tanks, because they can often give you a boost on a tough node.

E.g.: On a given node, I might easily win - while losing one or two toons or leaving the battle on low health. Even throwing in a zero protection Chewie as shark bait, I might win the same battle with 4 healthy toons, because I'm not trying to keep all 5 guys alive and ready for the next fight. It increases my options.
  • Options
    +1
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    GW is easier post-update.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I only have one and 3/4 "teams" I keep close to top gear and abilites. I have no problem with GW and I stay around 18-40 in arena. You definitely don't need a huge bench, but it helps to have a few other toons you can sub.

Gear up your tanks, because they can often give you a boost on a tough node.

E.g.: On a given node, I might easily win - while losing one or two toons or leaving the battle on low health. Even throwing in a zero protection Chewie as shark bait, I might win the same battle with 4 healthy toons.

I know how to play GW. I can't just get, level, and gear up tanks with the current system. I'm pretty sure their algorithms are screwing me over because I always get stuck with unwinnable battles. I keep seeing Darth Vader, Sid, Phasma, FOTP
  • Options
    What is your arena team power, and what is your GW team and power? Maybe you have an imbalance.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I still beat it every day but admit it got harder when my arena power went over 30k. I spent an hour and a half on it this morning.

It's doable but can be time consuming.
  • Options
    Kabbes wrote: »
    GW is easier post-update. Your game playing ability is bad and you should feel bad.

Giving the AI yet another advantage makes it easier? Maybe I should live in my parents basement so I can play better like you right?
  • Options
    FunnyDuck wrote: »
    What is your arena team power, and what is your GW team and power? Maybe you have an imbalance.

Same team give or take a couple swaps. 28,500 and I rank 20-50
  • Options
    GW is easier post-update. Your game playing ability is bad and you should feel bad.

I'd like for fun to re-post this node 8 gem.

http://imgur.com/1nPJJf8
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Once, I had to throw in a sacrificial Poe, and somehow I came out with all 5 guys in great shape.

This is the tank update, IMO. I have a Chewie, a Poe, and an RG, and they're all only 4 stars. Chewie doesn't even have protection, yet. And they are all extremely effective in GW. I'm level 70, BTW.
  • Ryro
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I lose maybe 2 chars per run, maybe 2 retreats at most too. Doesn't take too long and in fact I think I clean up much quicker than before... But I have improved my squad since the major update.
  • Options
    IMO, the GW experience has been improved with the update. It requires participants to diversify their roster to compete throughout. To be successful, you often have to construct a lineup based on the opponents you face in a given GW round. This requires thought and strategy, rather than rote button pressing.

I encourage the dev team in their pursuit of a more challenging, but manageable gameplay experience.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

Giving the AI yet another advantage makes it easier? Maybe I should live in my parents basement so I can play better like you right?

Lmao
  • Options
    cy1TCnJ.jpg

I just wish since we only get 1 shard a completion it be a toon we already unlocked.
  • Options
    @Nastynas91 you didn't post your GW team makeup. If you're having trouble with GW, and there are a lot of people (like me) who aren't, maybe it's your team composition?
    My Arena team is 28863, and my GW team is 28909. I haven't lost a GW for a very long time.
  • Options
    I think a lot that don't have trouble (like me) will when we face all omega teams
  • Hepps
    26 posts Member
    Options
    It simply takes too long to complete. Half the amount of fights would just be fine
  • Options
    FunnyDuck wrote: »
    @Nastynas91 you didn't post your GW team makeup. If you're having trouble with GW, and there are a lot of people (like me) who aren't, maybe it's your team composition?
    My Arena team is 28863, and my GW team is 28909. I haven't lost a GW for a very long time.

I use GQJ, Lumi, Sid, Savage, and GS in Arena. All level 72, gear 8

I use the five listed above and sub in ig 86 and JC in GW. More often swap out Savage for JC because of his heal. My problem is usually excessive targetting of one character and heal immunity taking out my characters in GW. Probably the algorithm giving me Sid almost every match
  • Options
    Datika wrote: »
    IMO, the GW experience has been improved with the update. It requires participants to diversify their roster to compete throughout. To be successful, you often have to construct a lineup based on the opponents you face in a given GW round. This requires thought and strategy, rather than rote button pressing.

I encourage the dev team in their pursuit of a more challenging, but manageable gameplay experience.

I'm all for diversity, but with the credit starvation I can't level and star up new characters. I'm forced to stick with some characters who are no longer viable
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    i think you are confusing CG's great game developing skill with your personal opinion.
    nobody forces you to keep playing this game if you don't like it. You can either stop playing or continue crying like a little wuss.
  • Options
    dvl009 wrote: »
    i think you are confusing CG's great game developing skill with your personal opinion.
    nobody forces you to keep playing this game if you don't like it. You can either stop playing or continue crying like a little wuss.

First off, I applaud your courage for trying to act tough on the internet. Keep doing what you're doing and you may actually graduate to having the balls to have a social life.

I can express my opinion and hope for change. If you like the game do you want it to get better or worse? I want it to get better. The devs want me to pay money. I refuse to as much as they refuse to improve the game
  • Options

Is it really necessary to be insulting? I'd much rather have you quit than the OP. That being said, I'm not sure what the fix needs to be. It takes just a bit longer to do GW now, but it isn't really harder.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    To post something constructive, I think with a very small improvement(s) GW is pretty close to being fun again: make all players regain a small -like 20%- protection while in the bench.
  • Options
    cy1TCnJ.jpg

I just wish since we only get 1 shard a completion it be a toon we already unlocked.

I've gotten 2 shards for completing GW before and I've also gotten Ugnaught, Mob Enforcer and Coruscant Police shards too.
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    another sensitive little wuss got triggered lulz
  • Options
    another sensitive little wuss got triggered lulz

Lulz at you still trying to fight over the internet. Your attempts are hilarious btw
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldnt mind it getting a little more difficult.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Protection limits the impact of healing, increases the importance of gear, and multiplies attrition.

The Devs are professionals, they know what they are doing.