Counter Chance, Bonus Attack and Damage Over Time

I know there is a megathread just for the glorious Count, but this is a little more of a general question. Should damage over time inflict every time a character acts until his turn(s) are up and the damage over time is resolved? Currently, characters who counter attack or bonus attack benefit from their positive buffs, so maybe damage over time should inflict upon every movement. After all, the intention of the damage over time buff is that a severe wound was placed on the character that cannot be immediately resolved. It seems to make sense to apply this damage to each action.

This could give an additional way to help counter the characters with counter and bonus attacks. Any thoughts?

(And if this was mentioned before, my apologies, relatively new to the boards)
Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Replies

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I know there is a megathread just for the glorious Count, but this is a little more of a general question. Should damage over time inflict every time a character acts until his turn(s) are up and the damage over time is resolved? Currently, characters who counter attack or bonus attack benefit from their positive buffs, so maybe damage over time should inflict upon every movement. After all, the intention of the damage over time buff is that a severe wound was placed on the character that cannot be immediately resolved. It seems to make sense to apply this damage to each action.

This could give an additional way to help counter the characters with counter and bonus attacks. Any thoughts?

(And if this was mentioned before, my apologies, relatively new to the boards)

Stun is already a counter to these. All you would be doing is using DPS to characters that apply DOTs, which escalates the damage curve.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I like the concept.

Dot right now is underpowered. I would wait to implement this idea until after Dot can kill. That might be enough to make Dot useful.