Is Sid worth the investment for lvl 80 dark side missions?

Hi all - I absolutely love my core dark side guys: GS, Daka, Dooku, RG (with plenty of ally Phasmas to chose from)

I always used Sid in the last spot but he doesn't seem to hold the same glory at 70-80 as in earlier levels. I'm wondering if I should continue to invest in him.

Does anyone have suggestions for that 5th spot that wouldn't be a waste of resources? Unless I want to go all in in droids, no one else is really jumping out at me that much as a good safe-bet that I'll use in other modes.

My low-level toons to chose from, in order of readiness:
- IG86
- Phasma
- Kylo
- HK47
- IG88
- Magmatrooper
- Asajj
- Poggle

I'm debating getting Boba or Savage but they don't seem like clear winners either :\

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    I have maxed phasma and savage and Sid as well as magma trooper.. They're all good for diff reasons, but I use savage and Sid as main guys so yes they are great. I like SIDS ability to block health regen. kylo has it too but for what I was farming it made more sense to get Sid initially. Once I have kylo maxed in months I'll potentially use him over Sid .
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Let me add savage is a beast and his level 8 moves with omega mats are ridiculous. He's a tank that hits like a non tank
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    He is OK for a Dark Sider, I guess...
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma, kylo, poggle, savage, NS initiate. Just because they can survive to the full battles.
  • Options
    Cleared 8-B hard node so far. My team is Dooku (L) (76 Gear 8) GS (76 Gear 9) Daka (76 Gear 9) Kylo (70 Gear 8) Sid (70 Gear 8). Always borrowing a geared and leveled Phasma.

I don't think you need to level him past gear 8 and 70.