I went from level 77 to level 1. Update went wrong. I have all my receipts.

$2400 in reciepts. I was signed into google play.

Replies

• Options
    Bump. Ive read and tried everything to recover my account. Nothing works.
  • Dreamwalk3r
    101 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Have you tried signing into your Play acc again? I mean, every advice you can get here will be quite obvious, and if you really already tried everything, you'd better contact support directly.
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    Do you try to uninstall and reinstall the game?
  • Options
    Yes on both. I was actually signed into google play when. This happened. I did sign out and sign back in to see if that worked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The customer service at both EA and Google play have been useless. The development team here have been nowhere to be found.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse please help me. Ive called and emailed everyone. I lost my account. It reset from level 77 to level 1. I've tried everything. I have all my receipts but google play and EA customer service keep giving me the run around.
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse please help me. Ive called and emailed everyone. I lost my account. It reset from level 77 to level 1. I've tried everything. I have all my receipts but google play and EA customer service keep giving me the run around. @CG_JohnSalera
  • Options
    If I may offer something, only because I went through the same thing recently.

I went from level 74 to level 33 and lost all my purchased crystals (probably $500 or $600 worth) and swore something had to have happened. I was signed in on Google Play, everything was normal, but I just lost months worth of time and a wallet's worth of money. However, the answer was simple and I was over thinking it. Apparently when I began playing SWGoH, I never was logged in on Google and was playing as a guest. As soon as I logged out of Google Play and logged in as a guest on the game, my progress, allies, and currency were all replaced. Naturally that led me to wonder whether or not I could link my guest progress with my Google account since I was farther along as a guest, but I was happy to know that the issue was on my end and easily cleared up with nothing lost in the end.

So have you tried logging in as a guest just cover that option and rule it out?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Only work around i have found is un installing update on google games to factory settings.. then logs me in at my current lvl 75
  • Options
    Thank you for your input guys. I will try anything. I'm at work but as soon as I get some free time
  • Options
    I was on the phone with Google Play for over an hour.
  • Options
    With all the new content and excitement surrounding the guilds I almost forgot who runs this game. Not that they would do it on purpose. But this is stupid
  • Options
    If I may offer something, only because I went through the same thing recently.

I went from level 74 to level 33 and lost all my purchased crystals (probably $500 or $600 worth) and swore something had to have happened. I was signed in on Google Play, everything was normal, but I just lost months worth of time and a wallet's worth of money. However, the answer was simple and I was over thinking it. Apparently when I began playing SWGoH, I never was logged in on Google and was playing as a guest. As soon as I logged out of Google Play and logged in as a guest on the game, my progress, allies, and currency were all replaced. Naturally that led me to wonder whether or not I could link my guest progress with my Google account since I was farther along as a guest, but I was happy to know that the issue was on my end and easily cleared up with nothing lost in the end.

So have you tried logging in as a guest just cover that option and rule it out?

I did try logging on as a guest also yes. This had something to do with the update because it happened at the exact time I updated the game
  • Options
    Google Play has made it very clear that they are willing to refund me. I guess that will be some benefit but I was really looking forward to guilds
  • Options
    e9aq37.jpg

From this
  • Options
    2v9spso.jpg

And this...
  • Options
    28wcqc5.png

And page after page of this....
  • Options
    2zz51zo.png

To this Bahahaha. With zero explanation from CG or EA. Great customer service as always.
  • Options
    your character isn't gone, you'll be fine, just might take a bit. Don't stress too much.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    your character isn't gone, you'll be fine, just might take a bit. Don't stress too much.

They have zero idea what happened. Like they are telling me old ways to restore lost accounts. This is something new with this update. Ty for trying to keep me positive, but I feel like someone just stole my car. And in this case, it's the guy who sold it to me.
  • Options
    :s
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EA Jesse got back to me and solved the problem. The key to my fixing my problem was to CHANGE MY GOOGLE PLAY NAME ( i.d.) I feel a bit foolish for my rant above. I'd delete it all, but I feel like this apology would mean less. I'm sorry EA and CG for overreacting. You changed my view on the customer service for this product. A special thanks to Jesse and John for returning emails and troubleshooting. Even though I was obviously freaking out. My guild took me back and I've been able to contribute. Better late than never.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Options
    EA Jesse got back to me and solved the problem. The key to my fixing my problem was to CHANGE MY GOOGLE PLAY NAME ( i.d.) I feel a bit foolish for my rant above. I'd delete it all, but I feel like this apology would mean less. I'm sorry EA and CG for overreacting. You changed my view on the customer service for this product. A special thanks to Jesse and John for returning emails and troubleshooting. Even though I was obviously freaking out. My guild took me back and I've been able to contribute. Better late than never.

Can you elaborate on the solution? My account is "gone" like yours was.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When I opened up the game. It asked me what account (google play) account I wanted to use. I only have one, so I clicked on that one. It just sent me to level one. It also gave me an option to change the name of my Google account. I kept clicking past it without changing it. I finally just changed it. It worked. The name I click on is still the same. But when I open the game and it welcomes me, it's the name I changed it to.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I know google play last update is broken, cause I can only play with my account if I go to settings, apps, and uninstall updates.
    If google play pushes the update again, it cannot find my profile and the game starts with the intro
  • Options
    I lost $4600 like this guy. I have all my receipts. Anyone have any advice.

I was level 82?!?
  • Options
    I lost $4600 like this guy. I have all my receipts. Anyone have any advice.

I was level 82?!?

Have you tried logging out and saying if it is your guest account?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    If it's android try changing the name of your playstore/google account. I can't explain how it worked. But it did.
This discussion has been closed.