Guild reward system

Prev13456
shampoo
442 posts Member
edited April 2016
So the top Ten people in the guild get the best loot boxes. So we really aren't "guild mates, we just get to compete with each other on who can throw the post crystal and press the sim screen the most. Why is this guild system set up for us to compete against each other? The leaderboard should just be for fun and as an accountability system to make sure no one is drafting along for a free ride. The guild should fight together and earn a reward together. I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way. This system just tries to get us to buy and throw more crystals around, well played good sirs.

https://imgur.com/a/I8V97
Here's the rewards table for the heroic raid. The Loot for anything below I think a tier v raid is pretty laughable.
Post edited by shampoo on

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. This is garbage.
  • Options
    So... your guild is basically like your Squad Arena shard, except that instead of crystals and Arena tokens, you get gear parts?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody understood why I was apprehensive before, but I bet they do now...
  • Finn
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Well we have an issue with our guild can u explain more about the rewards and why top 10 only get reward
  • bitmoji
    143 posts Member
    Options
    That is really not a good setup. I created the dads in space guild not knowing the rewards are structured in this competitiive manner.
  • Options
    Why not just recruit a bunch of noobs so you get max payout guarentee? After all, you can investigate their bench to target maximum weakness.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You still have to complete raids tho...
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    You can open up the raid tab, go to raids, select a raid, and then go to the reward tab at the top and it'll show the leader board rewards for raids. The top 3 get two boxes, and then it's tiered from there the bottom 9 (41+) get a crappy box. Even for the heroic raid where everyone will have to contribute, the bottom 9 will get a I think it was green mkIV box which has pretty crappy loot. The only box with good loot is the purple mk V - VI box and above, which holds the 50+ gear items like the cuffs and syringes. But like I said, only the top 9 will get those and the top 3 will get better stuff. Not sure why the whole guild won't just get one reward as we all work towards a goal, oh yah, it's because we won't get milked for crystals lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    If this is as described, it is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen made in a mobile game. We are supposed to be working WITH each other, not AGAINST each other.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    A house divided against itself cannot stand.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The good news is F2P guilds will not be affected much.
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It looks to me like everyone gets the 'tier reward' MK6 reward for heroic - the rank rewards are in addition to that.

Edit: I looked at it again and I was wrong. This is stupid.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Is that a joke? I'm F2P and finish #20-30 Squad Arena every day
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Why not just recruit a bunch of noobs so you get max payout guarentee? After all, you can investigate their bench to target maximum weakness.

If it's a bunch of noobs who don't contribute much you'll get lower tier prizes. First prize on tier 1 is crap compared to first prize on tier 6.

But I agree it feels like we'll be competing within the guild over who gets the best prizes. The whale guilds will literally be going broke all trying to get first place. lol
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

No joke...
    If nobody in your guild spends money, it evens the playing field.
    You have a better shot at #1.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

No joke...
    If nobody in your guild spends money, it evens the playing field.
    You have a better shot at #1.

You'll have a hard time beating the raid that way though. Here's a screen of the rewards table for raids.
    https://imgur.com/a/I8V97
  • Options
    Hmm, well that seems really terrible. They should have named it something other than guilds perhaps. People got the wrong impression.
  • Chapel
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, what a horrible idea. This has FAIL written all over it. That means the top 10 people will be getting the necessary gear to level up, which means it will be impossible to take their spot if they are the ones that are only gearing up. I can see a lot of people jumping guilds over this. Complete nonsense. Who cares if you finish a raid if you get crap rewards at the bottom of the pack.
  • Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options
    The whole idea you compete against your guild mates is bull shet. Again the devs w a half cooked plan to cash grab us.

So much for unobtainable gear problem being fixed. Pay up or you're stuck at gear 8!!!
  • TauDrah
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

• Options
    So... join a guild with a lot of strong players. Just make sure you're the best one in it?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    someone brought up a good point 2 days ago. there is no such thing as a full whale guild. why?
    because if there's a whale bigger than you, would you stick around in the guild to get sub par rewards when you can join a mixed player guild and earn top rewards? the guild structure is well designed imo.

think about later when gvg is introduced. do you want a full whale guild getting rank 1 every time? (they probably will quit and make a mega guild just for gvg perhaps...can't stop players from doing that) but if guilds are mixed for the reason I stated above, it's more fair across the board
    mighty chlorians
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I spent a bit, and will spend more, maybe I should start a guild instead of joining one?
  • Options
    I'm certain that the pushback from this cannot go unnoticed by the devs.

I was hoping that the gear rewards would be guild wide, with the higher contributors potentially gaining a little extra.

This system it boggles the mind.
  • Options
    So... join a guild with a lot of strong players. Just make sure you're the best one in it?

This. I'm in a level 70+ guild so everyone's fairly decent. Went to the roster list and sorted by power. I'm the strongest in the shard *cough* I mean guild so I'll see how it plays out compared to being top 20 in an elite guild.
    Tekken 7
  • NoSpoil
    32 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    '
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    someone brought up a good point 2 days ago. there is no such thing as a full whale guild. why?
    because if there's a whale bigger than you, would you stick around in the guild to get sub par rewards when you can join a mixed player guild and earn top rewards? the guild structure is well designed imo.

think about later when gvg is introduced. do you want a full whale guild getting rank 1 every time? (they probably will quit and make a mega guild just for gvg perhaps...can't stop players from doing that) but if guilds are mixed for the reason I stated above, it's more fair across the board

Getting 1st prize with a sub-par guild will be yield worse rewards than getting 11th place in a whale guild though.

For each tier the gear you get is ranked by what level it's for if you read all the descriptions. Higher tier = higher level prizes.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    @shampoo totally agree. We are guild mates and I already want to knock him out of his rank so I get more!! Competition internally is stupid. Maybe having a damage tracker for the guild is fine... but tying it to rewards is duuummbbb. Let me manage my guild mates.. if they are inactive I will boot em. I don't need the game managing who contributes and who doesn't.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »
    The good thing is on GW and complete all daily activites days everyone has a shot of getting first.
    reizse wrote: »

Getting 1st prize with a sub-par guild will be yield worse rewards than getting 11th place in a whale guild though.

For each tier the gear you get is ranked by what level it's for if you read all the descriptions. Higher tier = higher level prizes.

not necessarily. we'll have to see how it plays out. too many people complaining about something they haven't even tried yet. #millenials
    mighty chlorians
This discussion has been closed.