Yoda buffed?

Timitock
2844 posts Member
Yoda leadership grants 25 Tenacity and 25% TM for resisting effects... TM reduction can now be resisted...

Seems like a buff to offset dispellable Tenacity Up.

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    This is a joke and in no way makes up for the fact that tenacity up is dispellable. Why the fudge would anyone want Yoda as their leader?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Ok then, so you do not see how this could be really good vs people like STH, who try to mass debuff, but instead give your whole team TM? You dont see an advantage to your whole team getting 50% TM after a Sid AoE?

Btw, with tenacity up, thats +100% TM vs a Dooku basic and bonus attack 100% of the time.

But you are probably right, because that stuff isnt helpful at all, and nobody plays STH or Dooku.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yea id rather put Old Ben leader cause he is doing the same thing as Yoda. Only better, because we are talking about dodge here, even tho you get 'only' 20% TM from Ben. So i fail to see the usefulness of this move. Yoda is still best with QGJ lead if you want to use him imo.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Ok then, so you do not see how this could be really good vs people like STH, who try to mass debuff, but instead give your whole team TM? You dont see an advantage to your whole team getting 50% TM after a Sid AoE?

Btw, with tenacity up, thats +100% TM vs a Dooku basic and bonus attack 100% of the time.

But you are probably right, because that stuff isnt helpful at all, and nobody plays STH or Dooku.

As you spelled out, Yoda COULD be a viable leader in arena. Besides STH and Dooku, there are a lot of other toons that give debuffs. Old Ben, Savage, 5s (not having slow basically prevents his double attack), Sid as you mentioned, STH, Poe, Phasma, RG, Lumi, Daka, Koth, and the list goes on and on. Too bad none of these are used in competitive arena huh? Looks like it's worth a try anyway. Just to resist all of the stunning going on in arena would be worth it.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

As you spelled out, Yoda COULD be a viable leader in arena. Besides STH and Dooku, there are a lot of other toons that give debuffs. Old Ben, Savage, 5s (not having slow basically prevents his double attack), Sid as you mentioned, STH, Poe, Phasma, RG, Lumi, Daka, Koth, and the list goes on and on. Too bad none of these are used in competitive arena huh? Looks like it's worth a try anyway. Just to resist all of the stunning going on in arena would be worth it.

Don't think it's worth it against Dooku. You risk getting stunned on exactly Yoda and you lose the advantage you thought you had.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Don't think it's worth it against Dooku. You risk getting stunned on exactly Yoda and you lose the advantage you thought you had.

Maybe, unless the stun is resisted (because of the extra 25% tenacity. ) The question is whether or not that 25% tenacity is enough to be effective in resisting the stun from dooku? Again, I think it would be worth a try.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Maybe, unless the stun is resisted (because of the extra 25% tenacity. ) The question is whether or not that 25% tenacity is enough to be effective in resisting the stun from dooku? Again, I think it would be worth a try.

I will try. You try too if you have Yoda. But i will try tomorrow already exhausted my arena for today.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Wait...one question, who gets the TM? Yoda himself, one from your team or all the team?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

I will try. You try too if you have Yoda. But i will try tomorrow already exhausted my arena for today.

The only problem is that my yoda's leader ability is at level 3. It will be to the weekend until I have enough purple to give to him (and I already had plans with some of them). Maybe someone else has a maxed leader Yoda to try?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Mine's at 3 as well. But checking his description it says Jedi allies get that. So unless you have full team of Jedis, Ben is better. I don't think i will try now.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    My Eeth Koth and Mace Windu are not worth putting in arena even if they would get 50% TM every turn without resisting anything. They're that bad imo!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    LOL You're right. Nevermind. I won't be trying it because I don't have a Jedi team. I can't believe I missed that!