Idea - Character Reset tokens

Hey, people!

It would be great if we could occasionally get these kind of tokens to fully reset a hero and get back the invested gear, mats and droids.
These could be a reward for the 'login every day for a month' achievement instead of the credits which it gives now (or maybe a daily login reward instead of one or two which give credits). Or these should be obtainable for like 1 million credits or something.

What's your opinion about this idea?

Replies

• Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Why would I give something that just saves you possibly thousands of crystals, so you can shift from char to char, instead of having to grind each character by itself (sometimes with a pack to speed up things).

Any idea that causes CG to make less money and isn't pushing away people from the game, I think has little chance of even being considered.

Many of the suggestions I read are about trying to convince CG to give more - for less profit in return.

But I do think they need to implement this feature for when they decide to nerf a character significantly. One thing is a little balancing effort. But if something deeper pops, then being able to ungear the char avoids a lot of frustration and adverse reactions. I know this since after Barris I have't yet spent a dime. I will occasionally buy some Crystals, but if I had a chance to ungear, I would have felt in control if my "investments".
    Post edited by Preemo_Magin on
  • Options
    I agree with Preemo, these tokens would be a very good Idea for when a toon gets significantly nerfed. CG can nerf to their hearts content if I can take back my gear, mats, and xp. I'm fine with the idea of a nerf to maintain game ballance, but we should be able to decide if a significantly nerfed toon is still worth the resources put into it.
  • Options
    I think resetting a character completely is a little too much. Coding the removal and deconstructing of gear components, removing gear levels, and deleveling of characters seems quite complex and may actually hurt the game in the long run without the "challenge" of new characters to work on. It should be an investment to level a character, gear it up, and level up the skills.

Perhaps making crystal shipments available to reset 1 skill (recovering ability materials) would be a start however. Especially when documentation isn't always readily available with the tier costs and upgrade benefits of each tier, or sometimes you skill up the character but realize that its function doesn't work as well as you hoped.

With a character balancing reset, I understand the viewpoint of wanting a reset, but I still don't see it as needed if they balance characters properly! If changes were smaller, more incremental, and thoroughly tested with the new balance changes, rather than dramatic changes all at once, then I think people wouldn't feel that a character was 1/2 of what it formerly was.
  • Options
    Kyuu2 wrote: »
    I think resetting a character completely is a little too much. Coding the removal and deconstructing of gear components, removing gear levels, and deleveling of characters seems quite complex and may actually hurt the game in the long run without the "challenge" of new characters to work on. It should be an investment to level a character, gear it up, and level up the skills.

Perhaps making crystal shipments available to reset 1 skill (recovering ability materials) would be a start however. Especially when documentation isn't always readily available with the tier costs and upgrade benefits of each tier, or sometimes you skill up the character but realize that its function doesn't work as well as you hoped.

With a character balancing reset, I understand the viewpoint of wanting a reset, but I still don't see it as needed if they balance characters properly! If changes were smaller, more incremental, and thoroughly tested with the new balance changes, rather than dramatic changes all at once, then I think people wouldn't feel that a character was 1/2 of what it formerly was.

"Coding the removal and deconstructing of gear components, removing gear levels, and deleveling of characters seems quite complex" - It's actually trivial. Each item corresponds to an item ID in the database. It's as simple as just resetting the character back to how they come by default, then giving back the items associated with the gear and ability mats. Just by the way that shards work, you'd probably have to just leave them on the character and not return them, but everything else would be easy.

I do agree that ability mats are really the only use for this sort of thing. The only gear that's difficult to get is the last 1 or 2 levels, and the rest is just gold. And as far as there not being readily available information as far as cost/benefit analysis goes, there's this;
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/darth-sidious/
    which only doesn't have the costs. And IIRC, the costs are the same for every level across every character. E.G. Level 2 upgrade costs 3 lvl 1 mats, level 3 upgrade costs 4 lvl 1 and 4 lvl 2 ability mats, Lvl 4 upgrade costs the same as level 3 plus 3 lvl 3 mats, etc..
  • Options
    "Coding the removal and deconstructing of gear components, removing gear levels, and deleveling of characters seems quite complex" - It's actually trivial. Each item corresponds to an item ID in the database. It's as simple as just resetting the character back to how they come by default, then giving back the items associated with the gear and ability mats. Just by the way that shards work, you'd probably have to just leave them on the character and not return them, but everything else would be easy.

I do agree that ability mats are really the only use for this sort of thing. The only gear that's difficult to get is the last 1 or 2 levels, and the rest is just gold. And as far as there not being readily available information as far as cost/benefit analysis goes, there's this;
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/darth-sidious/
    which only doesn't have the costs. And IIRC, the costs are the same for every level across every character. E.G. Level 2 upgrade costs 3 lvl 1 mats, level 3 upgrade costs 4 lvl 1 and 4 lvl 2 ability mats, Lvl 4 upgrade costs the same as level 3 plus 3 lvl 3 mats, etc..

Sorry, I was thinking of individually deconstructing each item into the unit components to be used for whatever combination of item you want. So those components that take multiple crafts would be a pain to worry about deconstructing. As for materials, it seems to be based on if the ability is basic attack vs special vs leader for its cost. For example 5->6 on a basic is 10/9/6 materials, 5->6 on special is 8/7/5, 5->6 on leader is 6/5/4. I'm sure it's not difficult to find this information somewhere on the internet, but cost benefit is difficult to determine without the math to backup abilities at times. An attack that says Deal physical damage to target enemy may be a different amount for every single character even if their physical damage stat is identical. Some things might say yeah +5% damage and that's easy to calculate, but the secondary effects is sometimes difficult to weigh in value without practical application.

I appreciate the link though. :smile: