Teebo + Ewoks Nerf

Prev1
GuardArminus
137 posts Member
edited April 2016
Since the update, Teebo has a bug.
Even though he is invisible, his ability with his primary attack doesnt work in most cases.

Also, since the update, my Ewok-Team that should be attacking often, (i guess thats why they have such a low attack) is missing my opponents so often... Please fix this. Something happened in the time in between, before the update, i had at least 60 % of my attacks hit my opponents, now im at around 30 %...

Replies

• Options
    This is a bug 'fix'. All toons can now resist TM removal so Teebo now only works occasionally.

Very annoying for Ewok owners!
  • Options
    A bugfix? In the Description, it says "Teebos Attack WILL remove" Also, the opponents resist his other attack where the buffs get removed. So annoying!
    I first upped my rebel Team to the max. Then the Droids. Now the Ewoks + RG.
    Will there be a day when i will have a team that doesnt get nerfed?
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Apparently a CG dev posted ages ago that automatic TM removal was a bug that would be fixed in the future. Nobody saw the post though as it was hidden away in a minor thread.

But now we get the 'fix'.

To be fair Teebo is now boosted by being immune to counter attacks when stealthed.
  • Options
    Well... if he hits ;)
    Since today, even fighting Chewie as leader feels like fighting dooku....
  • Options
    Seems like I can stop wasting energy on an ewok team now. That was a major reason why they were usable. Without it they are just an incredibly weak team :(
  • Options
    Teebo lead would be a great counter to counter teams though. I have had mine stealth entire squad before, so if facing fives and Dooku, they can be effective. Imagine stealthing Rey, who gets a buff for being in stealth, and hitting Dooku, who cannot retaliate.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    This is such bull. There are so many toons that 50-90% of teams use, yet they leave them alone, nerfing the toons that the 1% of people use instead. 1 person in my top 100 uses ewoks (me), "oooh they're far to good, got to nerf them", 90% of my shard has qgj... This is why theres no variation, where on earth is the logic behind making someone hardly anyone uses worse? Do they want no one to use him.

That was a huge staple of the ewok team, which is now useless.

I didnt buy the ewok pack, but i would be fuming if i did. Gotta love the cheek of someone selling an ewok pack and then the next day nerf the ewoks :,) oh my.
  • Options
    Algren wrote: »
    This is such bull. There are so many toons that 50-90% of teams use, yet they leave them alone, nerfing the toons that the 1% of people use instead. 1 person in my top 100 uses ewoks (me), "oooh they're far to good, got to nerf them", 90% of my shard has qgj... This is why theres no variation, where on earth is the logic behind making someone hardly anyone uses worse? Do they want no one to use him.

That was a huge staple of the ewok team, which is now useless.

I didnt buy the ewok pack, but i would be fuming if i did. Gotta love the cheek of someone selling an ewok pack and then the next day nerf the ewoks :,) oh my.

I feel your pain brother.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I think they just want everyone to use dooku.
  • Options
    I'm on android so didn't get the Ewok event but have been steadily farming them for months. Spent 500k credits levelling up Teebo yesterday - thought it was a good investment given his potential use in the level 8 LS missions and new tank challenge!

Oh well, they are still the most fun (and furry) team there is....
  • Options
    Ugh. This hurts Ewoks a lot. Less tm reduction means more EE getting hit and killed which makes Ewoks much easier to defeat.
  • Options
    Disappointed in this... Agree with OP

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Another stupid decision! Everyone sees how a team can perform great, many become interested even though two of the team are hard to farm, people invest money into the team, EA sells parts of the team in a charity event to help promote the team synergy......AND THEN EA F' ING DESTROYS THE TEAM?! Are you freaking kidding me? How does this logic make any sense within any realm of decision making?!

Mirrors my thoughts.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Might be wise to, you know, TRY the changes for a while before passing judgement.

We dont give the Devs enough credit for being professionals who are passionate about Star Wars.
  • GizOne
    150 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Tenacity is against debuffs... Why would a toon resist to a TM reduction ? It's nonsense to me.

Edit : And this is not in the patch note @EA_Jesse !
  • Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    Teebo lead would be a great counter to counter teams though. I have had mine stealth entire squad before, so if facing fives and Dooku, they can be effective. Imagine stealthing Rey, who gets a buff for being in stealth, and hitting Dooku, who cannot retaliate.

So if all stealth, they cant counter anybody back? They skip a turn or something?
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    GizOne wrote: »
    Tenacity is against debuffs... Why would a toon resist to a TM reduction ? It's nonsense to me.

TM reduction is a debuff, and therefore resistable.
    There were comments it was a bug and would be fixed.
  • Options
    Cool, fix the debuff without fixing description. At least give us a % like QGJ ability 8 description. Then we know what's in the cards at least.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    GizOne wrote: »

Hey I recognize you from our shard!

Would you please stop attacking me? :# lol
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Might be wise to, you know, TRY the changes for a while before passing judgement.

We dont give the Devs enough credit for being professionals who are passionate about Star Wars.

The issue with trying the changes is that to really test it out, you would need a viable arena team to see if it affects them much. To do that you have to have ES and EE at a reasonable star amount which takes months. Now, I will just stop farming them and see what the current Ewok arena team owners say. No use wasting time on it otherwise.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Cool, fix the debuff without fixing description. At least give us a % like QGJ ability 8 description. Then we know what's in the cards at least.

ALL debuffs can be resisted, by definition.
    The percentage you are referring to is the chance to even proc to begin with.
    The two numbers are seperate and different.
  • Options

ALL debuffs can be resisted, by definition.
    The percentage you are referring to is the chance to even proc to begin with.
    The two numbers are seperate and different.

I hear you there. It's not like Ewoks are running amok in the top of the arena though. The updates so far have been trying to restore balance and this slew of bug fixes are starting to undo all of it. Nightsisters - done, not competitive anymore. Ewoks - on the downward spiral. FO is a lot less powerful than they used to be as well. Synergy teams are still dead. Unless you have droids.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I have been testing it today. It is still a useful ability but not something you can build an entire strategy around, as it used to be. With the old ability, a Teebo lead could pretty much single-handedly take down any single boss by never letting them have a go (but this was balanced by the fact that it is much less use against multiple enemies).
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Of course this happens, I just added a 6th * to Teebo yesterday!! I loved his TM manipulation which is why I started going after him...

Also just starred up 5's and they nerf him. This is getting so old!! F2P and having to change characters means longer and longer grinds as levels go up.
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    @ASD_Dad - I am FTP as well and have pretty much given up on chasing the meta toons and just sticking with what I have and just farming the toons I like. I am going to continue farming ewoks simply because my kids like watching them play (e.g. Chirpa's ability where they all charge in to attack one enemy at once)

So play for fun is my new mantra for my ewok team...
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I've been playing for fun for a while now and have been collecting more than going after ranks. Still isnt cool when they keep nerfing characters like Teebo! He isnt used that much (that I have seen). I like my Ewok team and I agree that my kids love seeing Chirpa send the whole squad after somebody!
  • Options

Maybe you are right. But since my Droids Team, my Rebels Team (Ackbar, Han, JC, Luke and Biggs, 7* and IX) were not able to get me run through the Galactic War, the Ewoks got me far, even though it took a looooot time. And resets.

Since this update today, i cant even get a good run in the Galactic war. Ewoks attack, counter goes to RG, RG dies, Ewok revives, cant reduce TM, so RG dies Again, Chirpas heal doesnt help anymore... Well, i have to wait 7 rounds for another revival. Im F****D!
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Seems like I can stop wasting energy on an ewok team now. That was a major reason why they were usable. Without it they are just an incredibly weak team :(

Makes perfect sense why I just bested a Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Lumi, QGJ team 6200 squad power higher than me with my Ewok squad plus RG. Make no mistake bud, they aren't nerfed. :)
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

Makes perfect sense why I just bested a Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Lumi, QGJ team 6200 squad power higher than me with my Ewok squad plus RG. Make no mistake bud, they aren't nerfed. :)

I think you didnt got what this is about. Its about the TM. This really makes Teebo ... Well, just try for yourself, you will see..
  • Options
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    Of course this happens, I just added a 6th * to Teebo yesterday!! I loved his TM manipulation which is why I started going after him...

Also just starred up 5's and they nerf him. This is getting so old!! F2P and having to change characters means longer and longer grinds as levels go up.

I'm afraid you could be right.
    Not only that they changed since the update before this one, that you cant get some abilities higher, now they are trying to make you collect as many characters as possible.

So, the strategy is:

- Show them you can get further and let the players collect
    - Update and make them not get any further, but instead, make the GW longer and force them to have more than 3 superb-squads, so you can INCREASE the whole Game-Time AND DECREASE the need for new content
    - Wait some months until they have everything
    - Close the servers and be happy that the players needed every character and payed money