TIE Fighter's Union Pub

Speakender
108 posts Member
edited April 2016
Hello, I'm Speaker Katila. Welcome to the guild. I'm a daily player with about $200 invested. I usually pick up the 21 day crystal pack once it expires. My playing habits are 1 cantina refresh, and 2 energy refreshes every day. I've got a fairly decent roster with a few gear 9 guys (Barriss, EK, Yoda, Daka).

Not sure if this matters, but I'm in Central Time (CST/-6GMT). Current reset time for me is 7pm (5pm Western, 8pm Eastern) due Daylight Savings Time.

Looking to promote officers this week. Also, looking for insight on raids. We need 30000 guild coins to start the first raid. While it might be fun, it's only another 12000 (42000 total) to open up the tier 4 Raid. Do we do want the first tier raid to gage difficulty, or try a harder one sooner?
Post edited by Speakender on

Replies

• Speakender
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Also, for anyone looking to join a guild, we still have slots. Casual, but daily players wanted. F2P welcome. TIE Fighter's Union is the official name...

All spots are filled. However, interest in joining will be examined. Players with zero contributions will be booted at the end of the week.
  • Options
    TIE Fighter's Union needs some input on the raid.

Please read above, as well.

We need 30000 to start the lowest level teir. Do we want to do that one right away, or save for a higher teir? Given that a large portion of our guild is under 70, I'm recommending we start with the teir 1 raid. Any thoughts here?
  • Options
    I'd say to aim for T2 or T3. It looks like most are between 60 and 70 and I'd think everyone should have at least gear level 5 on their primary characters.
  • Options
    Ok, I agree with this logic. I'd like to get more input, too. I know everyone is anxious to get a raid started.
  • Options
    Important: I'll be performing a guild cleansing tomorrow morning. Any players with zero total contributions by tomorrow morning will be booted from the guild. While I don't want/need hardcore devotion to the guild or game, I'd like players to at least participate in guild needs, for the good of everyone else in the guild.
  • Options
    Im good for doing any tier raid that suits the clan as a whole
  • Options
    Thanks, Viper. I'm going to see if anyone has completed a raid yet to gage the difficulty. That's one advantage of not going first.
  • Options
    Here's a brief breakdown for the Raids
    T1: 1* Toons, Gear III, lvl 30 --> 30000 GC
    T2: 2* Toons, Gear IV, lvl 40 --> 34000 GC
    T3: 3* Toons, Gear V, lvl 50 --> 38000 GC
    T4: 4* Toons, Gear VI, lvl 60 --> 42000 GC
    T5: 5* Toons, Gear VII, lvl 70 --> 46000 GC
    T6: 6* Toons, Gear VIII, lvl 80 --> 55000 GC
    T7: 7* Toons, Gear IX, lvl 80 -->COMPLETED T6 RAID.

As a guild, I think we can do the T3 or T4 raid. Most of our players are low 60s, but I want input from as many members as possible.
  • Options
    I agree completely with the logic of going for either Tier 2 or 3 to start, with my own preference probably leaning toward 3.
  • Options
    I'd go for T3 to allow everyone to participate broadly.
  • Options
    I'm personally leaning towards tier 3. Our single Mol Eliza player also agrees, since he works in the same office as myself.
  • Options
    Do we know if unlocking higher tiers unlocks lower tiers? Or is it strictly on a per tier basis?
  • Options
    It appears that the only restricted tier is 7, which requires a tier 6 completion.
  • Speakender
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Line group created for better communication.

Join at: http://line.me/R/ti/g/QakGaTuEFZ

Line should be available for iOS and Android. App is free. I don't have much experience with it, but I have been involved in other guilds that were using this app for communication.
  • Options
    T3 Raid will begin as soon as we hit 38000. Only 1000 left to go!
  • Options
    Raid has started, and is well underway. Good job guild-mates!
  • Speakender
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Officer Promotions details

I know of I may have changed the outward description of this, but the end result for I want out of an officer has not. I'm looking for 2 primary qualities.
    1: participation in guild activities above the average guild member. Thus, I'll looking at the top performers for guild coins, guild bank, raid damage, and other stats to determine the top players in the guild.

2: communication. If you haven't been on the forum, chatted with other players, or setup line, don't be surprised if you get passed over.

Lastly, I'd like 2-4 officers, but I am under no obligation to promote. Officers will have earned the role, not have it given to them without thought. I may also demote players who act unbecoming of an officer, cease to participate in guild activities and raids, or fail to communicate with the rest of the guild.

Chat with me on line, guild chat, or comment on the forum. Thanks!
  • Options
    Working on getting line setup, for some reason my phone hates the app, but I'll get it working by this weekend. Like the direction we are heading, definitely need everyone to pull their weight so only a few are carrying others! Can't wait for the next raid!
  • Options
    Yeah, for the most part, it's going pretty good. I've cleared out a few players, already.
  • Options
    Speakender wrote: »
    Do we do want the first tier raid to gage difficulty, or try a harder one sooner?

Check with your guild, but I would recommend waiting. The easier one doesn't take very long or need as many members to fight. The whole guild might not get to play.

• Options
    Speakender wrote: »
    Do we do want the first tier raid to gage difficulty, or try a harder one sooner?

Check with your guild, but I would recommend waiting. The easier one doesn't take very long or need as many members to fight. The whole guild might not get to play.

Thanks. This is our guild forum posts, so that was the question posed to the guild.