Really? 50! really?!

Skye
795 posts Member
edited December 2015
Recently got my HK to gear level 7 and I started looking at the requirements for level 8 even though we won't be able to gear many of those items til the level cap is raised...

So what do I find?.. I find one item that needs 50 (fifty) Mk 3 Carbanti sensor arrays! It's bad enough that you need a 20x Mk5 sorosub Keypad prototype salvages each for a lot of items required to bring various characters to gear level 7...

I want to know who in their right mind thought pressing sim button like 250 times on a node to get crafting components required to make items was fun ?
Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
Post edited by Skye on

Replies

• Options
    Could you bring HK to gear lvl 8 without having a level above 60?
  • Options
    EliasLund wrote: »
    Could you bring HK to gear lvl 8 without having a level above 60?

Not currently

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Getting up to the second purple gear lvl is extremely hard. I wonder if it is worth it.
  • Options
    Yup late game progression takes a while.
  • Options
    EliasLund wrote: »
    Getting up to the second purple gear lvl is extremely hard. I wonder if it is worth it.

Absolutely. I got Consular to the second epic tuer and it was a noticeable difference in his performance.
  • Options
    I can totally fix this for you..

if you don't want to press the Sim button you can always just play out the fights yourself.

Glad to be of help.
  • Options
    Thanks @BentWookie.

You saved my life!!!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »

if you don't want to press the Sim button you can always just play out the fights yourself.

Glad to be of help.

actually you failed to help! I want the name of the dude who thought this idea was a good idea... Until you can do that, you are of no help. ;)

• Options
    Skye wrote: »

Glad to be of help.

actually you failed to help! I want the name of the dude who thought this idea was a good idea... Until you can do that, you are of no help. ;)

Sorry, could not resist.. It really is shocking the increase.

I thought a million credits per level up was bad, but that is the easy part. :s

• Options
    Just wait. This game is going to turn into Atlantica Online and other korean games. All of us will be watching from the sideline as the top dogs who have dropped $10-20-50K USD duke it out
  • Options
    I want to know who in their right mind thought pressing sim button like 250 times on a node to get crafting components required to make items was fun ?

Not fun....... Lucrative.....
  • Options
    Cleaner wrote: »
    Just wait. This game is going to turn into Atlantica Online and other korean games. All of us will be watching from the sideline as the top dogs who have dropped $10-20-50K USD duke it out

Sadly, you're probably correct. It'll be then when others will understand why I complain about the pricing...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options

Glad to be of help.

Sorry, could not resist.. It really is shocking the increase.

I thought a million credits per level up was bad, but that is the easy part. :s

Ain't that the truth! Some of the gear V (and higher) items need upwards of 20 items each to craft and each gear level it goes up, it seems the total number of items you need goes up exponentially. Credits isn't too hard to come by, but these gear items is all down to RND, and as we all know most of the time it's not in your favor!

And I was being optimistic with the 250 assessment required for 50 items! I've heard of people easily spend over 200 energy (roughly 25-30 attempts) trying to get one of twenty purple crafting items and failing to get even one!

• Options
    Yeah it's not so much the quantity that you need that's the problem but how hard they make it to acquire. They can either increase drop rates or add another way to acquire them that's dependable
  • Options
    Well it's equally hard for everyone and this is clearly set up this way in order to set a pace for the game. A maxed out character is a boring character. Only real problem I have with it is that it takes such a long time gearing up a newly acquired character to a level where it's actually useful.
  • Options
    Ayla requires 120 purple pieces + others to get to gear level 7
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Ayla requires 120 purple pieces + others to get to gear level 7

Most characters need roughly 120 crafting items to hit gear level 7, some items even at that level also need around 40 crafting items for one item which is bordering on just ridiculous... But 50 for one single item at lvl 8 is just getting beyond words

• Options
    I thought it was pretty easy to get purple gear :D.
  • Options
    The gear difficulty begins at Level 6 and gets insane once you're at Level 7. When I saw the parts needed to advance, I changed my strategy to just let time pass until I have the proper gear. What I do now with new characters is purposely farm up to Level 7, then let it ride on fate from that point forward. Grinding for gear is an expensive process of endless refreshes. I'd much rather keep farming shards instead and then when gear levels and mats get to the level, I'll pick and choose who to upgrade....
  • Options
    hopefully they will add double mat days (some games do that)
  • Options
    @ioniancat, I started to do the sane. It's become so excruciatingly boring to Wait a day to Sim Sim Sim a Sub sorosar mkII prototype - even the sames are boring and the lineup of things seems like arbitrary names without any logic-pure plain boring grind.

I am a bit worried about the game, though happy I might get bored soon and while I can't "ungear" my time spend, the game seems designed for my money, not my joy. Buy hey, we somehow like this?
  • Options
    The gear difficulty begins at Level 6 and gets insane once you're at Level 7. When I saw the parts needed to advance, I changed my strategy to just let time pass until I have the proper gear. What I do now with new characters is purposely farm up to Level 7, then let it ride on fate from that point forward. Grinding for gear is an expensive process of endless refreshes. I'd much rather keep farming shards instead and then when gear levels and mats get to the level, I'll pick and choose who to upgrade....

Good plan =)

What i'm doing is seeing what Mats i need and the character's i'm farming, for example i'm (slowly) farming FOTP, turns out one of his upgrade mats to get to 7 is the same stage as his shard so every little bit helps!
  • Options
    This is getting ridiculous. Drop rate is already very low. Who the hell thinks that farming 50 pieces for one whole week is fun or rewarding some way?

It's just going to be repetitive, boring and makes me think why I wasting time on those everyday no rewarding repetitive tasks.
  • Jsnazz
    349 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I want the name of the dude who thought this idea was a good idea... Until you can do that, you are of no help. ;)
    I'm guessing they wanted to delay the player from getting way to powerful at such a short rate and more sim spam = more money to burn. So its win-win scheme to make even more money for them.