Navigation and Lookups need Improvements

Kevez
148 posts Member
edited April 2016
A tedious thing for me, prior to the guild update was that the crafting lookup/ reverse lookup seemed incomplete. Now that the guild update has come into effect, it seems like the general navigation of this game could use some touch ups to improve the efficiency and flow for the users.
When the craft lookups were changed the first time it was a huge improvement. It allowed searches and took away the crazy amount of layers you would need to craft in each recipe. The addition of icons for which character required the gear was much appreciated. I still found that certain aspects really annoyed me. The most annoying reason for me is that even if 10 characters need the same piece of gear, the icons for who required that gear would only show up if the gear was required in a character's current gear tier AND that character was a high enough level for that gear to be equipped. For example, when looking up a blastech weapons mod, the icons would only show up for characters that were at least level 53, even though characters who I was more interested in gearing up, but were below level 53 would have an orange cross in their gear slot (symbolizing that the gear could be equipped once I leveled the unit up). It is annoying when making decisions to not be able to view all characters that will need that gear to complete their current gear tier. Note: I am not asking for it to be viewable that a unit requires gear in future gear tiers. The other annoying search function occurs when you are farming multiple characters in a row. I am trying to finish my ewok team, so, every new day, the first thing I do is sim the hard nodes for EE and ES. I go to my roster, click elder, find shards, sim, then hit back to the possible locations, back again to elder's character screen, then back a third time to my roster page, but nope, it goes straight to the home page instead of the roster. If you did everything the same, but did not sim or battle, it would allow you to hit back to the charcter's page and back to the roster.It is trivial, but it is really inefficient and not so intuitive and it really bugs me.
On a similar note, anytime I want to go to the guild page I need to scroll left. Fair play. Except that there are like 15 different things you can do that return you to the home screen instead of the guild page. Oh hey, super cool new feature allows you to check your allies and guildmates' rosters. Home screen. Scroll to guild. Check next roster. Home screen. Scroll. Repeat...
Unless I hit the home button I should be brought back to the page I was on.
The last suggestion/ complaint is that within the guild page you can look at your daily activities even though "personal guild contribution" is the only relevant info. It is another home screen trapdoor, btw. I think if you go to view you dailies via the activities button on the home screen, that you should be able to navigate to the guild activities page by clicking on your personal guild contribution. Just my two cents.
Let me know if this stuff has bugged you as well.
Post edited by Kevez on

Replies

• Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps the timing of this post wasn't great since it is right after a major update, but does this UI stuff not bug anybody else?
  • Kevez
    148 posts Member
    Options
    After spending more time on the guild screen, I have noticed that the UI also makes it difficult to organize the guild if you are in any type of leadership role. I made a guild because my friend was having issues with the buggy start, immediately transferred leadership to him and became an officer. As such, I feel obligated to welcome people as they join and answer questions on the chat. There aren't any indications that a member joined, when they joined, or how many members there are (it gives a fraction, but the numerator is members+pending invites). In my opinion, if you are a leader or an officer you should get a red notification on the guild page or at least the manage page and an indicator next to the names on any new guild members until you click on their name. That way it is plainly obvious who is new, so you can welcome them in chat. There also should be numbers next to each cell so that you can take a brief look and see that you have "x" active members. It is important to know information like this for prompt responses to chat questions. For example, my guild has about 30ish members currently and I will get asked when we can raid. I need to know that number in order to accurately estimate that it will take at least two more days considering our current rates and goals.
    The chat also needs an indicator for when there are unseen messages, because not everyone uses the chat function as often as information is posted, or sometimes not at all. I would suggest having a blue indicator for general messages, and a red indicator for unread messages from leaders and officers.
  • Options
    A crafting inventory would be great, I miss being able to browse my collection of loot without having to look through my characters to see what I have. A handy list of recipes/schematics would be sweet too.
  • Options
    Agreed. I actually hit the home button instead of back button by accident sometimes because it is often fast, since the back button is inevitably take me to the home page anyways.