Rancor Raid Booster Pack discussion

Replies

• Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    I thought it was a joke pack. That $5 Ewok pack was a way better deal.

I only wish I had that opportunity
  • Options
    I thought everyone already has the RG - don't we get him(her) at the beginning. its all about the shards!
  • Options
    Truly a garbage pack. I would only want it if I could get more RG shards, but some will buy it.
    Maybe If I didn't have Lumi at seven stars, and the price was 30, but dang near 60 bucks to upgrade RG and a character (Ackbar) I don't think is very good. Nope.

I'm close to level 76, so I'll be very close to level 77 where I can upgrade RG in the cantina.
  • Options
    well I've bought my last card pack......don't give a **** how they word it from now on
  • Options
    was using the Pack, 14 Obi Wan Shards 5 Teebo Shards 2 purple stuff 140 000.. @warmonkey1024.. what I don't understand is description says 22 Shards not 19... must say 1350 Crystals for this is... ;) so where are my 3 Shards :D
  • Options
    So glad I checked the forum before purchasing!!! Sorry for those who had this unfortunate experience! :(
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera change the description for this pack ASAP or you will be refunding a lot of people. It's incredibly misleading. I almost bought it as it was almost a good deal if you got 22 shards for each hero on the list.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore

Fools and their money are easily parted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Gankak wrote: »
    It's 22 TOTAL shards from the 14 selected characters. Terrible deal from EA, please don't buy anymore

Especially when lied to about what they get for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »
    But is it worth it?

Lumi is 2 days from being a 7*.

My Rg is at 2*'s and 3/25.

I don't have Ackbar at all.

Or should I just farm away and forget it?

I need 12 Leia shards to get her character and was tempted to spend some crystals to buy a pack since her shards are unfarmable but no guarantees I'll get her and even if I do, she's useless at 2.*

Already have Lumi maxed out and RG at 4.* I can afford to grind for shards even if it takes me a thousand year.
  • Options
    The good thing is that those are the selected characters EA/CG thinks are best to use against the Rancor.

Assuming they playtested it... :wink:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The good thing is that those are the selected characters EA/CG thinks are best to use against the Rancor.

Assuming they playtested it... :wink:

Yeah....ummm...they just buffed QGJ, GS and Leia and nerfed Ventress, so I'm going to go with "No."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Just as bad is the Rancor Raid Strategy Bundle. $75.00 for a little garbage and a few coins. Like ****. Sadly they will make millions today selling all this new stuff.
  • Options
    Entropy14 wrote: »
    Just as bad is the Rancor Raid Strategy Bundle. $75.00 for a little garbage and a few coins. Like ****. Sadly they will make millions today selling all this new stuff.

True. but at least with the strat bundle you know exactly what you're paying for......we assume. The other you're paying for what you think you're getting. whether it's reading the description wrong, or EA being obscure with the description, lots fell for that one. Including me.
  • Options
    I'm with the majority here and saying this bundle is crap. I bought the Rancor Raid Mega Booster Pack and I would like my crystals back. You can take the 22 shards back. I think this may be the most deceptive description I've seen on a FTP game.

I contacted Customer Service and they said that it is working as intended so they couldn't refund the crystals but the CS agent did say he understands the frustration and that he would be upset too based on the description. Something should be done Devs. Let us know and change the dang description.
  • Options
    Will not buy..
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • senkoujin
    187 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (iOS) faithfully as a Free-To-Play (player that doesn't spend any money to play FREE games) player for the past few months. Over time, I've successfully accumulated a decent array of characters (toons, as some may refer to them as), two of them having been promoted to 7-Stars, and I seem to have my "daily routine" with this game.

I look around in the Data Cards area and see the new Rancor Limited-Time offers...the most striking one being the $54.99 USD RANCOR RAID STRATEGY BUNDLE...

One question, do you take us for fools? I speak on behalf of all Free-To-Play players and whales alike; who exactly are you targeting at such exorbitant prices?

Contents:
    40 Royal Guard shards
    42 3-Star Training Droids
    1,800 Crystals
    210,000 Credits
    4-Star Admiral Ackbar
    3-Star Luminara
    1-Star Royal Guard

PRICE: $54.99

....the price doesn't justify the lack of contents. It's like paying $200 for a 2oz. salisbury steak. Are you selling to hardcore whale strategists? Even if you are, the content is still lacking! Free-To-Play players like myself can't seem to fathom why your prices in this game are so out of proportion.

Why can't you make it worthwhile to buy your "Limited-Time" glittering generalities?

For $54.99, you should hook us up as follows:
    160 Royal Guard shards
    420 3-Star Training Droids
    5,400 Crystals
    2,000,000 Credits
    5-Star Admiral Ackbar
    5-Star Luminara
    5-Star Royal Guard

...and I was being modest! I think more people would actually consider buying the package with more content than the one with less content.

The Shard Shop, I'm sure you already know the deal.

300 Shard Currency for a measly 2 shards!? Come on, not to mention, the time and struggle to even get that shop unlocked! Why not give us 8~10 shards instead? It is limited by 24 hours, and you can only purchase one of each item per day. Sure I know you want people to continue playing your game everyday, but we don't like working hard just to unlock more frustration and barriers.

Can't you devs be more reasonable? SURE you got a family to feed, but this game has already reached its production costs and THEN some! You SHOULD use that money to upscale ALL graphics to full Retina-display (at iPad scaling) if you're really trying to show how "expensive" you think this game is. "Use as little resources as possible while at the same time, develop strategies for high revenue." <--Yeah, I know, no need to go the extra mile for your beloved customers that fund your cause?

The point is, if you wanna keep your exorbitant prices, you should give us a **** good reason to make the purchase. Whales can buy whatever they want when they want blindly, but if you want to farm more, you gotta do a better job at fertilizing the seas. Granted, even I want to pay real money to get ahead and progress faster, but when the price->content ratio is DOWNRIGHT insulting, I say to myself things like:

"Is the CEO a Sith Lord?"
    "Why should I pay big for something so small?"
    "How desperate ARE these whales?"
    "Why can't they just give us our money's worth?"

To simplify this post, devs, you should give us our MONEY and TIME's worth, then MORE people will buy your in-app purchases. Out of all the big data you've collected thus far, you still haven't thought this through? ....and don't talk about game balance because this IS pay-to-win; it's not like you're just going to deny possible income.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    It's £42.99 in the uk! So basically $63
  • MrTryme
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm with the majority here and saying this bundle is crap. I bought the Rancor Raid Mega Booster Pack and I would like my crystals back. You can take the 22 shards back. I think this may be the most deceptive description I've seen on a FTP game.

I contacted Customer Service and they said that it is working as intended so they couldn't refund the crystals but the CS agent did say he understands the frustration and that he would be upset too based on the description. Something should be done Devs. Let us know and change the dang description.

I am so mad. I seriously want a refund. I thought it was 22 shards for every character......

• Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Gankak wrote: »

Which fool are you talking about?
    I don't think you make any sense.
    Go home.

• Options
    The only thing tha will be worth in that pack is if they put in a minirancor lol
  • Options
    Bought one pack. Got 22 total shards - ig88, QGJ and old ben and some purple mats.

Lesson learned.
  • Options
    Please discuss the new booster pack here.

For the sake of clarity:

It guarantees total of x amount of shards from the listed characters, not x amount of shards per character.

Excuse me, Moderator, I have a set of questions regarding merging posts.

Is it possible that you always indicate in the newly merged thread that you have merged our posts? Because if not, it can look like all thread are posted under your post, which I think can be confusing at times, but which if is intended, I hope there is a justifiable reason to do so, which sometimes there might be, which sometimes I didn't see.

Also, is it possible to indicate original posters and their repliers after merging our posts? Because some posts have original posters and their repliers, if not, it can be difficult to tell who replied to which original poster, which can be confusing for future repliers in some extent.

At last, I have a point that is philosophical: when different threads are merged, there can be only one head title and one head post for all merged post, thus I think there needs to be careful consideration in selecting the best head title and head post for the titles that are deleted and their posts that are merged, otherwise it may not be fair for the deleted titles and their merged posts.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Honestly. Stop buying stuff.

Learned this back in January. Haven't spend a dime since. Working well for me. :)

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Honestly. Stop buying stuff.

Learned this back in January. Haven't spend a dime since. Working well for me. :)

What?! You didn't buy those lovely cute cuddly cannibal teddybears? Not even to support WWF? :cry:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I've just been ripped off with the Rancor Mega booster pack. I want my cystals back. It misleads you into thinking your getting more than you are. Won't be spending anymore money on this game now..
  • Options
    I tried customer service and via email and they referred me to the forum...that is terrible. I will be calling in person, and if needed requesting a refund from IOS or disputing the charges on my credit card. Terrible service EA and CG.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly speaking, this pack has helped me decide to quit. Not having a whinge, just stating some feelings (high on IV pain meds in hospital probably helping this), seeing this kind of (kind of) deceptive advertising for a pack just looks like a desperate company doing a desperate cash grab move, again. It's highlighted to me personally how they are slowly but steadily becoming more and more "going against" the players.

This game used to be great, I loved how they didn't seem to appear to be making them on the side of whales as a pay to win, but with various increased prices and other things like the device exclusive packs, events, it's losing the feeling for me that they "care" about players.

Anyone still enjoying this game, great! That's why someone should be playing :) I half play for entertainment and half as pain relief from serious nerve damage pain, and lately I haven't been getting much of either of the above reasons I play, time to move on. I had a fair bit spent as since I used this for relief and insurance pays for my actual pain drugs, I don't mind paying this as a substitute for some pain relief drugs heh. If you aren't enjoying this game, I highly recommend either take a break and see if the devs /publisher learn from players concerns and make this game "enjoyable again" (depending on someone's individual perspective), or what I do, find something else. Regarding feeling bad about spent dollars, it's not hard to get back, no more said about this to hopefully not break TOS.

TLDR, if the game isn't that fun and or you think it's heading down the dark path of being too expensive, take a break to re evaluate it, but of course, arena rank will hurt then. [I was getting #1 daily at reset, so I'll definitely won't be do this again personally if I came back ha]
  • Options
    Jesus guys, come on. Stop buying anything in this game. They're just going to morph it into power them, weaknesd you... buy power and they nerf it... buy more power, they just give the AI protection... and dump you on the side of the road hoping you spend more so they can take you down. They are at war with their customers. Want a galactic war? Stop spending money. It's the only thing that will get the current producer fired and bring in someone who cares about customer game play instead of being an incompetent @****.
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Well in shipments now there is a gear piece for 1500 crystals. The cash grabbing in this update is disgusting

PLEASE STOP SPENDING MONEY! Everyone needs to be on board and stop supporting complete stupidity! It's like a retail store that slaps their customers in the face, and when they don't come back, the store keeps raising the price on the fewer and fewer customers to try to maintain the stream of income. Well, in the end they have one customer who has to pay $50,000 for a shirt. The solution isn't to raise prices, and make existing levels more difficult forcing people to spend more for the same play! The solution is to be nice to your customers and LET THEM PLAY the game. Management of this game is amateur at best. What did they do? Hire a high school student from Colorado with no business experience at all? Thanks EA... It really took a lot of effort to start a battle with your customers. Stupid!!!!