Who would win a battle to the death?

JAETHEWARRIOR
9 posts Member
edited April 2016
Before anakin turns to the dark side and luke at his prime.
Post edited by JAETHEWARRIOR on

Who would win a battle to the death? 31 votes

LUKE SKYWALKER (after taking on vader and palpatine) (new arm)
25% 8 votes
ANAKIN WALKER (before turning to darkside)
64% 20 votes
A TIE
6% 2 votes
Neither
3% 1 vote

Replies

• Options
    The problem here is that Anakin supposedly (never seen them) gains a LOT of strength in The Clone Wars. So "before dark side" has 3 options: Ep II Anakin (lots weaker than Luke), TCW Anakin (probably a tie) or early Ep III Anakin (doesn't count, already under Palpatine's spell).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • JAETHEWARRIOR
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anakin before turning to darkside. Don't forget to vote :)
  • meg
    12 posts Member
    Options
    The first time I read this I took "a tie" as a necktie and I was slightly confused
  • Vixy
    65 posts Member
    Options
    meg wrote: »
    The first time I read this I took "a tie" as a necktie and I was slightly confused

Glad I wasn't alone XD

And I voted Anakin because I based it on Ep 3 BEFORE he fell (like right when he went to Windu to turn in Palpatine.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Anakin walker, and I'm pretty sure Luke could beat a tie fighter, so I'm going Luke
  • Options
    Anakin and Obi Wan were basically assassins. They were highly trained in battle and could beat the best of them.

Luke was a boy with a sword who beat his father with psychological warfare. The second he faced someone else (Palpatine) he almost died.

Vader was mentally weak. Luke exploited that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin and Obi Wan were basically assassins. They were highly trained in battle and could beat the best of them.

Luke was a boy with a sword who beat his father with psychological warfare. The second he faced someone else (Palpatine) he almost died.

Didn't he also beat his father in a sword fight before he threw his own sword down?
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

Didn't he also beat his father in a sword fight before he threw his own sword down?

Yeah. And Vader wasn't trying hard enough or wasn't distant enough from the light side to battle at his full potential.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    You realize that anakin had a lot of proper training and an entire war of experience? Luke played with a few training droids and took Yodas two week boot camp.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    You realize that anakin had a lot of proper training and an entire war of experience? Luke played with a few training droids and took Yodas two week boot camp.

All the more hail to Luke then, as he didn't even have proper training. Imagine how strong he would be between movies VI and VII.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin Walker as in an undead Anakin? If that's the case I'd say Luke since the force is made up of living things and Anakin would just get wrecked while stumbling around.
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    I've never heard of Anakin walker, and I'm pretty sure Luke could beat a tie fighter, so I'm going Luke

lol
  • Options
    they are the same person so that means they would be beating themselves

and that's not very pg
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Anakin. He was the Chosen One. More midichlorians than Yoda. (Forgive me) The whole premise of the Star Wars franchise was that he was created to bring balance to the force. Which he did. He fell to the dark side and destroyed a decadent Jedi order with Sidious as his puppet master and then his son Luke frees him from Palpatines bonds and he destroys the Sith. He was an instrument of the force. A victim of destiny that no one could understand. Luke was an intelligent yet overall weaker force user. Read the books. Btw, as Darth Vader, Anakin lost most of his force potential, becoming more a measure of fear than sheer power, he could not use the physical destructive force as his robotics would fail.
  • Options
    Anakin, before and even as he was falling would decisively dismember his embattled child.
  • Options
    Before anakin turns to the dark side and after luke takes on palatine and vader

No way Anakin before darkside beats Luke. Luke defeats Vader (arguably), and one else even comes close.

Sure they are related, but Vader has been dark longer than he has been a father.. Luke wins HANDS down..

I am not agreeing with any posts about Anakin strength at any time before that, Anakin is a wuss.. until he becomes Vader and even then there was a period he had to learn to be that good.
  • Options
    Veradun wrote: »
    Anakin, before and even as he was falling would decisively dismember his embattled child.

OK then we need a new SW movie to show this battle, they can simply call the movie Anakin. I think there is enough content with his history to have an entire movie focused around him.. I would see it definitely..

I think people are biased because Vader is probably the most cunning lethal villian in history.. So it's not a fair comparison, the man BEFORE darkside is weak, has a lot to learn.. Luke was taught by Yoda, so the only person to truly make that a assessment would be Yoda.

I am confident he would say "Luke, powerful he is, none stronger to beat any opponent."
  • Options
    Anakin would ramble on about "midichlorians", "sand", cry about Padmé, do a dozen flips, mumble something about not underestimating his power.

And Luke would be like, "You're not crying again, are you?"

Luke FTW
  • Options
    Also Anakin was NOT the chosen one:

The prophecy of the Chosen One was a Jedi legend that foretold the coming of a being who would bring balance to the Force. Some Jedi, such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, also referred to the prophecy as predicting the Chosen One would destroy the Sith. Yoda cautioned at one point that the prophecy might have been misinterpreted.[2]

In the decades before the Clone Wars, the Chosen One was believed to be born in the form of Anakin Skywalker, and said to have been conceived by the midi-chlorians.[1]

Luke is the one that ultimately prevails.... so LUKE is the real chosen one.
  • Options
    No no no no... I foresee Jar Jar becoming the most powerful Jedi of all!!
  • Options
    Again, read the books. Furthermore, in the movies Yoda could not defeat Count Dooku, Anakin did (as a man). Vader was a twisted shell, yes he was beaten by Luke, but it's not like he was upset about it, he was relieved and, ultimately, redeemed. Yet, HE (Anakin/Vader) threw down Sidious. Luke couldn't even get within striking distance.
  • Options
    Misread, possibly, or just misunderstood. Again, Anakin is the one who brought balance (grand scale), just not the way the Council could understand. Btw, Yoda (greatest Jedi) could not defeat Sidious. Do or do not, there is no try. He did not...
  • Options
    No contest. Anakin is the most powerful Jedi in history, completely comprised of midi-chlorians. He has had years of training. Luke spent most of his life playing with toy ships.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    There are no prequels...
  • Options
    Canon: Anakin stomps
    EU: Luke stomps