Is the new Rancor Raid Mega Booster Pack worth it???

DarthEagles
4 posts Member
edited April 2016
I am FTP most of the time on this game but do buy some crystals now and then, I have some spare crystals now and do refresh daily too, so curious if it is worth buying a few packs

Is the new Rancor Raid Mega Booster Pack worth it??? 160 votes

Yes
6%
Sticare_Courts_0073unit900000infectiouszombieJaquizz1616IT_L1V3SSikhoMarkatonaGoosySithLordWizzerButtHernerJade 10 votes
No
93%
LooookiEnigmaticienTheRenegadeGenakumaIvoB1987speZialiZtpip_ninjaImperialRebelUshoAksterKhorvog_KarbossaAdamWZtyleBerdilioDarthMufasaDoomStarSonElinadCobrasManoAceyduceyScorpion1980 150 votes

Replies

• Options
    No
    Dont think so, at this point most have Luminara 7 stars and just to put Royal Guard to 3 stars (or so) for that price is not so cheap. IMHO.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    No
    The only worth packs were droid and starter one...
  • Options
    Fair point, I haven't completed Rey yet though that's the main one I was looking at.
  • Options
    No
    Nonnoace wrote: »
    Dont think so, at this point most have Luminara 7 stars and just to put Royal Guard to 3 stars (or so) for that price is not so cheap. IMHO.

Agreed. Akbar is available in arena shipments and lumi, like you said, is probably one of the easiest toons to level.

So essentially, you're paying $60 for a 1* RG (2* with the shards ) Chrystal's and credits.

No thank you.

• Options
    No
    Yeah i forgot Akbar sorry but doesn't change too much, with arena shipments you can farm it easily if you really want it and i dont see much Akbars in arena/GW. I doubt it will be so essential in rancor task and even if so arena is the easiest way to get it.
  • Options
    No
    RG shards are the only thing worthwhile.... maybe for new people with none of those toons it would be worth it??? But kind of a slap to the rest of us.... Really odd to pick her to be there.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Lumi (GW), Ackbar (Arena), RG 1*+40 shards=3*, 210K credits and 1800 crystals, for that price
    They must be joking, it's a terrible deal
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    No
    And if i remember correctly (passed several months lol) RG is one of the characters you obtain for free at the start of the game (as well as CHewie, JC and so) so even less worth :D
  • TheLegendOfKimy
    108 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No
    Yeah it's not worth it. Most packs they offer aren't worth it. Only droid pack is worth it.

Starter pack used to be good but they changed it, can't remember the exact change, but they swapped out Dooku/Oppress for Greedo? or something. I mean yeah Greedo is worth the $5 cost, but if you look at what they've done, they took out two of the more important/viable characters and replaced them with one you won't use. So you're not getting anywhere near the same value. ( + It actually kind of screws you if you're a newbie, and decide to invest in Greedo after buying the pack)
  • Options
    No
    Would help some if the Lumi and Akbar chars could be converted to shards to be used in the shard shop. Just a suggestion to the devs.
  • Options
    No
    Before I clicked I was thinking $20 was going to be too much, to see it cost nearly triple what was already too much is incredibly ridiculous.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No
    My son spotted it yesterday on his phone and thought it said $4.99 (he missed the "5" in front of the $54.99) - at $4.99 it was close to being a decent value - even though a great many f2p have Lumi.

At 10 times that price? lol. To the OP - thank you for being smart enough to check on the forums first. If more players did this, EA would actually have to stop trying to rip players off - only to have them come here later and realize it.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No
    As always, not a bad prize but way too many crystals. In shipments, 1 shard = 50 crystals. 20 would be 1000 crystals. 22 is 1100. So for an additional 225 crystals you get 96k credits and 2 ability mats. They even say "use the mats wisely" akin to your grandmother giving you a dollar for your birthday and telling you not to spend it all in one place.

There's no discount in this pack. It's just conveniently packaged in one place. Not to mention it's a vast array of easily farmable toons with 98% guarantee you won't get who you're really after.

This pack is pitiful.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    No
    As usual the packs are a blatant rip off and offer close to zero value.
    I think packs are aimed at people who either don't care about money at all or who fail at math horribly.
  • Options
    No
    And if i remember correctly (passed several months lol) RG is one of the characters you obtain for free at the start of the game (as well as CHewie, JC and so) so even less worth :D

Yep. And he sat on everyone's bench for months collecting dust until his buff and now he's all over the place, LOL!
  • Options
    No
    I believe he is asking about the pack with the shards not the one with Akbar. The answer is still no it's a horrible pack and you only get 22 shards randomly from a combination of them. ie. 10 Ray, 12 Ewok definitely not worth it.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Options
    No
    No it's not worth it the pack is worth 5k crystals at most
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    No
    No, simply wasted 1320 crystals for 5 lobot, 15 chewie, and 5 ig-88 shards... Worst deal ever
  • Options
    No
    Paying 60 for 25 is never a good deal.
  • Options
    Yes
    I'm an EA rep and I highly advise everyone to buy this pack! :+1:

[WARNING: this message may or may not be sponsored :trollface: ]
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    If they offered Rey at 4* and some shards instead of Lumi I'd seriously consider getting the pack. But you're essentially getting a very small push on RG and Ackbar with a long way to go to make them viable at end game/arenas. For $60 not worth it all IMO. And few don't already have Lumi at max or well on their way, so she's an odd choice.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    No
    1* Ackbar. Good luck with that. : )

Lumi is a painfully easy farm that just about everyone already has, so there's some shards.

Everyone already has RG, so what you're paying for is his shards and that's really all the deal has going for it.

Basically, it's the worst deal for what you're getting when you consider how easy it is to access what they're offering... Especially when combined with RG's node in Cantina.

The only upside to this is that you can almost guarantee there are no nerfs for RG coming any time soon, because the outrage after releasing this pack right now, for THAT price while he's the FOTM and then nerfing him soon after would be... Glorious. : )
  • Options
    No
    It's worth an arm and a leg..........of a mosquito.
  • Options
    No
    Not to me, but I've already got 7* Ackbar and Lumi, and 3* RG. I'm not paying that price for some RG shards.
  • Options
    Lol. Flashback to the time I was drunk and bought the Jedi pack with Anakin. Good times.
  • Options
    No
    cDnzopN.png
  • Options
    No
    No. No. A thousand times no.
  • Options
    No

Yep. And he sat on everyone's bench for months collecting dust until his buff and now he's all over the place, LOL!
    I believe he is asking about the pack with the shards not the one with Akbar. The answer is still no it's a horrible pack and you only get 22 shards randomly from a combination of them. ie. 10 Ray, 12 Ewok definitely not worth it.

Ah! My mistake. And yes, I've already purchase one shard pack and yes - not worth it. Like everything else, it's way too random.

• Options
    No
    Complete waste of money seeing as rg is the only toon that is hard to 7*