Old Daka focused fired by computer AI ?

It seems like Old Daka (most of all) and a few other toons I have been using in Galactic War (the only place I pay more attention to stuff like this) Have had a huge increase in Focus Fire. 80% of all attacks have been targeting her repeatedly.

I don't mind if smarter AI is something you guys are working on.. but you had better add smarter AI to the player side as well. I know for a fact my Auto Attacks attack everyone randomly regardless of who they are or what class they are. It seems like they never attack the same person twice in a row, and even if I select who I want them to hit they randomly pick a different target on the next turn.

The player side auto attack AI seems to ALWAYS attack the person who makes the less sense.
Mace never hits his Magnifying glass (example) and I can have a target down to 20% and my guys will be hitting the people with the highest health.

and another thing about auto attack.
I think for Galactic War a "Main attack only" auto attack would be HUGE game changer
I like to auto the first half and to me being able to trust my auto attack to not burn my cooldowns would make so much more sense. Having your team just auto attack to save time. and whenever you need a heal you can just turn it off.. pop a heal then turn it back on.

Replies

• Options
    there's definitely a system that the AI targets first
    in GW daka always focus fired. other than that they attack dathcha alot
    in Arena, the AI goes after ig88 pretty often
  • Options
    I believe the A.I. Focus fires the enemy with the lowest health pool. In GW I run Jedi Consular alot and he is always focus fired. In Arena I run IG-86 and he is almost always focus fired.
  • Options
    The AI has gotten better. Everybody relentlessly picks on JC, QGJ always targets an enemy with a buff to award offense up to the team, and Savage will often smash your almost dead hero with his unavoidable attack. War is he11, man.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Healers take the brunt of the AI's focus fire, it's just the way it is. And yeah, Mace NEVER hits his exposed target. It make me laugh everytime. Otherwise, he'd be a real pain to deal with. Then again, I auto nothing. I don't auto arena and I sure don't auto GW.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Oddly enough my JC never gets targeted.. and im not complaining because hes my ace in the hole for GW. (well besides BO as lead)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    KozeeDJ wrote: »
    Oddly enough my JC never gets targeted.. and im not complaining because hes my ace in the hole for GW. (well besides BO as lead)

MY JC gets targeted less than Lumi. Talia on my suicide squad gets pummeled the first 4 moves.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    In gw daka always gets focused down regardless of what your team composition is.
    I have my old daka maxed for long time, trust me, you can do 2 nodes with her at best thats it.
  • Options
    Yea. Daka is one of my fav toons.
    but I have bumped her down to my suicide squad..
    which for some reason has better results than my main squad.. it just doesn't have longevity.
    CPhasma lead
    poggle
    grey IG droid
    daka
    hk47

I agree somewhat with them targeting low health pools but its not 100%
    I have a 5* Maul (lowest health pool in game) on a 7* team and for some reason the computer AI hardly ever targets him.

That's the one thing that bothers me most about this game..
    seems like theres so much chaos and random **** moments.
    Like the designers are just closing their eyes and pointing.
  • Options
    Yeah. She does get targeted. I retreat if I lose her because her stuns are so useful in the later rounds.
  • Options
    I keep my focussed-on Daka through almost all levels of GW. The trick is to time your Lumi heals properly.
  • Options
    KozeeDJ wrote: »
    and another thing about auto attack.
    I think for Galactic War a "Main attack only" auto attack would be HUGE game changer .

+1.. yes make an option for Auto attack to only use basic attacks on enemies with less than 20% health or something..

100% agree.

• Options
    Nik_Zirlos wrote: »
    I keep my focussed-on Daka through almost all levels of GW. The trick is to time your Lumi heals properly.

Has nothing to do with timing, if you are BEING attacked and its NOT your turn how or when you heal has ZERO affect when enemy has initiative..

If the bots attack they do so in succession, and with advantage they can attack again.. with ZERO intervention by human.

Focus fire is focus fire, has nothing to do with heals.
  • Options
    I was just replying to LlwllynZ who said you could only use her for 2 nodes max. I find that that's not true.
  • Options
    Things have definitely changed with Daka. I'm not entirely sure when, but she is most definitely drawing more agro than she used to. Even when swapping her position in your team in GW the AI will still focus on her instead of the spot she used to be in. All that said, I still use Daka node 1-12. It's too hard to give up the auto-revive, and chance for revive on heal...
  • Options
    I hardly use her anymore for this reason. She is always the first to die.
  • Options
    The AI has gotten better. Everybody relentlessly picks on JC, QGJ always targets an enemy with a buff to award offense up to the team, and Savage will often smash your almost dead hero with his unavoidable attack. War is he11, man.

Ha sorry the AI has gotten better for certain characters, the AI is still **** for Asajj.
  • Options
    BTW. This is a great gaming community thanks for all the Input guys/gals.
  • Options
    If you have a good team. You want the A.I. to be as good as possible.
  • Options
    Yeah. She does get targeted. I retreat if I lose her because her stuns are so useful in the later rounds.

Totally agree with this. She is a stunning beast so I make sure to heal her every chance I get.
  • Options
    This is the problem.

The game was balanced (more) by having the AI attack randomly and therefore was usually geared, starred and leveled higher to compensate for this. Now it concentrates on specific characters (whomever they may be for you), but is still higher, gear, star and level. That's some wack balancing.

The AI has 12 x 5 toons per GW (60)... and we have?

Bottom line, it's not the stupid protection bar change that ultimately changed GW, they altered their attack style without retooling their power compensation.

If GW is easy for you... congrats, you have a larger roster of equalized characters than many others.
  • Options
    Ha sorry the AI has gotten better for certain characters, the AI is still **** for Asajj.

That's pretty **** true though.
  • Options
    I wish they'd do this to Kylo so he could use outrage mores
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    A little hint. If your daka gets hit 6 times in a row in GW, reset gw, and switch the positions of your tank with daka. Then, your tank will get hit by those attacks. RNG can be stale that way.

Here are some more GW tips: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29766/gw-strategy#latest
  • Options
    From what I saw today if all full health healer focus fire

If healer is under half dead at their turn it is dead no question.